Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster MHarrigan82's Avatar

Default I have seperated from my family

My parents are big southern christian church going black people. My Dad is very homophobic and always talk about gay people negative. He want even watch a show with gay people. I have been dating a transgender woman for 7 months now. I told him Jesus would love all people straight, gay, big, or transgender. He was like it ain't natural and GOD created man and woman to procreate. I said in the old testament it was an abomination to eat shellfish. I told him my girlfriend was transgender and that I love her. He thought that I was playing, I told him that I was not and he hung up. My mom says that she is going to pray for me and cast out that demon. I believe in Jesus but my folks are like 60 years old and crazy. My parents live in another state and I have not seen them in over a year.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: I have seperated from my family

Sorry to hear that. I got a lot of family in Amarillo and Lubbock.

Rockin' shemale scientist Rookie Poster

Wow! I'm so sorry! I myself am a transwoman, and my parents are conservative Christian as well, and they would never do such a thing. They may look askance at me, but they'd never deliberately alienate me. That is not Christian behavior.

I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, more of a woman than you can ever handle, and my click will break your damn jaw.

The only thing you need in life are friends...those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind

Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

I am sorry also, but you probably did the right thing. I would possibly in a while send them pictures of you and your girlfriend without again mentioning she is TS. Even in the most rigid Churches, most pastors have dealt with similar issues, so they may come around.

No need to make a fight of it though. Good luck

The Voluptuous Diva 5 Star Poster TSMichelleAustin's Avatar

Im sorry to hear! I am from Texas and have a very conservative family who are big in god and church! But my family went to the pastor at the church I grew up in and he said I was born this way and god loves me! It was the best thing to ever happen for me and my family! I hope things get better!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

"My parents live in another state..."
    I'll say they do!
    good luck.

Senior Member Junior Poster MHarrigan82's Avatar

Thank you for all your comments. I hope that I made the right decision. My family are from Alabama one of the most backwoods racist states in the nation. If we break up a few months or a year or two down the road I alienated my family but I love this person very much kind of a catch 22.

Do you have other family members? Any who are kind to transgender women? Sorry to hear you were disrespected like this. Your girlfriend sounds special, so at least you are not alone.

Religion, ruining lives for 2000 years....

Very tough spot to be in and there isnt much that can be done to help it, peoples minds really cant be changed, especially with the background your family has. You just have to do whats right for you and your life and find support where you can. Good luck to you

Senior Member Veteran Poster

That really sux. If you dad has never visual met your girl, while it is devious, perhaps you should introduce her as your "new" GG girl friend and let them see all the wonderful qualities you do without the prejudice of their knowing she is transexual.

Often once people know other people they realize that preconceived notions are not relevant. Prejudice always works better in the abstract than it does when you confronted that much of what we think is different isn't so different and that goodness is goodness?

At any rate this may be far fetched and easy for me to say from a keyboard. My heart goes out to you. It was years before my paternal grandfather would accept my first wife because she was a gentile. So over time hopefully your folks one way or the other will accept you and who you love.

Last edited by fivekatz; 01-24-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: typo