33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 78.79%
  • No

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Were You Baptized?

I wasn't. My father was Russian Orthodox Christian and my mother came from small-town Texas where Protestant churches played Tug O' War over potential congregants to fill up the collection plates. She was the one troubled with religion who didn't allow my father to have me Baptized. I was Circumcised but still no water drizzled over my head.

I've called myself Catholic because of my schooling. Christian too for sake of identification. In reality I'm probably some sort of Agnostic. If God exists He has a lot of explaining to do. Giving me life don't get Him a pass.

Silver Poster

Default Re: Were You Baptized?

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    If God exists He has a lot of explaining to do.
    what needs to be explained?

the other day when i was droppin' knowledge to my crew via an off the dome freestyle, i actually touched upon this very topic and dropped quite a few quotables along the way.

you'll forgive me if i don't recall the actual lines, but they were pretty dope

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster Idt20082008"'s Avatar

I was, baptized Catholic. Being 50% Italian, I think that is almost a pre-requisite lol. Probably not the best Catholic as I don't go to church enough, swear a little too much (cutting that is a New Year Res), take the Lords name in vain etc. Certainly imperfect, but I try to be as good a person as possible

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

I was baptized, but never confirmed. I rejected the church at 14. the religion at 15, got into Wicca for a few years, realized that it was Paganism 101, got into Native American spirituality and Asatruism, realized that all religion does is personify abstract concepts in forms that digestible by all different types of people, and became agnostic.

My path to truth runs though wherever my life takes me. No 'holy books.' No dogma. No idioculture. Just me, my perceptions, and my thoughts. No god made the world. We do.

~BB~

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

I was as a kid but I'm a non believer these days. I'm not sure I ever believed even as a kid. The whole thing seems pretty ridiculous to me

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    I was baptized, but never confirmed. I rejected the church at 14. the religion at 15, got into Wicca for a few years, realized that it was Paganism 101, got into Native American spirituality and Asatruism, realized that all religion does is personify abstract concepts in forms that digestible by all different types of people, and became agnostic.

My path to truth runs though wherever my life takes me. No 'holy books.' No dogma. No idioculture. Just me, my perceptions, and my thoughts. No god made the world. We do.

~BB~
    Now Confirmation would be a good one to ask. Nice post, Bella. You're a good and smart gal that has no problem finding your own way.

This thread tells more about your parents since they decided whether to Baptize.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

I was when a baby, did get confirmed around the 6th grade, shortly after my dad got in a pissing match with some at the church and we stopped going. He was a science background and saw the bible as the writing of lore brought forward for eons. He (and I) believed in the base ethos of the proper way to live and treat those around you.

I am agnostic, not atheist, as I have seen god and his kin, mother nature. We were mountaineering in the winter in Colorado, a bad storm came up and we thought we had bought it. I feel that we made it out by the grace of god.

I was baptized. I was raised Catholic, and I went to church every Sunday with the family and catechism class once a week. I never really bought into it though. It all seemed pretty silly to me and I loathed going to church. I made my confirmation, but by that time I had already abandoned Catholicism in my mind, and was just doing it for family. Since then I haven't set foot in a church except for weddings or funerals. I would consider myself some sort of atheist/agnostic.

Rookie Poster

yep i was