Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    As I've stated before, I vote for the Dems as the lesser (far lesser), of two evils...and I am reminded of the reasons why when I read the drivel from closeted repug swine like yourself...
    Still a tolerant ignorant bigot I see.

Helms hasn`t been in the Senate since 2003.

Rober,KKK,Byrd is the longest sitting demorat senator of all time,and considered the "conscience of the senate". And,STILL THERE !

The 770-page book is the latest in a long series of attempts by the 87-year-old Democratic patriarch to try to explain an event early in his life that threatens to define him nearly as much as his achievements in the Senate. In it, Byrd says he viewed the Klan as a useful platform from which to launch his political career. He described it essentially as a fraternal group of elites -- doctors, lawyers, clergy, judges and other "upstanding people" who at no time engaged in or preached violence against blacks, Jews or Catholics, who historically were targets of the Klan.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061801105.html

Robert KKK Byrd,"the Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia" and "in every state in the Union."

Comparing an ex-senator to the longest sitting senator,who`s still there !

What a Loser !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Platinum Poster

I'll give you an E for effort ... and you aren't fooling anyone here in regards to your repugnant agenda...nice try though, skippy...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

What About Byrd?
    Unlike Thurmond, he renounced his racist past.
    By Timothy Noah
    Posted Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2002, at 2:28 PM ET

Since posting an item pointing out that, contrary to Washington legend, Strom Thurmond never renounced his segregationist past, Chatterbox has been inundated with rude e-mails. The theme of these e-mails is: What about former Senate Majority Leader Robert Byrd? Byrd, a Democrat who still represents West Virginia, belonged to the Ku Klux Klan when he was a young man. Past membership in the Klan is heavier moral baggage than past advocacy of segregation. But Byrd, unlike Thurmond, renounced his youthful participation in a racist cause. See, for example, this exchange with CNN's Bernard Shaw in Dec. 1993:

Q: What has been your biggest mistake and your biggest success?

A: Well, it's easy to state what has been my biggest mistake. The greatest mistake I ever made was joining the Ku Klux Klan. And I've said that many times. But one cannot erase what he has done. He can only change his ways and his thoughts. That was an albatross around my neck that I will always wear. You will read it in my obituary that I was a member of the Ku Klux Klan
    Contrast that with an interview Thurmond gave Joseph Stroud of the Charlotte Observer in July 1998 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of his presidential bid on the segregationist Dixiecrat ticket. Asked if he wanted to apologize, Thurmond said, "I don't have anything to apologize for," and "I don't have any regrets." Asked if he thought the Dixiecrats were right, Thurmond said, "Yes, I do." Thurmond said this four years ago!

Chatterbox has not yet received any rude e-mails asking: What about Senate Democrat Ernest Hollings? Hollings ran for governor of South Carolina in 1958 pledging to protect "the Southern way of life," which in those days meant segregation. Once in office, though, Hollings switched sides and supported integration. When Howell Raines of the New York Times asked Hollings in 1983 about his brief career as a segregationist, Hollings didn't just say he knew it was wrong now. He said, "I knew it was wrong" then.

Have Byrd and Hollings atoned sufficiently for their previous views and policies? Probably not. But they have renounced them. Thurmond never will.

http://www.slate.com/id/2075662/

5 Star Poster

I'll give you an E for effort ... and you aren't fooling anyone here in regards to your repugnant agenda...nice try though, skippy...
    Takes a real ignoramous like you to step on my land mines.

Took a Republican,Abraham Lincoln,to free blacks.As the Democrats ran opposition. Strom renounced his past after he joined the Republican party.Where`d ya get such drivel.

"[the proposition ’all men are created equal’] as now understood, has become the most false and dangerous of all political errors....We now begin to experience the danger of admitting so great an error to have a place in the declaration of independence." Calhoun turned the Democratic Party of Jefferson into the party of slavery.William Fulbright of Arkansas, Sam Ervin of North Carolina, and Albert Gore, father of Al, of Tennessee,all racists.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was pushed by more Republicans than demorats.Check the vote count.

You`re a demorat ? Pathetic Loser

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by white male in a little white sheet
    Robert KKK Byrd,"the Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia" and "in every state in the Union."

Comparing an ex-senator to the longest sitting senator,who`s still there
    Not that I care anymore about Byrd than the swine that you defend, but that quote is from the 1940's...and on a personal note, do you send your "olive-skinned GF" out for oxy... you know... like the way that your hero rush the junkie sent his maid to procure it?

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by white male in a little white sheet

Comparing an ex-senator to the longest sitting senator,who`s still there
    Not that I care anymore about Byrd than the swine that you defend, but that quote is from the 1940's...and on a personal note, do you send your "olive-skinned GF" out for oxy... you know... like the way that your hero rush the junkie sent his maid to procure it?
    The qoute was accurate. Using a dead man (Thurmond) to criticize is just plain vulgar,as you plainly expose yourself to be when frustrated for a cogent response.

YourCanadianDaddy, you are misstating the facts, but since Hannity always does, its understandable you would too.

More Democrats than Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights act.
    Here is the actual vote count. I checked, you should have.

The Senate Version:
    Democratic Party: 46-22
    Republican Party: 27-6

The Senate Version, voted on by the House:
    Democratic Party: 153-91
    Republican Party: 136-35

A greater percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil rights act than the percentage of Democrats, but that was because it was opposed by the Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats) who were Democrat in name only and Republican in action with their segregationist agenda.

