Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: quick way to loose weight and keep it off.

That's fine, but since I haven't seen any evidence of redeeming qualities in detoxification regimens either, I still think this is lousy advice.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Thumbs up Re: quick way to loose weight and keep it off.

Quote Originally Posted by 559alphadog View Post
    So im in the process of cutting weight and im goin through a clensing diet that ive used in the past when competing in wrestling to cut weight. I thought id share this with everyone, basicly this clenser is a 10 day cycle and is ment to flush out ur system an eliminate excess weight thats built up in ur body. u start every morning with a litter of warm water mixed with unrefined salt crystals, following that u drink a cup of hot herbal tea called smooth move. During the day all u consume is a gallon of purified mineral water, mix in 12 tspoons of lemon juice, 8 tspoons of organic maple syrup, and 1 tspoon of ground cyane pepper. at the end of the day u take in one more cup of smoth move herbal tea. ive lost up to 25 lbs in 10 days while cutting weight through this system, if u keep a clean diet once the clenser is over the weight shoud stay off, this is very brutal but it works well, it just requires diciplin. but i just thought id share this, thank u for reading.
    GOOD SHIT!!!! i do mines a little different but this is GOOD SHIT!!!!

Member Rookie Poster

So im in the process of cutting weight and im goin through a clensing diet that ive used in the past when competing in wrestling to cut weight. I thought id share this with everyone, basicly this clenser is a 10 day cycle and is ment to flush out ur system an eliminate excess weight thats built up in ur body. u start every morning with a litter of warm water mixed with unrefined salt crystals, following that u drink a cup of hot herbal tea called smooth move. During the day all u consume is a gallon of purified mineral water, mix in 12 tspoons of lemon juice, 8 tspoons of organic maple syrup, and 1 tspoon of ground cyane pepper. at the end of the day u take in one more cup of smoth move herbal tea. ive lost up to 25 lbs in 10 days while cutting weight through this system, if u keep a clean diet once the clenser is over the weight shoud stay off, this is very brutal but it works well, it just requires diciplin. but i just thought id share this, thank u for reading.
    Losing weight and keeping it off is simple. Create a calorie deficit and stay persistant. Only way to keep off weight is to not eat over your maintenence calories. It's really simple...

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by HarajukuDollxoxo View Post
    Losing weight and keeping it off is simple. Create a calorie deficit and stay persistant. Only way to keep off weight is to not eat over your maintenence calories. It's really simple...
    Spot on Harajuku ! I have porridge for brekky ( oats , not man goo before anyone chips in! ) instead on McMuffin or other high fat rubbish .... keep it simple , control portion size (ooh matron!) . I use to eat like a Grizzly Bear , but was starting to resemble one. 2 yrs done 35 lbs , do it slowly , it will (hopefully) stay off. Quick weight loss tends to reverse if you are not careful .

Veteran Poster

ive lost up to 25 lbs in 10 days while cutting weight through this system
    Are you missing a decimal point? As in, 2.5 lbs. in 10 days? I don't think it's possible for a human body to shed 25 lbs. in 10 days. I had dysentery once, and I lost 11 lbs. in 7 days, but that was only because my body was absorbing essentially zero calories for a week. And I almost died.

If you consume 1,000 fewer calories than maintenance per day, with normal physical activity you should lose about 2 lbs. a week. Anything more than that is really bad for you.

And if your liver is functioning properly, you shouldn't need to "cleanse" or "detoxify." The human body does that all by itself.

Theshyguy Junior Poster

This method is a detox as aa few of you mentionned !
    i've started Nutrition program very simple to make and follow, that's not a diet, you can have healthy meal per day. Check HERBALIFE.COM.
    i'm pretty sure a few of you have heard about it !

hi my name is Sydney, friendly guy who love to meet some sweet transsexuals here.

Senior Member Junior Poster Rabbiteyes's Avatar

Anorexia without the shame of an eating disorder? :P

"Detox" and "cleanse" are just new age buzz words to make people feel better about starvation.

Your body naturally has stuff in it...since you are always putting stuff in it, and always stuff is coming out. If you stop putting stuff in it, yea, I guess it would "cleanse" you? But...uhh... that is just starvation ~_~ It is really ok to have stuff in your system, it is how the body works ~_~

At least this isn't the "Master reverse cleanse diet" where you eat but then throw up 10 minutes later to only absorb the "good nutrients" without the "toxins" ((Yea, I just made that up...sounds good, but it is bulimia :P Though, you can't argue with results! woot))

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster

Master Cleanse. That's where the lemon/ maple syrup/ cayenne thing comes from. And Seanchai is right- detox.

Nothing beats exercise and proper nutrition for keeping fit and staying healthy.

this also is a sure fire way to lose muscle along with fat. Keeping calories below maintenance and exercising is good enough, no need to go this extreme

New Orleans, no place like home.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Faddish, unhealthy, starvation diet bullshit that shouldnt be recommended to anyone