Falling off the bar stool Junior Poster latrix67's Avatar

Default Sex Swap Sailor's tatoo costs £2.500 to taxpayer.

Tattoo removal can cost thousands of pounds
    A former sailor who had a sex-change will get her tattoos removed on the NHS because she feels "unladylike".
    Tanya Bainbridge, 57, who was born Brian, wants the laser treatment so she can wear sleeveless dresses and tops.

Miss Bainbridge lives with her boyfriend, Mark, in Middleton, Greater Manchester. They are both unemployed.

A spokesman for Heywood and Middleton Primary Care Trust, which will fund the treatment, said: "We cannot comment at the moment due to data protection."

The procedure is believed to cost £2,500.

Partner of sex change sailor

Miss Bainbridge, who had nine children - from whom she is estranged - by three different women, had a £20,000 sex-change operation on the NHS in 2001 at Charing Cross Hospital in London.

Now a faded blue, the tattoos, which were done when she served in the Merchant Navy from 1964 to 76 - show a ship and a swallow which includes the names of some of her children

Her partner Mark, 48, said: "Some women have tattoos on discreet parts of their body - they don't all have pictures of sailing ships and a swallow on their forearms.

"People are probably against it but it has been really upsetting her just lately. It will make her more comfortable."

Cosmetic surgery is not normally free on the NHS, but doctors have agreed to go ahead because the tattoos are making Miss Bainbridge depressed.

I'm all for those who want gender re-assignment but,reading between the lines,but,Britains health service is a mess,wards are closing,patients sleeping in corridors (one man died & lay in his bed for 4 DAYS in a coridor before someone noticed he was dead!)
    To me,this money could be better spent.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

It's stuff like this that alienates the general public from wanting to be more sympathetic.
    Then again, this dumb fuck had 9 fucking sprogs before figuring it out. I bet we're paying for all of those also.
    seanchai

Falling off the bar stool Junior Poster latrix67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    It's stuff like this that alienates the general public from wanting to be more sympathetic.
    Then again, this dumb fuck had 9 fucking sprogs before figuring it out. I bet we're paying for all of those also.
    seanchai
    They're probably raking in over £1500 a month is different benefits,from rent,child benefit,job seekers allowance & others.
    My neighbour's daughter is 25,NEVER had a job & got 2 sprogs to different dads,She's getting around £250 a week including rent payments to her landlord.
    It's a well fucked world here in the U.K!