Even the Republican right acknowlege that segregation was ended by liberal Democrats:
    "It was the liberal wing of the Democratic Party that ended Segregation"
    Newt Gingrich

Byrd renounced his ties to racism over 60 years ago and has worked tirelessly for equality his entire public life . Strom ran as a segregationist 20 years after Byrd had abandoned the Klan and Strom never really apologized. He may be dead, but the illegitimate daughter he had with a black mother, who was concealed in the shadows all her life until his death is still alive. His ongoing shameful actions towards her speak to his racism even louder than the absence of his words apologising for his past.

I'll give you a C- in history and a D- in math LOL

FK

lol @ them kkk pictures

New Orleans, no place like home.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    YourCanadianDaddy, you are misstating the facts, but since Hannity always does, its understandable you would too.

More Democrats than Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights act.
    Here is the actual vote count. I checked, you should have.

FK
    You`re as bold in your BS as you are in your pancake-makeup.Sourcing Wikipedia for truth is akin to asking Kerry for an honest answer as to why he shot rice in his ass,then put himself in for a purple heart.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act was an update of Republican Senator Charles Sumners 1875 Civil Rights Act. Democrat opposition had forced the Republicans to weaken their 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts, so Johnson warned Democrats in Congress that this time it was all or nothing. To ensure support from Republicans, he had to promise them that he would not accept any weakening of the bill and also that he would publicly credit the Party for its role in securing congressional approval. Johnson himself played no direct role in the legislative fight.

In the Senate, Minority Leader Republican Everett Dirksen had little trouble rounding up the votes of most Republicans, and former presidential candidate Richard Nixon also lobbied hard for the bill. Senate Majority Leader Michael Mansfield and Senator Hubert Humphrey led the Democrat drive for passage, while the chief opponents were Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, of later Watergate fame, Albert Gore Sr., and Robert Byrd. Senator Byrd, the Klansman whom Democrats still call "the conscience of the Senate", filibustered against the civil rights bill for fourteen straight hours before the final vote.23 Democrats and 6 Republicans opposed cloture in regards to the senate debate.

By your own numbers you`ve proven the democrats were more split than Republicans. In fact, since 1933, Republicans had a more positive record on civil rights than the Democrats. In the twenty-six major civil rights votes since 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 % of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 % of the votes.

The democrats were the majority in congress at the time therefore although more voted for the Republican 64 Act,more voted against it.More Republicans supported their own measure.

Newt was indeed correct,part of the democrat party had to be dragged into supporting and agreeing with Republicans to pass the 64 Act.You are correct.You`re party helped the Republicans.
    http://www.congresslink.org/print_ba...ghts64text.htm

The Republicans were the minority party,fighting your racist democrats.

...who were Democrat in name only and Republican in action with their segregationist agenda.
    That qoute,priceless in it`s insanity.It`s a keeper. Republican measures and efforts to pass the 64 CRA, were segregationist. From Lincoln to now,all were/are segregationist and the likes of Byrd,Wallace,Gore sr. were the party of equal rights.It`s official,you`re a moonbat.

Next time,try a little more research and true diligence at picking your words.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nx2koj_163.jpg 
Views:	841 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	41998  

Talk about picking your words carefully. You didn't talk splits or percentages or past history. You said, simply:
    Quote Originally Posted by yourcanadiandaddy
    The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was pushed by more Republicans than demorats.Check the vote count
    NO BS. More Democrats than Republicans voted for the Civil Rights act.

You either misstated or misrepresented what the reality was.

Then, scrambling to cover being called on it, you start namecalling with insults, try to impugn my source (which wasn't Wikipedia, for your information) without addressing its accuracy, start flinging irrelevant and incorrect crap about Kerry, and post a mean,and demeaning but meaningless picture of Hillary.

From your reference
    The specific source of the 1964 Civil Rights Act was the President of the United States. John Kennedy
    In addition to picking your words more carefully, you should take more care in picking your heros
    Fortified with a good rest, a steam bath and a sirloin steak, Sen. Strom Thurmond (search) talked against a 1957 civil rights bill for 24 hours and 18 minutes — longer than anyone has ever talked about anything in Congress.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90552,00.html
    I'm sure you have no problem with THAT source LOL

George H.W. "Poppy" Bush, running for the Senate in Texas in 1964, opposed the Civil Rights Act. The Republican party under his son is presently against gay rights.

Coretta Scott King: "I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King's dream to make room at the table of brotherhood and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people."

W's executive order set fire to the crosses of "faith based" organizations which can accept public funds and then refuse to employ persons because they are Jewish, Catholic, unmarried, gay or lesbian. W started his Presidential campaign at Bob Jones University, which bans interracial dating.

Ralph Reed owned up to the "sad record of religious conservatives on race.." saying "the greatest spark of the movement" was triggered by trying to cling to seggregation, admitting that his "faith community" was "on the wrong side of the most central cause of social justice in this century", namely racism. "The white evangelical community allowed our black brothers and sisters to be held in bondage and treated as second-class citizens for four centuries and we quoted scripture to justify it,"

"The right wing of the Republican Party has a long-standing record of using fear and bigotry to set Americans against each other for its own gain," said Matt Foreman, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. "It is supremely ironic and profoundly sad that this is the party of Lincoln, a party that once sought to unify a nation. It was a party in which 'freedom' was a principle, not an empty platitude espoused purely for political gain as is done so often by present-day Republican leaders."

It's not just a wild coincidence that the white voters of the South - once staunchly, unanimously Democrats - became Republicans when blacks were given the vote. Just like whites deserted the public schools after they were integrated; just like whites deserted the cities for the suburbs when blacks were guaranteed decent housing. The whites fled the Democratic Party when blacks joined
    Rheta Grimsley Johnso Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal

The Republican party used to be- "the party of Abraham Lincoln" but has become what Robert Scheer has called "the refuge of eternally aggrieved Southern racists"

FK