Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    White_Canadian_Male says:

Republicans chose the patriarchal standard ... I choose to make my own decisions and not allow big brother to choose for me.
    It seems that by so vorciforously supporting the Republican view, you're allowing big pappa to decide what goes or doesn't go in your bedroom. At the same time you seem to support the suppression of other private intimate practices. As far a bedroom philosophies go, liberal principles allow individuals to chose their own course.
    Really?

Does the democrat party allow muslims to practice polygamy,including marriage to 9 year olds? No? Why how intolerant of you. Mohammed married Aisha at the age of 9.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Male_Canada
    Democrats favor conferring rights based on specific types of sexual intercourse.
    The US, unlike most countries, was founded in part on the principle of the separation of church and state. While a significant majority of Americans may be Christian, they have no right to legistate their morality on other citizens. Among those religious groups who in whole or in part reject the definition of marriage as between "one man and one woman" you can count Unitarians, Friends, UCC, Reform Jews, Buddhists, Wiccans, and Taoists.
    So much for majority rule.Damn that fuckin` democracy/sarc off.

Define "separation of church and state" in regards to a church,IE;Church of England ?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

White_Canadian_Male writes:

Does the democrat party allow muslims to practice polygamy,including marriage to 9 year olds? No? Why how intolerant of you.
    Does the republican party?????? My, Goodness! Wait 'til this hits the news!!!

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    White_Canadian_Male writes:

Does the democrat party allow muslims to practice polygamy,including marriage to 9 year olds? No? Why how intolerant of you.
    Does the republican party?????? My, Goodness! Wait 'til this hits the news!!!
    The democrats preach a good game but are found wanting. So if the sheep likes,what`s wrong with that?Plenty of sites on the net for it,what`s wrong with marriage. Why not 3 people getting married? Why not mom marrying her son? Sez who,Ted Kennedy? Bahh Waaa LOL.

Being neither Republican nor democrat myself the dems love the divide and conquer routine,piting one group against another. The Republicans stick to the original nuclear family. Not an alien concept since it`s been practiced for centuries by the majority of the world. Majority rules whether you like it or not.Don`t,move to Cuba.They`re so progressive they just throw your ass in jail for it.

WhiteCanadianMale, for your information, since you apparently need some on this topic:
    A Libertarian is one who:
    Believes in the principles of freedom our founding fathers fought for.
    Believes that you have the sole right to run your life the way you see fit.
    Believes that you are the master and government is the servant.
    Believes that government gets its rights from you, not the other way around.
    Believes in the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, without compromise.
    From the Libertarian Party Platform
    We advocate an end to all government attempts to dictate, prohibit, control or encourage any private lifestyle, living arrangement or contractual relationship. We would repeal existing laws and policies intended to condemn, affirm, encourage or deny sexual lifestyles, or any set of attitudes about such lifestyles...

we advocate the repeal of all laws regarding consensual sexual relations, including prostitution and solicitation, and the cessation of state oppression and harassment of homosexual men and women, that they, at last, be accorded their full rights as individuals; the repeal of all laws regulating or prohibiting the possession, use, sale, production, or distribution of sexually explicit material, independent of "socially redeeming value" or compliance with "community standards
    "
    Sweetie, by their definition and mine, I'm a libertarian, and while I don't agree with all their positions (some of which are a little extreme), I do with many and the ones most important to me. But what are you? It sounds like you are opposed to equal rights and marriage for gays and transgenders? But here you are on a shemale board? is your philosophy that as long as you can screw a t-girl, who cares if her government does too?

FK

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

my dear little White_Canadian_Male, you may not considered yourself a republican but you sure are their most ardent supporter. So in light of that obvious bias I'll repeat the question you never answered:

Does the Republican Party allow muslims to practice polygamy,including marriage to 9 year olds?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

First Amendment
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

When you try to pass a law based on a religious viewpoint, ie gay marriage, or when you try to pass one to advance religion ie school prayer, you are supposed to be stopped by the wall separating Church and State. Too many on the right think the wall should be more like a speed bump, but the right is just wrong about that.

