Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Article - “Transgender” is like a really extreme form of gay.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: Article - “Transgender” is like a really extreme form of gay.

First time I've ever visited vice.com
    Probably the last time!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

I turned gay back in 2003 just to be different, and although it upset my family, it wasn’t quite different enough, so I thought I’d get some surgery and shit to really fuck with everyone.
    I couldn't read the rest of the article after I read that. It sounds like it could be sarcastic, but if it isn't, wow. Just wow.

its supposed to be a joke..its written by a trans journalist/activist.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

It can surely be either a stupid joke... or written by someone who is stupidily ill-informed.

“Transgender” is like a really extreme form of gay. I turned gay back in 2003 just to be different, and although it upset my family, it wasn’t quite different enough, so I thought I’d get some surgery and shit to really fuck with everyone. "

I mean - "turned gay to be different... get some surgery and shit to really fuck with everyone."

Quote Originally Posted by rydermorrison View Post
    its supposed to be a joke..its written by a trans journalist/activist.
    I figured as much. It just seems like she's trying to drive more site traffic to her article by employing troll tactics though.

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Article - “Transgender” is like a really extreme form of gay.

It seems really unlike anything I'd expect from Paris Lees. I'll assume that it's full on tongue in cheek

Last edited by Castor_Troy05; 11-19-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

She’s obviously being sarcastic for people who still don’t have a clue as to what transgenderism is; she talks as if everybody should know -and indeed by now, they should! It’s in fact cynicism. I found the article rather funny. These quotations should convince us that it is indeed the intention, here: “Though genital surgery is an important part of many people’s transitions, it’s really just a private medical matter. I wouldn't ask you if you're circumcised, or if your vagina is an innie or an outie. If you ask someone about their cock, you’re a cock.” Or this: “Drag is a gateway drug, kids. So be careful when you’re planning your next hilarious shenanigans. One minute you’re having the time of your life, dancing around in a cheap party wig; the next you're snorting estrogen off the back of a toilet seat. Seriously, it happened to me. » Or either this : « All transvestites (i.e., cross-dressers) have their mother’s dead bodies locked up in a wardrobe right next to all their fancy skirts and blouses. FACT. If transvestites can’t face talking to mother that day, they just murder some women and make clothes out of the skin, like Silence of the Lambs. They also eat dead babies, which they snatch from cradles with their big man hands and witch claws.”

And you see how really serious she is when you read this : « Everything Is So Fucking Hard, Even Buying Milk and Snickers Bars and Chewing Gum. Let’s face it, life is tough. And everything’s worse when you’re trans. EVERYTHING. If you don't believe me, fellas, try cross-dressing and heading out to work. On the subway. Followed by dinner. If you're lucky, you'll just get laughed at all day. If you're unlucky, maybe you'll get raped or beaten or murdered. Maybe all three, as is way, WAY too common for those of us who don't "pass." Statistically, trans-folk are way likelier to be homeless, sex workers, mentally ill, and to commit suicide, too. Which is a pretty big bummer. »

On the contrary, it seems to me that, because of its tone, it’s an excellent article, witted, funny, cynical and sour at the same time, giving maybe more information than a simple, common article on the subject would have. It’s full of emotions and pain, insights on the life of t-women and what they have to go through. There are layers or levels of meaning in it; it seems very intelligently written to me. I loved it. Very bright and moving piece...

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by danthepoetman; 11-19-2012 at 08:10 PM.

i loved it.. i really didnt expect any one would misinterpret it...

Junior Member Rookie Poster Taylor25's Avatar

Quite an interesting reading, she could write something about the topic of "If a guy likes transsexual girl, He must be gay". It keeps me surprised how stubborn and narrow-minded people can be nowdays and that they talk this crap even on television. Few weeks ago I saw a programme where some mr smarty pants told that if a guy likes tgirl, he likes her because of the penis in fact and the femine part of the tgirl is only a "tool" to deny his own homosexuality etc.
    So if I like good lookin' tgirl like for example Ryder here that makes me gay? Well I don't feel gay, I don't drive to work every day looking at guys and thinking about banging them and I should be according to that crap, because deep inside my mind everything I want is just a penis.