Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Pistorius

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

Default Re: Oscar Pastorius

Quote Originally Posted by Acron View Post

And what you said about running someone over is completley different.
    An accident is an accident. The nature of the accident doesn't make it irrelevant.

And for the last time I'm not talking about what he did I am talking about the statements made, such as saying even if it was an accident he's still a piece of shit,and that you need to find out who the intruder is if you're going to shoot them.

Sorry but if you step into my house and I don't know you or invite you, you get fucked up...Sorry about your luck. If my dogs don't tear you apart,then the guns in my house will.

I'm the most amazing person you'll never know,because society has convinced you I should be ignored or avoided. Want to know something? Ask... Just ask.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

As with the other murders that we have discussed on HA, the pre-trial allegations come thick and fast-vide:
    -Oscar thought he was being burgled and shot on instinct
    -His gf wanted to surprise him and crept into the house but it all went badly wrong
    -Oscar has a history of beating her
    -There were steroids in the house
    -She was found in her nightgown so she was already in the house
    -the blood-stained cricket bat was used to whack her, so she ran into the bathroom
    -the blood-stained cricket bat was her defence against him
    -he shot her in a rage then carried her downstairs in an attempt to revive her
    -she ran into the bathroom to escape him after he shot her, then he shot her through the door
    -he killed her in the bedroom, then dragged her into the bathroom and shot through the door to make it look like it was an instinctive response to a burglary...

and so on, and so on.

We cannot judge the events about which we have no disputed facts -motive, location, Modus Operandi, etc. It is a tragic case whichever way you look at it; his career is in ruins, her life is over, South Africa's reputation as a violent country remains intact.

Senior Member Junior Poster

He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

Did he think he could do this and run away???

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    An accident is an accident. The nature of the accident doesn't make it irrelevant.

And for the last time I'm not talking about what he did I am talking about the statements made, such as saying even if it was an accident he's still a piece of shit,and that you need to find out who the intruder is if you're going to shoot them.

Sorry but if you step into my house and I don't know you or invite you, you get fucked up...Sorry about your luck. If my dogs don't tear you apart,then the guns in my house will.
    Really?

So, as a rule you would shoot first, and ask questions later?

You don't feel the need to at least give the person a chance to surrender to you, and wait for the police to arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    As with the other murders that we have discussed on HA, the pre-trial allegations come thick and fast-vide:
    -Oscar thought he was being burgled and shot on instinct
    -His gf wanted to surprise him and crept into the house but it all went badly wrong
    -Oscar has a history of beating her
    -There were steroids in the house
    -She was found in her nightgown so she was already in the house
    -the blood-stained cricket bat was used to whack her, so she ran into the bathroom
    -the blood-stained cricket bat was her defence against him
    -he shot her in a rage then carried her downstairs in an attempt to revive her
    -she ran into the bathroom to escape him after he shot her, then he shot her through the door
    -he killed her in the bedroom, then dragged her into the bathroom and shot through the door to make it look like it was an instinctive response to a burglary...

and so on, and so on.

We cannot judge the events about which we have no disputed facts -motive, location, Modus Operandi, etc. It is a tragic case whichever way you look at it; his career is in ruins, her life is over, South Africa's reputation as a violent country remains intact.
    Thanks Stavros. But going on past experience, the conspiracy theorists and scandal speculators on HA will carry on regardless.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Hmm, and here I thought we were trying to get guns out of the hands of mentally unstable people ....

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

Not me. Sleeping peacefully.I don't even need one.My roommate has several. But if the dogs are going after you it's 99% guaranteed you're NOT welcome.
    Personally, I have yet to encounter the need for one,so I've never owned one.
    I've gone to shooting ranges with friends plenty of times in the past,and....eh..
    Not a thing I'm into.Just no interest,either way..I figure if one of the three if not,two of them bit you...and my roommate,or his girlfriend...shoot you?
    I'm not 100% sure it was justified...more like 200 or maybe 300 is more accurate? They're dumb by my standards for peers in certain areas,sure....but they are nowhere near stupid people,as far as I'm concerned. So,yup,sleeping peaceful...unless insomnia. damn..lol.

I'm the most amazing person you'll never know,because society has convinced you I should be ignored or avoided. Want to know something? Ask... Just ask.

Bath Salts?

-=Steve-Oh=-
    You can't buy happiness but you can POUR it! - Dean Martin

Senior Member Junior Poster

So is he guilty?