Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Petition to have Piers Morgan deported

Quote Originally Posted by altarica View Post
    I mean any guns at all.
    I respect your view. The only thing you might want to think about though is that not everyone lives in a place like Bournemouth...( seriously...it seems like a great place to live when I looked it up).

I posted my personal view (and personal views are subject to change)in this thread - http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...=73106&page=10

Quote Originally Posted by runround04 View Post
    They can both, unless the breed, then the world is fucked.
    Ha ha ha! I doubt it'll happen.

Banned! Piers Morgan forbids Madonna from both his US and UK shows as he welcomes her to Twitter:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-UK-shows.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Didn't we give them Madonna? She's way more obnoxious as far as I'm concerned.
    Dino, nobody seems to like Madonna...

1) Angelina Jolie still hates Madonna, and their bitch-fight will go down at the Globes

2) LadyGagaMocksMadonnaOnStage,FeudExplodes

Madonna and Elton John: Inside their decade-long feud:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...ade-long-feud/

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I've jabbed you enough about her. You still call her Madge? Keep dishin' the dirt, copy 'n' paste Jeanne Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by magus13 View Post
    No high capacity clips, no semi -automatics and background checks at gun shows.
    Firstly, what is your definition of a high capacity magazine (not a clip, clips are something else), I ask because liberals can't agree on how many rounds are "too much". Some say 30 rounds is high capacity, others say 10 rounds. Secondly are you saying that we should only be allowed to have single shot firearms? Last, but not least, they already do background checks at gun shows. (I take it from your post, that you've never been to one, much less bought a firearm from a gun show.)

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

In your world view Loren Liberals appear to terrify you for, perhaps, you see that your views are craven and the majority loath guns. Little man behind your big shooter, you and your ilk are sheerly pathetic

Last edited by Prospero; 12-27-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    I respect your view. The only thing you might want to think about though is that not everyone lives in a place like Bournemouth...( seriously...it seems like a great place to live when I looked it up).

I posted my personal view (and personal views are subject to change)in this thread - http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...=73106&page=10
    Hmm...Bournemouth....take my advice, Fred -try Alaska instead, you might not be so disappointed.

Piers Morgan is convinced he is important, whatever his opinions on guns, Europe, or Madonna. But the truth is he isn't important, he is just a poseur who left this country because his stewardship of a national newspaper was discredited and he still has questions to answer on phone hacking, and anyway he can earn lots of money in the US (but which bank account is his salary paid into, I wonder?)

Probably best to send him to Canada, then he will disappear from the news, like everyone else who goes there. If the argument on gun control is properly debated you won't need Morgan's views to resolve it.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    In your world view Loren Liberals appear to terrify you for, perhaps, you see that your views are craven and the majority loath guns. Little man behind your big shooter, you and your ilk are sheerly pathetic
    Wow, what a way to address my questions. (FYI liberals do not frighten me one bit.) The old 'I have no answers that can be used to further my lies, so I'm going to attack you on an individual level. I think one of your fellow brits said it, I expected better from you.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    Firstly, what is your definition of a high capacity magazine (not a clip, clips are something else), I ask because liberals can't agree on how many rounds are "too much". Some say 30 rounds is high capacity, others say 10 rounds. Secondly are you saying that we should only be allowed to have single shot firearms? Last, but not least, they already do background checks at gun shows. (I take it from your post, that you've never been to one, much less bought a firearm from a gun show.)
    Perhaps you're not afraid of liberals, but it seems that you are not acquainted with any, since all you've offered here is a caricature.

For instance, I would describe myself as politically liberal, meaning that I prefer a broad and liberal application of civil liberties, civic institutions that are highly responsive to the citizenry, and an expansive and well-funded social welfare regime. I don't see what any of those classically liberal positions have to do with rational public safety regulations. Indeed, it appears that my position on gun control is quite similar to that of Piers Morgan, who is plainly not a “liberal” in any sense of the word.

So you seem to be using the word "liberal" as just an epithet to hurl at people you imagine you disagree with. Thus, I think you likely have no idea whatsoever whether "liberals" agree or disagree on what constitutes a high-capacity magazine.

For me, I can't imagine any civilian application of a 30-round magazine. I would say that 10 rounds is a reasonable capacity for a detachable handgun magazine, but civilian rifles should not have detachable magazines, period. A clip-fed fixed magazine of no more than 8 rounds is entirely adequate for any reasonable sporting application of a rifle, and a rifle is the wrong weapon for home defense anyway.

I’m not sure what state you’re in, but generally speaking, you are mistaken regarding background checks at gun shows. Private firearm sales, including those at gun shows, are entirely unregulated under federal law. Thus, the regulation of private firearm sales is relegated to the states. Thirty-three states have no laws at all covering private firearm sales. Only six states require universal background checks on all gun show sales. A 1997 study estimated that about 40% of firearm sales in the U.S. were not subject to background check regulations, and since then, essentially unregulated Internet sales of firearms have skyrocketed.

That’s why they call it the “Gun Show Loophole.”

2 out of 2 members liked this post.