Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Own a Assault Weapon? soon the Sheriff will be at your home

checking your house..this is getting nuts.. You for it or against it?

Proposed Gun Law Calls For Home Inspections Of 'Assault Weapon' Owners

(Jason Howerton) With each proposed anti-gun bill put forth by Democrats across the U.S., the demands appear to be getting more and more restrictive on gun owners. While the Obama administration pushes for a ban on so-called “assault weapons” and universal background checks, Democrats in both California and Missouri have proposed legislation that would result in possible confiscation of semi-automatic rifles.

Now, Democratic lawmakers in Olympia, Wash. last week introduced legislation that would allow county sheriffs to inspect the homes of semi-automatic rifle owners once a year. Seattle Times columnist Danny Westneat describes the move as “Orwellian.”

The proposed bill, Senate Bill 5737, would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable magazines and magazines that contain more than 10 rounds. It would also subject law-abiding gun owners to random searches by a county sheriff.

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection,” the bill states.

“They always say, we’ll never go house to house to take your guns away. But then you see this, and you have to wonder,” Seattle trial lawyer Lance Palmer told the Seattle Times.

Read more: http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/billha...#ixzz2LZuXAJqp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	masada_poster.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	557020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR-15-assault-weapon.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	557025  

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by bat1; 02-22-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Member Rookie Poster volkov2006's Avatar

Default Re: Own a Assault Weapon? soon the Sheriff will be at your home

I have lurked here for about 1 year now and am finally posting for the first time.

I for one and completely for assault weapon bans. Why would hunters need a 30 Round magazine are they not a god hunter. I live in Ohio and we are only allowed to use shotguns and bows for hunting and we do just fine.

Also why would you need an assault weapon, just in case the government tries to take over? Go ahead take them on with and AK, and then you can take down the tanks, gunships!

Also since Newtown (69 days) just in this country alone (US) we have had 2036 gun deaths not just deaths in general just gun deaths, a death resulting from a gunshot. That is unacceptable, in 2010 we had over 10,000 gun deaths in the US, Japan had only 2. Yes the US has 3 times more population so let us take 2 X 3 = 6/10,000.

It is not about movies or games, Europe, Japan, Russia, South America, and Australia have the same or similar ones. And study after study states that these are not a cause of violence, what they do state is the presence of guns in the home.

So yes I am in favor of this!

2 out of 4 members liked this post.

I just want to add that I love studying the military throughout the world, the weapons, and the history. I play these violent video games and watch these movies and I am not violent I have never hit my wife or would even think of it , nor have I ever thought about taking a life. I just don't believe that normal citizens should have military grade weaponry. Would you be okay with your neighbor having a nuclear weapon ( that is classified as an arm) as are all weapons! And everyone who believes in the second amendment should go back and read it, it states that any state may bear arms in a well regulated militia. This was at the time the US did not have a standing military.

Do any of these gun owners belong to the state militias? Do the states have militias? No they have the National Guard! We don't need militias we have a standing army!

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

It's a fetish for many gun owners.

Anyway the Feds will never try to implement a law that requires searching the home of gunowners to see what kind of firearms they own. It's just not practical or feasible.

I didn't know Ohio hunters were only allowed to use bows or shotguns. Learn something new everyday.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Anyway the Feds will never try to implement a law that requires searching the home of gunowners to see what kind of firearms they own. It's just not practical or feasible.
    I pretty much agree. Just not 100% sure but not too worried either. Trying it would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    It's a fetish for many gun owners.

I didn't know Ohio hunters were only allowed to use bows or shotguns. Learn something new everyday.
    Yeah as far as I know at least in the northwest of the state it is illegal to use a rifle or anything other than a bow, crossbow or a shotgun.

Trans admirer and friend Junior Poster

I was born with the constitutional right to buy and possess the firearms I bought.

I will shoot any law enforcement or government agents or civilians who attempt to remove or take away my firearms, which I acquired legally under the law of the land. Any violation of my constitutional rights is not permitted and will be met with according reaction.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post
    I was born with the constitutional right to buy and possess the firearms I bought.

I will shoot any law enforcement or government agents or civilians who attempt to remove or take away my firearms, which I acquired legally under the law of the land. Any violation of my constitutional rights is not permitted and will be met with according reaction.
    So you must be part of a well regulated militia where you live. Read the second amendment again!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Just going to leave this here.
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post

One less to worry about.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Just to also put this into perspective for other people we have more regulations for toy guns, teddy bears, and other toys than we do for guns. So to make a teddy bear to be sold at a Wal-Mart you would have to have a background check of the manufacturer before any of these bears can be produced. In the same context you can go to any of the hundreds of gun shows in the US and purchase any number of guns and as much ammunition as they want without even showing any form of ID just money in hand.