Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Curry Nazi Of Los Angeles

Never saw the Seinfeld but I remember the Soup Nazi. We got a Curry Nazi out here. Went to this Indian place on Motor/Venice Bl. Get there and have to park on the street since the tiny lot is packed. Get in there and meet the gruff bastard. No smile, detection of humor, or any kind of good or friendly cheer at all. Place is cued up with a bunch of other curious Westside White folks like myself. He scowls in our general direction. We look at each other wondering if he's being rude not sure who's he's mad at if anybody at all.

Anyway, my turn finally to order. I told him I wanted the 3 item non-vegetarian special and he hollered the price including tax before I could utter another word. He then walks behind the back counter without warning. Couple minutes later he comes back acting like I was holding him up. I got Chicken Tikka Marsala, some other spicy chicken dish with a jalapeno, Tandoori Chicken, and some rice and salad. Got home and learned that asshole is a good cook.

Senior Member Junior Poster Idt20082008"'s Avatar

Default Re: Curry Nazi Of Los Angeles

I've been to that place Dino and the exact same thought the Soup Nazi lol! I'm curious too if it is all an act to get people talking (like we are lol), or if he really is an asshole. Either way, the food is damn good

Quote Originally Posted by Idt20082008" View Post
    I've been to that place Dino and the exact same thought the Soup Nazi lol! I'm curious too if it is all an act to get people talking (like we are lol), or if he really is an asshole. Either way, the food is damn good
    I actually scoped the place out a few weeks prior but was unsuccessful obtaining a take-out menu. Kept asking directing words toward the back of his head as it got further and further away from me seeming not to care.

I gave him all kinds of chances and was extremely polite and patient. He's an asshole alright. Whatever a Hindu Mulligan is I gave him 8 or 9 of them. I'm still going back.

Last edited by Dino Velvet; 02-18-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Rookie Poster

Can we get a name? I want to try that asshole's food ; )

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Bet Indian food in the Western hemisphere is in England. Had Indian food in France, US, Israel, Spain... never as good.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

I'm giving away this idea because there's nothing I can do with it:

You're probably familiar with Chipolte Grill, the enormously popular Latin-style fast food chain.

How about the same idea but with Indian food. Call it Marsala Grill, Tika Grill, whatever.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by glitterman View Post
    Can we get a name? I want to try that asshole's food ; )
    Don't remember the name but it's on the Southwest corner of Motor/Venice. Same corner as Versailles. Green sign on building. Has so many flowers in front you assume they're in mourning.

I think his cousins run the 7-ELEVEN on Overland/Palms.

Senior Member Junior Poster Tina Francis's Avatar

http://www.mayuraindianrestaurant.com/

...not a big fan of Indian food...at any rate, I'm a Brentwood boy; I go south of Pico and its " There Be Dragons In This Land "...

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Bet Indian food in the Western hemisphere is in England. Had Indian food in France, US, Israel, Spain... never as good.
    I've had Indian food only in U.S and U.K. and it was much better in U.K. There were also many more Indian restaurants. It's my favorite type of food so I had it several times in London and didn't have a bad meal. In U.S you can get Chicken Makhani and it is light yellow and runny. You can have Vindaloo with no discernible flavor except hot. It's really hit or miss here until you find a good place.

In NYC the best place I've been to is Dawat. Highly recommended on your next visit if you haven't been.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    I'm giving away this idea because there's nothing I can do with it:

You're probably familiar with Chipolte Grill, the enormously popular Latin-style fast food chain.

How about the same idea but with Indian food. Call it Marsala Grill, Tika Grill, whatever.
    I've seen it attempted. In Grand Central Station for a while they had a place I think called India Spice or something like that. It was a kiosk type place and quite good. I just don't know if the public is ready for it yet. It's like when I was a kid back in the 80's and people were afraid of sushi. There might come a time.