Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster C. Saw's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars Solo Films

Hopefully they're not ALL up her butt - my be uncomfortable with a Tie-Fighter up your ass. I am excited to see what can be done with continuing the movies. The mouse messing up the series? It can't be worse than what Jar-Jar did. I don't see how one can condemn the new stuff without seeing them, or some previews or something. Who knows what they will be like. By the way, the best , and only good movies are in order: Empire, New Hope, and Jedi.

...and May the force be up your butt. Great line, Buddy.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Jango Fett uncloned

Quote Originally Posted by wendy summers View Post
    these are not the 'roids you are looking for.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    -=Steve-Oh=-
    You can't buy happiness but you can POUR it! - Dean Martin

Quote Originally Posted by C. Saw View Post
    By the way, the best , and only good movies are in order: Empire, New Hope, and Jedi.

Sith > Jedi.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Im not exicited about JJ doing Star Wars. I wasnt exicited about the Disney taking over Star Wars, but JJ I dont know. I didnt like Mission Impossible, Armageddon, and Cloverfield. But maybe Im just lowering the bar so I wont be pissed when Star Trek II new and improved, and Star Wars VII come out.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Summers View Post
    What did you think of last summer's Avengers?
    i thought it was an incredible cluster fuck

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Freudian Slip Platinum Poster Wendy Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-Oh View Post
    these are not the 'roids you are looking for.
    lolz - I approve!

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    i thought it was an incredible cluster fuck
    You sir... are dead to me.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Summers View Post
    lolz - I approve!

You sir... are dead to me.

1. it was iron man 3. the other characters were just supportive.
    2. it dragged in the middle...the entire airship was totally unnecessary
    3. too many convenient plot devices (hulk arrives on a motorcycle at the right time for example)
    4. renner/scarlet scenes bored the shit out of me

i could go on with a long assed list of every flaw in the movie but its not worth it since that movie (and avatar) proved that people like shiny CGI and things blowing up. The Avengers simply was one of the most disappointing superhero movies I have ever seen.

Worst Superhero Movies I have ever seen...
    5. Superman 3. Superman 4 was a bad movie, but in all honesty, it was an attempt, albeit a failed one, to revive a franchise that could not be any lower than Superman 3. Too many attempts at humor, too many departures from the flow of the first 2 films and richard pryor. nuff said.

4. Iron Man 3 (aka the avengers). Poorly driven story with terrible performances, reliance on unnecessary characters and plot devices, and a full failure to realize each superhero for their strengths because ultimately, the movie was Iron Man 3

3. Nipple batman. Need I say anymore than nipple, arnold, rubber lips and the batcard?

2. SP3 ... What a let down from #2. This movie suffers from the trilogy effect...that #1 is an origin story, #2 expands and #3 tries to expand more while failing to have real closure to an arc.

1. TDKR ... What a let down from #2. Too many plot holes and too many inconsistencies. As a movie, it didn't entertain but as a finale to a great series, it failed so miserably to live up to my expectations.

Now, I wrote all of that simply because I want to illustrate how much i hate TPM and Jedi. I hate Jedi and TPM so much more than I do the avengers and TDKR. Both of these SW movies were terribly disappointing from story through production and rank among the movies i will never watch again. At least for the Avengers, it is something I may sit and watch again.

Most fans agree that TPM was a failure because the scope was too large, the story interval was too small leaving too much to occur in AOTC and Sith, and only ewan and liam were any good in their roles (i'm not even going to talk about jar jar) but Jedi...well jedi, IMHO is often heralded for being part of the OT and not because it is a superior movie.

1. the empire (sith) managed to undermine all jedis everywhere (yes, we only really learn about the magnitude in the prequels, but just go with it because in ANH and ESB, the empire is ever present and dominant). they build the fucking death star (twice) and little furry bastards with sticks beat them. The ewoks are the single worst edition to the SW movies ... even shittier than Jar Jar.

2. Jedi clones too many scenes from his predecessors. The opening star destroyer, the 2nd death star that is even easier to infiltrate than the first, another energy beam, another invading hoard...its sad. Also...while we are on the topic of the death star...why not blow the fucking planet up then the moon rather than fly around it. the empire blows shit up all the time. this is a plot device that someone should have slapped lucas in his jowls for using.

2. Jedi is inconsistent...all of the feeling and momentum from ESB is lost because Lucas wanted a happy ending. It doesn't know if it wants to be a tale of furry empowerment where a native uprising foils technology, or a character study of a father and son, or an action movie. in all three respects, it fails because it never commits. like i said above...filmmakers usually botch the 3rd installment of a trilogy because they are so desperate for a happy ending that ties everything up.
    2a. also, while we are on the topic of inconsistency...did the carbonite make Solo a fag? it must have.
    2b. Jedi turned a story of a father and son into a story into a brother and sister that, don't forget, kissed in ANH.

3. Jedi is a kids movie. Whether the ewoks, the muppets, the intentional and unintentional humor or the fact that the movie is fake and plastic looking as opposed to the grungier look of ANH and ESB, it is made for 3 year olds to be indoctrinated into SW rather than entertain the core audience that made Lucas a rich man. The shitty banter and constant exposition demonstrate that Lucas was targeting the unindoctrinated.

again, i could go on and on but i won't.

i will close this long post by saying....
    to me, Lucas made only 2 good SW movies and severely botched the rest. Because of that, I am quite happy that Epi 7-future will not be in his hands. I believe that there is little he could do to correct his mistakes AND i believe that though the EU has done a fine job expanding, he would screw using that material up as well. I had little faith in being entertained by any more of his vision of the SW universe. I do believe that Disney will make a better MOVIE than lucas because they will bring fresh eyes to the table...but that doesn't mean that I will like it because I fear they will aim too low (for kids) and I fear that they may adhere too strictly to the Lucas vision rather than look towards the EU. I can only hope that I am wrong and JJ reimagines SW the way he did with Trek.

Last edited by RallyCola; 02-07-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Freudian Slip Platinum Poster Wendy Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    I do believe that Disney will make a better MOVIE than lucas because they will bring fresh eyes to the table...but that doesn't mean that I will like it because I fear they will aim too low (for kids) and I fear that they may adhere too strictly to the Lucas vision rather than look towards the EU. I can only hope that I am wrong and JJ reimagines SW the way he did with Trek.
    The problem with Lucas Star Wars after TESB was he stopped involving the broad range of folks who collaborated with him in making ANH & TESB. The reigned him in and focused what he couldn't in the script. It's why I'm hopeful for these new movies - Kathleen Kennedy has a great track record of bringing talented folks together to collaborate.

Senior Member Junior Poster C. Saw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Sith > Jedi.
    I realize that Jedi isn't a perfect movie, but it's still got the best cast. I think it is entertaining while Sith has one of the worst movie lines ever delivered. "Oh, Anakin, you're breaking my heart". Need I say more. Hayden Christiansen is a terrible actor and George Lucas doesn't know how to direct - since A New Hope, anyway.

Oh, I also agree somewhat with RallyColla's review of Avengers. I thought the movie was good overall, but was way overhyped by a lot of people. Most of it is a mindless action movie - which are not my favorite type of movies. The end was like, "we don't know how to end this thing, so we'll have our guys destroys some meaningless aliens with some gratuitous violence. Was it anything more than that?