Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Dungeon Master Veteran Poster StinkyPete1000's Avatar

Default Christianity cured his homosexual tendencies...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2622614.html

Come on buddy. Just be yourself...

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Silver Poster

Default Re: Christianity cured his homosexual tendencies...

that guy reminds me of this guy:

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Christianity probably caused his homosexual tendencies.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Haha!

On a serious note, this type of stuff is precisely why I don't believe in God and think religion stinks. This guy went from living one lie (hiding the fact he was gay initially) to another (pretending he had somehow magically become straight) all in the name of a mystical beard spirit who lives in the sky and grants miracles when he so chooses (however he always seems to have a hand in sporting events).

This guy is gay. He's always going to be attracted to men whether or not he deletes his Grindr profile.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lovecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyPete1000 View Post
    Haha!

On a serious note, this type of stuff is precisely why I don't believe in God and think religion stinks. This guy went from living one lie (hiding the fact he was gay initially) to another (pretending he had somehow magically become straight) all in the name of a mystical beard spirit who lives in the sky and grants miracles when he so chooses (however he always seems to have a hand in sporting events).

This guy is gay. He's always going to be attracted to men whether or not he deletes his Grindr profile.
    I agree with you. I also think he has found his "temptation-sin-remorse-forgiveness-redemption" cycle which he will probably carry proudly as his cross.

Senior Member Junior Poster Chase_Mcthirsty's Avatar

LOL at these comments..

Oh there's a GOD just don't confuse him with religion.

Religion are just the idiots who claim they know him.

PRO's: It keeps the weak in line and makes those who would otherwise be a walking psycho, whore or suicidal wreck into more managable people.

CON's: It keeps the weak in line by praising said diety while closing their minds to everything else despite the various contradictions envovled.

Thus making church nothing more than a conventional gathering and a tool for manipulation.

If there is a GOD I'm quite certain he, she or "it" has other plans...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Mcthirsty View Post
    LOL at these comments..

Oh there's a GOD just don't confuse him with religion.

Religion are just the idiots who claim they know him.

PRO's: It keeps the weak in line and makes those who would otherwise be a walking psycho, whore or suicidal wreck into more managable people.

CON's: It keeps the weak in line by praising said diety while closing their minds to everything else despite the various contradictions envovled.

Thus making church nothing more than a conventional gathering and a tool for manipulation.

If there is a GOD I'm quite certain he, she or "it" has other plans...
    lol. so weak minded. any belief in a higher unexplained deity with a plan demonstrates an inferior intellect. that is all.

i am sure i'll get flamed for this comment but i don't care.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

I don't think that people who believe in God are necessarily less intelligent (there are many people who I think are extremely smart but we disagree on the existence of God).

I'm not sure that there are any "pros" to believing in God. It doesn't necessarily keep the "walking psychos" in check. Believers commit crimes all the time (there are prison chaplains for goodness sake). The idea that belief in God somehow prevents violence/sin has been proven false time and time again. Indeed, the idea that we get our morals from God/religion is equally false. For those of you familiar with the Bible, that book is replete with actions (i.e. eye for an eye, keeping women silent in church, sleeping with your father) that we would consider morally reprehensible today but they go unpunished (and in some cases are encouraged) in the Bible. Also, I love it when people point out that a lot of that ridiculousness is in the Old Testament, as if that makes a difference. Making that distinction only prompts questions about God's infallibility since it implies that he got it wrong the first time or simply changed his mind when he wrote the New Testament. Neither would be an option for a being that supposedly knows everything.

But I digress. The true problem with belief in God/all religions is that they are (1) wholly illogical and (2) are an impediment to true social and intellectual development (i.e. why try to cure the world's most heinous diseases when you think they are divine punishment, why try to prevent global warming when you believe that we must use all of the resources God provided no matter the costs). It's simply a man-made comfort-zone passed down to each generation. No need to face the hard questions in life when you can take the easy way out and say it's all part of "God's plan."

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

There are pros to believing in God. These have been well-documented in science.

Belief is not = to proof.

You can't prove or disprove God. You either believe or you don't.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyPete1000 View Post
    I don't think that people who believe in God are necessarily less intelligent (there are many people who I think are extremely smart but we disagree on the existence of God).
    i like and heartily endorse this comment and/or product