FK

So much for majority rule.Damn that fuckin` democracy/sarc off.
    Yes, so much for majority rule. With regard to the free exercise of religious beliefs, the very point of the separation of church and state is to prevent the "tyranny of the majority" whereby the few are oppressed by the many. (qv Tocqueville, ""If the free institutions of America are destroyed, that event may be attributed to the omnipotence of the majority, which may at some future time urge the minorities to desperation and oblige them to have recourse to physical force," Democracy in America; and Mill, "Like other tyrannies, the tyranny of the majority was at first, and is still vulgarly, held in dread, chiefly as operating through the acts of the public authorities. But reflecting persons perceived that when society is itself the tyrant — society collectively over the separate individuals who compose it — its means of tyrannizing are not restricted to the acts which it may do by the hands of its political functionaries. Society can and does execute its own mandates; and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with which it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. Protection, therefore, against the tyranny of the magistrate is not enough; there needs protection also against the tyranny of the prevailing opinion and feeling, against the tendency of society to impose, by other means than civil penalties, its own ideas and practices as rules of conduct on those who dissent from them; to fetter the development and, if possible, prevent the formation of any individuality not in harmony with its ways, and compel all characters to fashion themselves upon the model of its own. There is a limit to the legitimate interference of collective opinion with individual independence; and to find that limit, and maintain it against encroachment, is as indispensable to a good condition of human affairs as protection against political despotism," On Liberty.)

Define "separation of church and state" in regards to a church,IE;Church of England ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    First Amendment
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

When you try to pass a law based on a religious viewpoint, ie gay marriage, or when you try to pass one to advance religion ie school prayer, you are supposed to be stopped the wall separating Church and State. Too many on the right think the wall should be more like a speed bump, but the right is just wrong about that.

FK
    Thanks, Felicia. You saved me having to unravel this for him.

5 Star Poster

WhiteCanadianMale, for your information, since you apparently need some on this topic:
    A Libertarian is one who:
    Believes in the principles of freedom our founding fathers fought for.
    Believes that you have the sole right to run your life the way you see fit.
    Believes that you are the master and government is the servant.
    Believes that government gets its rights from you, not the other way around.
    Believes in the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, without compromise.
    From the Libertarian Party Platform
    We advocate an end to all government attempts to dictate, prohibit, control or encourage any private lifestyle, living arrangement or contractual relationship. We would repeal existing laws and policies intended to condemn, affirm, encourage or deny sexual lifestyles, or any set of attitudes about such lifestyles...

we advocate the repeal of all laws regarding consensual sexual relations, including prostitution and solicitation, and the cessation of state oppression and harassment of homosexual men and women, that they, at last, be accorded their full rights as individuals; the repeal of all laws regulating or prohibiting the possession, use, sale, production, or distribution of sexually explicit material, independent of "socially redeeming value" or compliance with "community standards
    "
    Sweetie, by their definition and mine, I'm a libertarian, and while I don't agree with all their positions (some of which are a little extreme), I do with many and the ones most important to me. But what are you? It sounds like you are opposed to equal rights and marriage for gays and transgenders? But here you are on a shemale board? is your philosophy that as long as you can screw a t-girl, who cares if her government does too?

FK
    Typical buffet table self professed "libertarian".

You admit you`re not a true libertarian and only agree with certain ideological points that suit yourself.

Government cannot create marriage any more than it can create jobs. If you WERE a libertarian you would understand the difference between the legal and organic.

You`re caught in a self-contradiction.Not wanting government to define marriage,but wanting it to define marriage,only as you see fit.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    First Amendment

When you try to pass a law based on a religious viewpoint, ie gay marriage, or when you try to pass one to advance religion ie school prayer, you are supposed to be stopped the wall separating Church and State. Too many on the right think the wall should be more like a speed bump, but the right is just wrong about that.

FK
    Thanks, Felicia. You saved me having to unravel this for him.
    Felicia saved your skin by pasting the 1st and not delving into the historical aspects? Hardly.

The establisment clause of the 1st amendment does not require government neutrality between religion and atheism. Do you know why?

You`re avoiding and deflecting from my question,

"seperation of church and state", what was the "church" as defined by Jefferson and others?

As far as De Tocqueville and Chapter 16, he also recognized this as far from an actuality, because of the careful system of checks and balances. Tocqueville used the term “providential” when describing the spread of democracy . He was trying to convey a sense of prehistorical determination and Divine triumph.

Still sticking to him ?