Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Question for the veterans

How much patience do you have for a rookie?And were you ever like that way back when?In your eyes does a stupid remark label a rookie forever?

i used to just read in the beginning.....i have known about the site since 2002...(allanah linked me some interview she did back in the day)....not saying u shouldnt post , but reading is good also.

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Loads of patiences for a rookie and will answer any genuine questions put to me or the forum but someone like Zach22 who comes on here and just starts ruckus's for the hell of it, none whatsover.

I'm sure plenty of you have worked out that it's the same guy who got kicked from here TWICE over the last few months, Spiderman was one of his incarnations and I can't remember his last.
    Very poor, V poor.
    seanchai

I've been posting to forums/bulletin boards since computers were steam-powered, so I've learned a thing or two along the way.

I usually try to read through a number of posts, lurking in silence, before I jump in and then I just sort of wade in before taking the big swim.

This method has served me rather well. Nowadaze, when I say something incredibly stoopid, it is typically only my good friends who will say "Oh, yah, sure! I expected him to be a dick!".

I tend to give rookies an inordinant amount of slack, right up until they poke someone with a stick.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

That's it Legend T-W-A-T.
    seanchai

So long as they are well intended, I am patient with rookies. After all, we all started out that way. However, when they come on here talking shit or displaying what I regard as phoniness, I usually go after them pretty aggressively.

Fortunately, most of the rookies are great additions to the forum. Like Hollywood said, it's good to just take some time and read what's going on before posting. A lot of rookies get in trouble by jumping into a dispute/debate without having an appropriate understanding of said dispute's history. Launching unwarranted attacks on the girls or doing the captain-save-a-hoe thing can also cause serious problems.

Spiderman aka Legend aka Zack22 is a perfect example of what not to do. What's up, Legend, you fucking cockweasel.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mds
    Do I count as a Veteran?
    I would say that you are, but that does bring me to another question: What makes a veteran? Time, Post Totals, General Acceptance by Board Members?

Like HollywoodBuckstrap, I pretty much just read and only reply to a few of the threads that interest me or I feel I might add something to. I've personally been a 'lurker' here for months, but I've only posted a handful of times. Just curious as to the veteran/rookie cut-off.

In response to the original question, I'd say most rookies are treated pretty well and with appropriate levels of respect(I know I was). But when some shlub comes on and knocks regulars, or asks why we talk about politics/TV/movies, etc, or constantly 'lol's at themselves in their own posts it does get annoying and that's why it's good to have the J's and Seanchai's around to put them in their place.

What makes a veteran? Time, Post Totals, General Acceptance by Board Members?
    The answer would be "Yes".

The forum automatically flags your ID as a Veteran Poster after a certain number of posts (Not sure what that is, but the mods could tell you). The key, however, is getting that far (First off, without getting your ass kicked to the curb) without earning the anymosity (Sp?) of all of the gurls and half the fanboys.

Of course, it's all relative to who hates you, too. I once got slapped in the middle of well-populated party and everyone in the room thought I was a hero (Though I still wish they'd been kind enough to warn me of the impending slap).

Avenged01 Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mds

But when they attack the girls and throwing abuse around, my patience drops to zero.
    Being a rookie myself (although I am actually a refugee from fedas where I was a regular poster!) I cant understand why anyone would sign up to this forum and then abuse the girls whose pictures are posted. The reason I signed up is because of my fascination and admiration for these remarkable girls and the thought of being abusive towards them is crazy!

example: there's a newbie requesting peeing pics. an extensive thread on this topic with pages and pages of posts already exists. he never bothered to look.

not a big deal, but take a look for what you want... it's probabbly already been discussed.