Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default Not a

Im placing it here before it gets moved to the Political section or even deleted...

http://www.classwarfareexists.com/wh...ut-loud-music/

This sounds like the Trayvon Martin case all over again…because another black teenage student is killed under suspicious circumstances. Michael David Dunn, a 45-year-old vice president of Dunn & Dunn Data Systems in Vero Beach, was in Jacksonville this past weekend for his son’s wedding. The Orlando Sentinel details what happened on Friday when Dunn, a gun collector, encountered Jordan Russell Davis, a student at nearby magnet school Samuel W. Wolfson High.

Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and several other teenagers were sitting in a sport utility vehicle in the parking lot when Dunn pulled up next to them in a car and asked them to turn down their music. Jordan and Dunn exchanged words, and Dunn pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, striking Jordan twice. Jordan was sitting in the back seat. No one else was hurt.

Jacksonville homicide Lt. Rob Schoonover said:

Our victim was shot a couple of times. …They were listening to the music. It was loud; they [other teens] admitted that. But I mean that is not a reason for someone to open fire on them.When his girlfriend returned to the car, Dunn drove off, admitting to her that he “fired at these kids.” After hearing a news report that someone died in the shooting at their Jacksonville hotel, the couple returned to their home to Brevard County, Fla. Witnesses of the shooting took down Dunn’s license plate number, which, on Saturday, helped police find Dunn’s house, where he was then arrested.

Dunn claims to have felt “threatened” before opening fire and is therefore claiming self-defense, Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, which earned infamy after Trayvon Martin’s killing, could be at issue in this case. After Martin’s death, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) appointed a task force to review the law that authorizes the unfettered use of deadly force in self-defense, but the panel didn’t recommend any significant changes.

Jacksonville Attorney Gene Nichols, however, said that using the “Stand Your Ground” defense is going to be a tough case to make:

Mr. Dunn is going to have to answer the question, ‘Why did you not call the sheriff’s office? If you are reasonably protecting yourself, why did you leave the scene, get in the car, and the next day, flee the jurisdiction of Duval County?’ … There’s no indication that Jordan or anyone else in that car had a gun, there’s no indication that they were any threat to Mr. Dunn.

There should be an amendment to this law. It should state that if involved in an altercation where an unarmed opponent is killed, the perpetrator cannot claim “Stand your Ground”, and automatically waive all their rights to a jury trial and be sentenced to life imprisonment in the harshest penitentiary in the state of Florida.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Default Re: Not a

Jeezus Christ.
    Fucking piece of shit.

I can't count how many times growing up I've been told by some oldhead when I was a passenger in another car to 'turn that goddamn music down!!'

We would say 'fuck off', flip him the bird or laugh and our cars would split never to be seen again.
    I assume this is a universal experience of most adult male's teen years.

Since when do you have the right to murder someone because their music is too loud??
    I hope this prick dies in prison.

Default Re: Not ANOTHER "stand your ground" incident...

I don't see how Florida's "stand your ground" legislation would apply in this case unless the defense can prove the teenagers exited their vehicle and threatened Dunn. The kids weren't breaking any laws by playing their music loudly outside of restricted noise ordinance hours and if the prosecution can show the teenagers remained in their vehicle, this is an open-and-shut case. Dunn had every opportunity to leave the scene and contact the local authorities to register a noise complaint, but he didn't.

On the other hand, I'm kind of getting sick and tired of watching cases like this turn into national news. Let the locals flip out and allow the state to deal with the court proceedings. This case has little to do with national concern.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

@ Will....You should hear Dunn's lawyer response...FUCKING GOLD!!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by doctor screw View Post
    Mind providing a link? I've tried googling it, but all I can find are single-sentence excerpts from Dunn's defense attorney; not a full quote. Most of them have been pretty freakin' goofy, though.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doctor screw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    Mind providing a link? I've tried googling it, but all I can find are single-sentence excerpts from Dunn's defense attorney; not a full quote. Most of them have been pretty freakin' goofy, though.
    That is a statement I'd LOVE to hear.

I'll give the lawyer the benefit of the doubt. Even if they think what Dunn did is bullshit and feels he should rot in jail, they ARE trying to defend him and get him off [pause], so they've got to do the job right. It's like Johnnie Cochran defending O.J...

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

It’s ridiculous how it is that a simple gun gives some guys way too much power. Prejudice, stupidity, arrogance and egotism are amongst the good causes of that. There definitively should be some severe gun control laws. Stuff like that should not happen in a country like the US. Somewhere in the Middle East during some conflict, maybe, but not in the US. In all of the highly industrialized countries, it is the only one in which it happens on a regular basis. That’s nonsense.
    What if justice was to stop sending people in jail for drug possession or even trafficking, and starts sending them there for weapon’s possession instead? Wouldn’t that make more sense?

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

I think this guy should be convicted on one fact alone: He was going into a convenience store, which means he was going to be there for what, 5 minutes maximum, and he just HAD to tell the kids in the car to turn the music down??

I mean, damn, these are just kids...chances are that if he would have just minded his own business this whole thing never would of happened...

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Rookie Poster

I would like to point out that everyone jumping to conclusions here without knowing the facts...and lets be clear here, mainstream media often gets the facts incorrect, let alone a biased reporting source such as the one OP posted...is making a fairly large mistake.

Wait to pass judgement until more is known and less is in dispute. You'd expect the same for yourself, why not expect it here?

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

Default Re: Not a

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    Jeezus Christ.
    Fucking piece of shit.

I can't count how many times growing up I've been told by some oldhead when I was a passenger in another car to 'turn that goddamn music down!!'

We would say 'fuck off', flip him the bird or laugh and our cars would split never to be seen again.
    I assume this is a universal experience of most adult male's teen years.

Since when do you have the right to murder someone because their music is too loud??
    I hope this prick dies in prison.
    i don't think this guy had the right to kill anyone over loud muzik, but why play it so loud in the first place? and why, would you say "fuck off" then flip them "the bird or laugh" when someone asks you to turn it down?

sooner or later, you're bound to cross the wrong person, as this young gentleman obviously did.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.