Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Nutjobs Continue to Rule GOP

Before the ink was dry on Johnson's Civil Rights Act the Republicans had a vision:
    They could now become the WHITE Party of the USA.
    But non-whites are a bigger percentage of the population now.
    So tossing any white guy in a suit on the ballot (Mitt) isn't cutting it anymore.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikki_haley.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	928107  

World Class Asshole

Trump's inclusion in the Republican primary probably reshuffled the deck. I believe Marco Rubio would still be standing if it wasn't for that...could be the morning coffee talking though. To really project, I would say that if Rubio had won, Nikki Haley would have received a powerful cabinet position from him (her term is up 2019)...which of course may have eventually lined her up for a future presidential nomination. The irony of course is - I don't think a Trump or Cruz nomination will beat Clinton anyway (though this is the strangest of election years , so you never know), which means she could have an earlier shot at it, if that's what she really wants. Obviously this is all, over the top, speculation on my part cause I'm wired right now. Governor Haley would be an attractive nominee for all the obvious reasons, but what sours it is the 'Tea Party'.

Which may be okay, because if she ever got the nomination, my eyes would be tired from rolling them anytime some idiot would say "Why doesn't she go by her first name Nimrata? hmmm...answer me that'.

On an amusing note, I have to give credit to Trump for one thing: The Tea Party kills nominees by forcing them to spew shit you know they don't believe in...often based on previous performance. But here you have Trump, who so obviously doesn't hold ANY of their values it's almost laughable. It's almost like he's forcing that wing of the party to him, rather than vice-versa. Which exposes that portion of the party for what they are - haters who think the world should just think like them - or go to hell if they don't. People in need of anger management and drugs (other than Crystal Meth).

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

......I have to give credit to Trump for one thing: The Tea Party kills nominees by forcing them to spew shit you know they don't believe in...often based on previous performance. But here you have Trump, who so obviously doesn't hold ANY of their values it's almost laughable. It's almost like he's forcing that wing of the party to him, rather than vice-versa. Which exposes that portion of the party for what they are - haters who think the world should just think like them - or go to hell if they don't.....

When Trump said "THEY'RE all rapists and drug dealers" he sewed up the most votes, but nowhere near 51% he would need in a general election. It could be the GOP is upset that Trump represents a LOSING strategy more than being upset he represents an immoral one. Before this is all over with you will hear Trump tell the GOP to KMA. That'll be fun.
    I'm sure there was an exact date and time when Trump first realized he had the business skills to run a hostile takeover of the entire Gop, fucking clowns in charge of millions and millions of dollars! Trump saw the Republican party as a warehouse full of Scrooge McDuck-Size piles of riches, and the only door had a sleeping John McCain with a rusty ole shotgun guarding it, and Sarah Palin with an American flag. Easy pickins. So Trump grabbed the flag and Sarah, that left McCain. (the loser)
    Let me remind everyone that even after Trump loses, there will still be ..what, 75 million racists running free?
    As Stavros and Trish will tell you- History and Physics are NEVER wrong, once you separate human error from the text.
    It used to be if you lived in a small rural community, and you drove fifteen minutes to the next town for your job, people thought you had demons. Nobody locks their doors there. They all know each other. Feel an AMERICAN kinship with each other. Look out for each other. All the taxes they pay go to fix the city's problems. The Goddam drugs came from THE CITY!!!!
    I kinda think the Republicans look to their President as a Father figure, because they're rural, like in olde Europe the villages looked to the village elder or wiseman to call the play in the huddle. While Democrats think all the players in the huddle should vote, and let the wiseman play his position. Everyone in Congress has paid civil service jobs.
    And now that them country boys have krank and the internet and cable TV, we may be seeing lots of personality changes in the GOP. Look at Ashlyn Creamer!!!
    Game of Thrones meets American Idol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47211212_cached.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	928359  

World Class Asshole

Well, this week I'm going to give the nomination to Trump......
    What's the alternative, CRUZ?????????????
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ppT?li=BBnb7Kz

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The Kennedy Assassination? Is the USA ever going to let go of it? What next, is Trump related to Davy Crockett, Paul Revere and George Washington? Or is someone going to talk about jobs, health-care, and education? And I thought Labour was losing it (all over again) with Ken Livingstone and Hitler....

