Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Pistorius

Junior Poster

Default Re: Oscar Pastorius

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Wow....just wow...
    Accidents make you a piece of shit and not knowing who's in your house means you can't shoot them....Just at face value you're both morons.
    Bro you must live alone, for life...
    If your first reaction to being woken up in the middle of the night in your darkened bedroom is to go shoot through the bathroom door without saying "Honey is that you?" then you aren't a very responsible gun owner.

Best case, if his story is 100% true, he is still responsible for the death of a 100% innocent person. In the US I think that would be 2nd degree murder.

Junior Poster

Of course he's guilty, there is no doubt at to who owned the gun and who pulled the trigger.
    Only the motivations are at question. Was it a horrible accident or premeditated murder. Or something between the extremes.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

He is definitely guilty, there had been reports of loud arguments from neighbours previous to the murder. Her overnight bag was in the bedroom he was in and it was valentines day. She was in the bathroom and he shot through the door, I don't understand how it could be an accident. He may have regretted it immediately, but all logic and reason point to him being guilty

Senior Member Platinum Poster

But Dannymac8 if you read today's accounts of the bail hearing, the neighbours the police claimed heard screaming and shouting were actually too far away to hear what goes on inside the house -it's a gated community of plush houses, not a tenement block. And given the scale of violent crime in SA, who is to say Oscar didn't genuinely think he was being burgled? The only weakness in his account as I understand it, is that if Reeve was in his bed, didn't he realise when he heard a sound in the bathroom that she wasn't in the bed? Until the full account is given in the trial, we won't know, but the neighbours story sounds weak to me.

Alright I haven't read anything on it today. I've just read that the lead detective on the case is now facing 7 charges of attempted murder, and so the case has been designated to a Lieutenant . This case is crazy. It is all speculation at this point, as everybody has already said, but I don't believe he is innocent. The fact that he also called his family and told them to come over, before he phoned an ambulance or the police, to me, is suspicious. I'm not saying I know what has happened, but I think it would be a miracle if it turned out he was innocent

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannymac8 View Post
    Alright I haven't read anything on it today. I've just read that the lead detective on the case is now facing 7 charges of attempted murder, and so the case has been designated to a Lieutenant . This case is crazy. It is all speculation at this point, as everybody has already said, but I don't believe he is innocent. The fact that he also called his family and told them to come over, before he phoned an ambulance or the police, to me, is suspicious. I'm not saying I know what has happened, but I think it would be a miracle if it turned out he was innocent
    I don't mean to speak out of turn here but I think it behooves most of the people on this board to not rush to judgement based on what you know of the justice system in your own home country. I had the good fortune to live and work in Pretoria, South Africa for 6 months and worked side by side with members of the National Police service. The issues that police and citizens of every race face every day in South Africa are really beyond anything I've seen in the USA. It's a whole different ballgame.

I'd be curious to know if we have any South Africans in this forum that would posit an opinion.

Out of curiosity...how many people think he should do some jail time even if it wasn't intentional?...forget about how SA law reads right now...I mean from a personal point of view.
    Regardless of how heavy the crime rate is, don't you think a person has a personal responsibility to at least make sure that the person he is staying with isn't perhaps in the room he's pumping four bullets into?...I mean really....really? Wouldn't your first instinct be to make sure that the woman in your bed is at least safe?
    What does he tell her family..oops?
    A tragic accident would be if the roof fell on her, or she died in a sudden fire,or if she got killed in a crossfire.
    Even if the story went the way he said so far...it's still gross stupidity on his part.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Out of curiosity...how many people think he should do some jail time even if it wasn't intentional?...forget about how SA law reads right now...I mean from a personal point of view.
    Regardless of how heavy the crime rate is, don't you think a person has a personal responsibility to at least make sure that the person he is staying with isn't perhaps in the room he's pumping four bullets into?...I mean really....really? Wouldn't your first instinct be to make sure that the woman in your bed is at least safe?
    A tragic accident would be if the roof fell on her, or she died in a sudden fire,or if she got killed in a crossfire.
    Even if the story went the way he said so far...it's still gross stupidity on his part.
    your right jail he needs to do anyway...money cant bring her back ,if we stay to think 2 lives are fnished one dead and another one arrested just because he was an smart arse...sorry but i cant think anything good about this guy ..i have never heard of him ...but using a gun like that without makeng sure that maybe its his gf and not a robber...like we know was earlie in the morning imposible to be blind and not see that actualy was his fiance and not a bloody robber.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Fred, if you make the assumption that he's innocent but stupid, isn't the pain of living out his life knowing he killed his lover, punishment enough? Why throw a jail term on top of that?

What have I said that insinuates i'm being disrespectful?