Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

Default Ooooh, Thumbs Down, I'm so hurt, how will I ever survive.

So, the thumbs down thing. I get it when you genuinely don't like a post, but to just find someone you don't like and do that out of spite, just silly. It's juvenile, and really indicates you probably need therapy to help get over some "issues" you've got.

No big secret as to who is doing it to me. This mysteriously started happening a short while back after a public disagreement.

For the record, I don't care. It's not like they're going to ban me if all my posts get thumbs down ratings. I actually feel a little bad that this is the extent of what they have in their life. That they are so angry and all they can do is petty revenge with a mouse click. It's sad.

7 out of 25 members liked this post.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: Ooooh, Thumbs Down, I'm so hurt, how will I ever survive.

I said near enough the same thing last week.
    Still, gives them something to do, keeps them off the streets.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lovecox's Avatar

I think there should also be a sideways thumb to indicate complete indifference.

3 out of 5 members liked this post.

I'd bet that every post in this topic receives a thumbs down.
    Drawing attention to it gives the little trolls exactly what they want. Acknowledgment.

I don't think it's anybody picking on a certain person or sets of people specifically, rather just some ass hats who downvote every post they see.

3 out of 11 members liked this post.

Regulator Professional Poster JenniferParisHusband's Avatar

I figured every post would get a thumbs down. (I just countered all of the above with up votes)

Mine I don't think is random, because his name shows up in my profile views every day since our last spat, like a stalker. I'm pretty sure mine is a targeted thing. Plus, who down-votes a picture of Jennifer Paris' breasts? Those things are like DaVinci masterpieces.

I'm getting a kick out of it though. I'm hoping my down-votes catch up to the number of posts I've made. I actually think that would be pretty funny.

2 out of 8 members liked this post.
    Jus wookin puh nub.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post
    I figured every post would get a thumbs down. (I just countered all of the above with up votes)

Mine I don't think is random, because his name shows up in my profile views every day since our last spat, like a stalker. I'm pretty sure mine is a targeted thing. Plus, who down-votes a picture of Jennifer Paris' breasts? Those things are like DaVinci masterpieces.

I'm getting a kick out of it though. I'm hoping my down-votes catch up to the number of posts I've made. I actually think that would be pretty funny.
    Seanchai could probably confirm this, but people hang around my profile views section for weeks. It doesn't mean they're visiting my profile every day for weeks on end. It just means that other users haven't come along and bumped them off yet. In other words, I think that list is persistent for a few weeks before names disappear.

I wish there were some way to require a user post in a specific topic before being allowed to vote on any post in the same topic. Course, that may also mean lots of one-word posts from dolts wanting to thumb-up a titty pic. Pointless and excessive MySQL bloat costs money.

Seanchai and his peeps is working on it. That's the last I've heard. I don't know if he's modifying the voting system, finding a better replacement, or if he's just going to disable the system completely. I couldn't care less. I really didn't think the downvoting storm would bother people like this. I kinda assumed it'd happen. Hell, I don't even look at my ratio anymore.

0 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

1 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferParisHusband View Post

Aretha Benjamin Ajay ?

0 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post

Seanchai and his peeps is working on it. That's the last I've heard. I don't know if he's modifying the voting system, finding a better replacement, or if he's just going to disable the system completely. I couldn't care less. I really didn't think the downvoting storm would bother people like this. I kinda assumed it'd happen. Hell, I don't even look at my ratio anymore.
    I don't know why you guys are getting so upset over it.

8 out of 8 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecox View Post
    I think there should also be a sideways thumb to indicate complete indifference.
    & maybe an oblique.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~