Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof of God

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Default Proof of God

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=692701363&n=2

As he holds the banana in his hand, I recall a poignant line by Spock in the Star Trek movie The Voyage Home, “It is the height of human arrogance to assume it must be meant for man.” What amazes me is that they have the means to tour around the world promoting God’s grand scheme to people, and yet don’t even understand the mere basis and purpose of the banana he holds in his very hand.

Ironically, the very characteristics of the banana he claims to be created by God to perfectly suit man, are the very characteristics evolved into the banana (and all fruits) by Nature to attract animals to them. Animals (that includes humans) are attracted to fruits, and those fruits are the very wombs that carry the plant’s seeds. As animals carry the fruit away to eat it, they scatter the seeds around the ground resulting in the propagation of that plant. Banana plants (like so many) would not have survived had they been putrid, difficult to tear open and beyond the reach of animals. However, there are no seeds in the bananas that you and I eat, because they were cultivated by man for so many years they co-evolved with man to eventually lose their seeds. In the case of banana plants, they reproduce asexually at the root level underground, and are greatly assisted in this by man’s worldwide cultivation and distribution of the plant. Humans for the most part, encourage the reproduction of banana plants, not God. The banana plant no longer needs seeds, because humans cultivate the plant all around the world for consumption.

The guy on the right is Kirk Cameron, formerly the star of the sitcom “Growing Pains”. He's a regular on television on the Christian Trinity Broadcast Network (TBN). He claims he was an atheist during his teen-star days, and was converted to Christianity by a friend who took him to church one day. A little background research reveals that he was a spoiled little brat as a teen-star who was waited on hand and foot. “When I wanted something, I got it. That was my reality” quotes Kirk Cameron. When he went to church, discussions of sin made him feel very guilty, and he was subsequently won over by Christianity. Basically, he pompously walked around telling people he was an atheist, and had no real understanding as to ‘why’ he was an atheist, only to be inevitably swooned by the redemptive rapture of religion.

He now stars in b-grade fundamentalist Christian movies. He has a show on TBN where sometimes they have interesting street encounters where they will try to witness to someone, and sometimes the person being witnessed to will be a staunch atheist and they fail miserably to convert the person. Surprisingly, he will allow such failed segments to air uncensored on his show. Some people have gotten very hostile with him. He approached a homeless transsexual drug addict on the street in San Francisco and said "You know God can save you." The transsexual immediately jumped up and (deservingly) started shoving Cameron all over the sidewalk. Again, to my surprise, they allowed that segment to air on his show. At least he's honest about some people's resistance to religion. One time they were in Saudi Arabia at Mecca, and a Muslim was repeatedly spitting on Cameron as he preached to the crowd. Maybe he should have been holding up the banana as indisputable proof of the Christian god.

I saw that segment, and thought about substituting a crab or a lobster or artichoke for the banana. How intelligently easy to eat are their divine designs?

FK

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    I saw that segment, and thought about substituting a crab or a lobster or artichoke for the banana. How intelligently easy to eat are their divine designs?

FK
    You and I haven't agreed on much in the past, but I give credit where credit is due.

That was an excellent point!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt

FK
    His analysis of the banana is like someone who shoots an arrow, hits something, and then paints a target around it and claims "bullseye".

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

au contraire

the fruits of the Earth have been designed for our consumption. at least many fruits have been bred, hypridized, artificially selected and/or genetically modified to be more efficient lures for our dollars. i haven't googled bananas, but i bet dollars to donuts that "god's" bananas were not nearly as suited to our needs and desires as our own. personally, i like them BIG, with a swooping curve.

Professional Poster

He preached in Mecca and lives today? hat may be fake. As far as him showing people get angry with him that suits him. He can point out that atheists and others are hostile and full of hate, and that's the persacussion christians face every day (a dillusional claim). Does he show people peacefully turn him away? Besides I think Boner was a better character than Mike.
    Oh and yes fruits were created for consumption by many creatures not just man, and get this not just christians either.

See, this video shows something that gets on my nerves about the nutty religious folks. Whenever something works out, it's proof that God exists. Everything turned out exactly as God intended.

But what about when things don't turn out so well? What about the little kid who was born paraplegic? Are we to believe that God designed little Timmy to need a wheelchair all his life? Or are we supposed to ignore little Timmy?

Besides, the whole banana nonsense just gives credene to natural selection. Maybe there were less-than-perfect bananas a few thousand years ago. But none of the animals liked those, they went for the new-and-improved bananas instead, and the old models came to extinction.

Professional Poster

Tha banana was sheltered by man left to grow in the wild it would've evolved differently. Oh and God's plan is going according to plan, so why is it christians pray? I think that's offensive to ask God to change things just because you'd rather deal with a rash than herpes, or because you need to an operation on your rectum.

For the record I have dozens of wild banana trees growing on the mountain I live on.The fruit these tress bare have several very hard olive sized pits in them and makes the banana hard to eat.Guess Buddha and Christ dont see eye to eye on fruit.

DJ Asia

Professional Poster

I just think it's funny how Cameran, durring the 80's, was some teen heart throb ( I remember seeing posters of Cameren carried by girls on the school bus home ) and now is doing these religious shows.

Was one of the girls from Full House his sister?

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!