Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why doesnt Bobby Jindal use his real name ?

It's Piyush.
    This piece of human excrement wants to sound American, and never lets an interviewer introduce him by his real name. It's way too foreign for the 2016 Republican primaries. He even went as far as converting from his native Hinduism to Christianity. I'm sure he's trying to figure out how to make his skin lighter.
    Of course he pounds his chest at turning down Medicaid expansion that would vastly improve the health care delivered to his impoverished Louisiana citizens who suffer the worst poverty rates in the country.
    He is in favor of overturning Roe vs Wade and opposes same sex marriage.

Governor Piyush Jindal, you are a scumbag. and no matter what you do, your political party will always see you as a turban- headed fake American.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default Re: Why doesnt Bobby Jindal use his real name ?

It is common for those with foreign sounding names to adopt Americanized versions to be more accepted in the english speaking culture of the US. I have a friend named Parham that goes by Pat. And our current President took a journey of discovery that eventually led him back to his name Barrack but for years he went by the more Americanized name of Barry.

Jindal's chice is not unusually as a people of non-Anglo origins try to navigate the mixing bowl of cultures called the US of A. It does speak to the different journey he is taking as a man that still prefers to be called Bobby than to be know by his name given him as a man.

I have no issue Jindal's either trying to hide or trying to play off of his heritage. I don't find it attractive in anyway that he'd dump his given name to easy his trip through a very friction based racial America. But I know it is customary and many fine men and women with good minds and hearts make that choice.

Bobby Jindal just happens to a hypocritical hand tool of the capitalist elite who is wrong on policy, short on compassion and devoid of the charisma that IMHO it takes to lead aa party let alone a nation.

Whether the GOP will always see him as a turban-headed fake American is yet to known, the Koch Brothers and much of the power of that party would back anybody they think they can control and win and national election.

Old news but it still says a lot about Jindal and many of the characters the capitalist elite can find to spread their message while putting enough of a populist that the voter doesn't feel like they are voting for the CEO's of finance, petrochemicals and health care related industries.

You aren't going to find a lot of genuine articles preaching for the domination of big oil, the military industrial complex, big pharma, and mega insurance companies, so they find flawed front spokespersons who speak about freedom, right to life and the right bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by fivekatz View Post
    Old news but it still says a lot about Jindal and many of the characters the capitalist elite can find to spread their message while putting enough of a populist that the voter doesn't feel like they are voting for the CEO's of finance, petrochemicals and health care related industries.

You aren't going to find a lot of genuine articles preaching for the domination of big oil, the military industrial complex, big pharma, and mega insurance companies, so they find flawed front spokespersons who speak about freedom, right to life and the right bear arms.
    I agree with what Noam Chomsky said. He said the Republican Party barely function as a political party anymore. And the Dems are moving in that direction.
    The Republicans simply serve the super-rich. A tiny fraction of the population. Essentially the 1 percent of the 1 percent.
    But in order to function as a political party they need votes. So who are they going to appeal to? Well, Christians. People who want abortion banned, homosexuals not to wed, nativism etc., etc., etc. (So, in that sense, they're trapped. And they can't break out of character. I mean, they can't come out and say: we love gays, we think abortion is a woman's right etc., etc.)
    Because no one would support them if they knew what they actual stood for, what their actual policies are: namely serving the interests of the super-rich....
    The political system, as people are cognizant of, has been taken over by big money.

Unmasking the most influential billionaire in U.S. politics:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct...ltzik-20121003

Noam Chomsky - The Political system in the USA:

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I agree with what Noam Chomsky said. He said the Republican Party barely function as a political party anymore. And the Dems are moving in that direction.
    The Republicans simply serve the super-rich. A tiny fraction of the population. Essentially the 1 percent of the 1 percent.
    But in order to function as a political party they need votes. So who are they going to appeal to? Well, Christians. People who want abortion banned, homosexuals not to wed, nativism etc., etc., etc. (So, in that sense, they're trapped. And they can't break out of character. I mean, they can't come out and say: we love gays, we think abortion is a woman's right etc., etc.)
    Because no one would support them if they knew what they actual stood for, what their actual policies are: namely serving the interests of the super-rich....
    The political system, as people are cognizant of, has been taken over by big money.