Looks like Trump V Clinton Debates in the fall.........
    The Democrats have said they wanted Trump and it seems like the Democrats are getting everything they want this year. Donald Trump has never been in a Debate with half the seats filled with Democrats.
    It's going to sound like the Jerry Springer show.
    I....cannot....wait.

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    Some really, really funny stuff...thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The Kennedy Assassination? Is the USA ever going to let go of it? What next, is Trump related to Davy Crockett, Paul Revere and George Washington? Or is someone going to talk about jobs, health-care, and education? And I thought Labour was losing it (all over again) with Ken Livingstone and Hitler....
    You know Stavros, at first I thought you were quoting something from "The Onion"...and then I saw this : http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...stic/83874972/

This is fucking ridiculous. Trump quotes a lunatic article from The National Enquirer. You know, the paper that talks about 'BatBoy" and the Devil coming out of a volcano.
    I'm stunned.
    Even if I had a delusional fever. Even if I simply wanted to watch a train wreck.
    Even if I was going to do what a lot of voters are going to do - which is vote for anyone but Hillary.

I...C'mon really??!!
    I can't . Really?!!
    Is it okay to say every silly thing that comes to mind when running for President now? WTF?
    How can you vote for someone who has less impulse control than a two year old?

Anyway read this article/editorial opinion about Labour this morning - http://nypost.com/2016/05/02/britain...anti-semitism/

....is it accurate?

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 05-04-2016 at 01:17 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post

Anyway read this article/editorial opinion about Labour this morning - http://nypost.com/2016/05/02/britain...anti-semitism/

....is it accurate?
    It is partially accurate, but for a detailed, sometimes tedious sometimes shocking rebuttal of the claims the first link will help, but note too a rebuttal of the rebuttal in the second link for an additional view, though it may be too much reading on a subject alien to this thread.
    https://opendemocracy.net/uk/jamie-s...s-opponents-do
    https://frankpodmore.com/tag/labour-party/

The sad fact of the matter is that there has been a persistent if muted anti-semitism in Britain which has been obscured because it became morally reprehensible after 1945 whereas before that making casual remarks about 'the Jews' was not uncommon, just as in more recent years people have modified the way they talk about the Irish, Black people and to a lesser extent Muslims owing to the feeling that at the moment they are 'fair game' because of the outrageous acts of violence committed by so-called radical Muslims. Such views are found in all parties, not just Labour, and for what its worth some of the views that have been expressed about women and the childish behaviour of some MP's in Parliament suggests that women remain the most likely social group to be on the receiving end of the most prejudice in public life. As to to reasons specific to Labour Party, this has a long history on which I will share my views if you are interested.
    Note that we go to the Polls on Thursday so the results, for mostly local elections in England and Wales, the Scottish Assembly, and the Mayor of London will be the first elections of note since Corbyn became party leader.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Well I made it about two thirds through the first rebuttal article, when I realize it was pointless because the author seemed clearly biased and I'm being kind...but I will revisit and trudge through 'til finish in the morning, because the article may redeem itself with an unexpected piece of profound insight. It's supposed to be a rebuttal, but.....

The prejudice you speak of happens in all walks of life...but not always to the extent of being posted on social media by a politician. You'd like to think that a politician would be more 'aware'....unless of course that person thought their comments were part of the norm...or at least, part of a preconceived collective agreement amongst his audience.
    I agree with you 100% on women bearing the most prejudice, at least on a global scale. That's a point that needs it's own thread...or at least another discussion someplace....any place.

...and I am always interested in hearing your views - so please share them...

(though you are often a bit stuffy or cranky when criticizing one of the Arts ...lol. [This can't be news to you])

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 05-04-2016 at 07:06 AM.