Professional Poster

Default Marijuana superstore opens in Seattle

Wished I lived in Seattle..

Marijuana superstore opens in Seattle

instead of a state-run liquor store, a building in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood now holds “the Whole Foods of weed,” according to the man who owns the business inside.
    Green Ambrosia opened last Saturday and is the city’s biggest medical marijuana dispensary.

The opening comes as Washington’s Liquor Control Board and lawmakers decide how to regulate recreational marijuana sales in the wake of Initative 502, which legalized the use and possession of small amounts of pot.

“This could be the face of what I-502 enabled pot looks like,” explained Green Ambrosia owner Dante Jones.

Jones’ business has operated since 2011, but only recently opened a storefront. Inside, behind a bamboo wall, is one large glass table loaded with jars of marijuana. There are restrictions on how much medical marijuana a business can have on sale.

While planning for whatever regulations may come from I-502, Jones said Saturday he is not sure how licensing will work.

“We’re preparing for it,” he said, “As a business owner, the only thing I can hope for is that they’re going to continue the same set of standards (included in the initative).”

Public forums are being held across the state on how to license recreational marijuana. No matter what the state decides, it is still possible the federal government could take action against Washington State since, according to federal law, marijuana is still illegal.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Marijuana-su...192896301.html

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

Default Re: Marijuana superstore opens in Seattle

2 words!!

ROAD TRIP!

I'm the most amazing person you'll never know,because society has convinced you I should be ignored or avoided. Want to know something? Ask... Just ask.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I always said there needs to be a BevMo for weed. Good deal, Seattle.

Quite a number of small weed specialty stores are open around King county. There one in a strip mall in my sister's suburb, has a dancing guy out on the sidewalk (fairly busy street) with a sign..

Don't smoke myself, but if you're down wind we're cool.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

I doubt my county will get one, but I am over to Seattle a couple of times a month - I need to check this out.

Although, except for a few tokes at a part, I haven't had weed in nearly 20 years. Back in the 70's was a different story.