Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Re: Male student gang raped by muslim youth

Quote Originally Posted by tragicomedy View Post
    What does that make you to curse me instead of making an argument in defense of Islam. Idf you want to make this about Turkey instead of about Muslim immigrants attacking and intimidating non-Muslims we can go there AND I won't have to go back to the Armenian genocide.
    Clearly you are just an hater,you didnt know anything you just believe,if you can introduce us your academical disquisition about Armenian genocide,there is no problem for me.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cdgirl-tr View Post
    Clearly you are just an hater,you didnt know anything you just believe,if you can introduce us your academical disquisition about Armenian genocide,there is no problem for me.
    And not least because Turks were not the only people involved -the Germans were involved, the Kurds in some areas -and anyway before 1923 how many people who became Turks were ethnically Turkish? Anatolia was a melting pot of Empire, immigrants had been arriving from the lost colonies of eastern Europe for years, creating competition for land, and so on...just this weekend there was yet another programme on the radio about Lawrence of Arabia (because the film is 50 years old but any old excuse will do) and every time it mentioned the war against 'the Turks' I didnt know whether to laugh or cry -who do people think were in the Ottoman armed forces in the First World War? Not a single Arab? Not one Jew, Kurd, Armenian, Turk, Turcoman, Circassian, Chechen, Greek Orthodox? It was an Empire, just as the majority of the troops who engaged the Ottoman forces in Mesopotamia were Indian -indeed, when the British created Iraq as a League of Nations Mandate in 1921, its currency was the Indian Rupee until the Dinar was introduced a few years later.

Lawrence, it seems to me, is a hero to English schoolboys and armchair historians because his story is 'exciting' even 'successful' when so much of the First World War is about Lions led by Donkeys- Lawrence and Allenby may be the most revered officers of the War, which is ironic given the mess they left behind...

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Neither you nor anyone else has been able to establish that the people arrested for the rape of the HUB student are Muslim. It is also. very. irritating. to keep putting. full stops. in. your. posts. This is not a telegram. STOP.
    Did you read the links? The Belgian blogs are talking about it as a given that they are indeed the children of Moroccan and Turkish immigrants, confirmed after a Belgian reporter broke protocol and identified them as such. You folks ignore that and the lesser of your ilk use curse words and atttacks. I am glad that folks here have pullled back from censorship and have allowed a thread about an inconvenient news story to live.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Of curse they would Ben. The American people managed to stem the floodtide of political bigotry at the election this time around. Fingers crossed for the future. Hatred is all too well and alive in the world. In the UK we've recently seen the absurd decision to ban women from becoming Bishops in the church of England, and a battle royal is taking shape over gay marriage.

When I remarked about deleting this thread i was talking about the racist elements encoded in the original post (based ONLY on radical right websites) and the stream of postings since by one individual But its turned into a decent debate.
    Is the radical left under the same quarantine? It seems in Europe that the rad left is given liberties that the right can only dream of. Even though previous incarnations of both have hands soaked in blood. People who apppoint themselves the boss of speech annoy me. They like to squeeze out the Left, Right and populists.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by cdgirl-tr View Post
    This typifies your response on the thread. You charge in with your foul language without actually reading. I said I would not have to rely on the Armenian Genocide. Why do that when we have so much to talk about in modern times.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

tragicomedy... so freedom of speech means the freedom to vilify whole groups in the way you do? Hatespeech is good speech is it? Why in every response to the person from Turkey do you eel it necessary to refer to the Armenian genocide as if that is the only thing you know about Turkey? While you're at it why not start banging on about the Ottoman empire? Janissaries and the like? Or perhaps you'd like to refer to the glorious and civilising influence of the Ottoman's at their zenith? To the great Mosque architects like Sinan?

As I see it your vilification of Muslims is emblematic of an obsessive fear transmuting into hatred of islam. Get some education about the religion and then you might be able to make some intelligent contributions to the discussion.

As others have noted even if the attackers WERE Muslim, what does that prove? Do we identity other rapists as Christians or atheists or Hindu or whatever? Do burglars who happen to be Muslim get labelled as such? I don't think so. You jumped into this to support the labelling of these people Muslim because it plays to a false stereotype pedalled by haters - in whose number you are clearly included.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tragicomedy View Post
    Did you read the links? The Belgian blogs are talking about it as a given that they are indeed the children of Moroccan and Turkish immigrants, confirmed after a Belgian reporter broke protocol and identified them as such. You folks ignore that and the lesser of your ilk use curse words and atttacks. I am glad that folks here have pullled back from censorship and have allowed a thread about an inconvenient news story to live.
    I can quote you blogs which will claim that several well-known British people from the world of politics and music ran a peadophile network from 10 Downing St; that the world is controlled by Lizard people but I forget from which planet they come; that the world will end on the 21st of December 2012.

You have not established as a fact either that the people arrested for the crime are guilty -noone has, as the trial has not taken place, if it does- or that they are Muslim. There are thousands of children of Muslims in the UK who came here from Pakistan, Bangladesh, India or anywhere else or who were born here, who do not practise their faith. Unless you can both prove that those arrested are guilty in advance of any court proceedings -and why would you do that anyway?-and then prove that their actions were derived from their faith then you are just being politically provocative.

There was a time when GI's were loathed in this country because 'they all' had money and were taking our women. Was that true?

tragicomedy... so freedom of speech means the freedom to vilify whole groups in the way you do? Hatespeech is good speech is it? Why in every response to the person from Turkey do you eel it necessary to refer to the Armenian genocide as if that is the only thing you know about Turkey? While you're at it why not start banging on about the Ottoman empire? Janissaries and the like? Or perhaps you'd like to refer to the glorious and civilising influence of the Ottoman's at their zenith? To the great Mosque architects like Sinan?

As I see it your vilification of Muslims is emblematic of an obsessive fear transmuting into hatred of islam. Get some education about the religion and then you might be able to make some intelligent contributions to the discussion.

As others have noted even if the attackers WERE Muslim, what does that prove? Do we identity other rapists as Christians or atheists or Hindu or whatever? Do burglars who happen to be Muslim get labelled as such? I don't think so. You jumped into this to support the labelling of these people Muslim because it plays to a false stereotype pedalled by haters - in whose number you are clearly included.
    You are being a reactionary if you think I am vilifying them. Muslims in Europe are the key to stopping this anti-social behavior. How did.the U.S. Stop Klan.terrorism? Infiltration.and prosecution but also exposing and shaming. This tactic is essential to true mainstream social change. You think you are helping them but you are actually just enabling Muslim supremacists within their community.

You truly are a reactionary. I said I was.NOT going to rely on the Armenian genocide like so.many others do.

<Lawrence, it seems to me, is a hero to English schoolboys and armchair historians because his story is 'exciting' even 'successful' when so much of the First World War is about Lions led by Donkeys- Lawrence and Allenby may be the most revered officers of the War, which is ironic given the mess they left behind...>

In fairness to Lawrence, he knew by 1916 of the Sykes-Picot agreement and that it would be impossible for Britain to honor their promise of self determination to the Arabs in exchange for their help in driving the Ottoman Turks out of what is now Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria. Nevertheless he was a commissioned officer in the intelligence service during wartime so he carried out his duties despite the overwhelming sense of guilt it caused.

Great Britain/UK has a lot to answer for in the Middle East.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.