Unmasking the most influential billionaire in U.S. politics:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct...ltzik-20121003

Noam Chomsky - The Political system in the USA:

There is no argument that the GOP is the higher paid and therefore the more committed party of the interests of the 1% of America.

But I would point out that until 2006 and really once the the 2010 midterms allowed them to gerrymander congressional districts the party has done a very brilliant job of taking an agenda that really addressed the interests of 1% of America and turned it into electoral success.

First, and there is little honor in the fact the Dems owned the South until 1966, until 1966 and two civil rights laws driven by Dems, they owned the South and the GOP took ownership of this angry white group of voters that were scared of african-americans having an equal voice and equal rights.

The GOP turned abortion into an issue of life rather than choice. They angered the average working American that folks might be living off of them, but rather than turning the spotlight on General Dynamics they turned the spotlight on the African-American woman who did not have an abortion but used other safety nets to support her family.

The GOP pissed everybody off about affirmative action and what it did for guys like Clarence Thomas but never said a word about the legacy system that dragged unengaged students like G W Bush or Edward Moore Kennedy through Ivy League schools as legacy students.

Now it is easy to point to the GOP pandering to Christians and as a Jewish American it is something that makes wonder why there are Jews for the GOP just like I wonder why there are Log Cabin Republicans. But the GOP holds no ill will towards Jews in fact they are glad there are a bunch of circumcised guys stand up against those Arabs with oil. The Log Cabin vote? Weird IMHO on both sides...but the GOP is about serving a small interest group and getting votes from a larger one and find issues that the larger group will be blinded by. Their attempts to romance Hispanic Americans shall be interesting because it is a god fearing, hard working, family oriented culture but much of that easily translates into equal opportunity and caring for all citizens regardless of age and class.

They used the threat of war and made the more thoughtful Dems look weak until they ran into Obama the "drone-o-maniac" and have since found themselves lost on the issue.

The Dems will hopefully will always look to find a balance in the American system between the need for our industry and elite to prosper and the need for government to ensure their prosperity not only converts into American jobs, but infrastructure, education and advancement of the nation as a whole, This is in the best interest of the 100% and the sooner the 1% get it the more likely we are not to be totally marginalized by China and our own stupidity.

Just my take

“Accepting these federal resources will provide health insurance to tens of thousand of low-income New Jersians, help keep our hospitals financially healthy, and actually save money for New Jersey taxpayers.”
    Christie gets it.
    Rick Perry is still in the 'not accept' column. But he's just a big dope that got himself elected governor.
    What I find so utterly vile about Bobby is that he's a really smart guy. Harvard Medical School smart. (he was accepted but turned it down..... figured he could screw more people out of health care as a politician than a doctor)

Too bad Bobby Jindal has such a big brain but a small heart. and no soul

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    “Accepting these federal resources will provide health insurance to tens of thousand of low-income New Jersians, help keep our hospitals financially healthy, and actually save money for New Jersey taxpayers.”
    Christie gets it.
    Rick Perry is still in the 'not accept' column. But he's just a big dope that got himself elected governor.
    What I find so utterly vile about Bobby is that he's a really smart guy. Harvard Medical School smart. (he was accepted but turned it down..... figured he could screw more people out of health care as a politician than a doctor)

Too bad Bobby Jindal has such a big brain but a small heart. and no soul
    Can't add to this take really. There is a lot policy wise that I don't agree with Christie on but I do respect that he is genuine, which frankly in his party is almost unique in recent history.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I don't blame him for not using his real name now, as that is how he has become known to the public.

But I know PLENTY of older Asian, Indian etc. immigrants who chose to use an Anglo name because they didn't want to have people stumbling over their real name. Maybe some of it was done to assimilate...I can't really blame them. I will say that the U.S. has become accustomed enough to non-Western immigrants that people can accept a Piyush.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fivekatz View Post
    Can't add to this take really. There is a lot policy wise that I don't agree with Christie on but I do respect that he is genuine, which frankly in his party is almost unique in recent history.
    Forget his party, the New Jersey Democrats are so corrupt and shady that not only did it get him elected but he's gotten 74% approval rating in a deep Blue state!

0 out of 1 members liked this post.