Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member Junior Poster MHarrigan82's Avatar

Default Re: I have seperated from my family

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Mcthirsty View Post
    Yeah, I know what you're going through. Which is why I never could stand that religion...

Not "God" mind you... Just the people who think they know him.
    I am with you Chase, I love GOD but hate religion too many fake hypocritical people.

Senior Member Junior Poster MHarrigan82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fivekatz View Post
    That really sux. If you dad has never visual met your girl, while it is devious, perhaps you should introduce her as your "new" GG girl friend and let them see all the wonderful qualities you do without the prejudice of their knowing she is transexual.

Often once people know other people they realize that preconceived notions are not relevant. Prejudice always works better in the abstract than it does when you confronted that much of what we think is different isn't so different and that goodness is goodness?

At any rate this may be far fetched and easy for me to say from a keyboard. My heart goes out to you. It was years before my paternal grandfather would accept my first wife because she was a gentile. So over time hopefully your folks one way or the other will accept you and who you love.
    That is a good idea. They have never meet her in person but do know her name. My girl voiceis not very passable though.

Sorry that happened to you. If they love you, one or both of them might eventually come around. I think you did the right thing...even if you break up in the near future...even if you weren't dating a transsexual. Some people let their parents walk all over them. You let them know you disagree with their prejudiced opinions...and that you think they are wrong,and that's the right thing to do.
    I hope it all works out for you...and I hope your parents also see the light.
    Life is just too short to let irrational bullshit over rule love for ones child.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TSMichelleAustin View Post
    Im sorry to hear! I am from Texas and have a very conservative family who are big in god and church! But my family went to the pastor at the church I grew up in and he said I was born this way and god loves me! It was the best thing to ever happen for me and my family! I hope things get better!
    that's great. being born a certain way is never anyone's fault, nature doesn't ask you how you want to be born. certain amount of ppl are straight gay, some have kids, some dont, but its nature who decides blaming or criticizing is bigotry.