Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default GREEK WEDDING: A Mastercard moment!

You gotta love this guy! This is a true story about a recent Greek wedding that took place in Astoria, NY. It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it It was a large wedding with about 600 guests...

At the reception after the wedding, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd. He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from Greece, to support them at their wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception.

As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party, was an envelope. He said this was his gift to
    everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his new bride having sex with the best man. The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them. After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here. You people could stay here and celebrate with that PUTANA."

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning. While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge: Making the bride's parents pay over $92,000 for a 600 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 600 friends and family members. This guy has balls the size of church bells. Do you think we might get a MasterCard "priceless" Commercial out of this ?

Let's give it a try...

---Elegant wedding reception for 600 family members and

friends.........$92,000.

---Wedding photographs commemorating the

occasion.....$4,000.

---Deluxe two week honeymoon accommodations on

Mykonos Island....$8,500.

---The look on everyone's face when they see the 8x10

glossy of the bride and

the best man having sex..........Priceless!

There are some things money can't buy,

for everything else there's MASTERCARD.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Junior Poster

Default Great story, but...

I suspect an urban myth. I heard a variation on this late last year, and at least one other version earlier than that. And I live in Australia - so it's spread that far!

Default Re: Great story, but...

Quote Originally Posted by SidChromeAU
    I suspect an urban myth. I heard a variation on this late last year, and at least one other version earlier than that. And I live in Australia - so it's spread that far!
    LOL. Such a downer from a man from down under. You need more seratonin mate! LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

sorry girl, but the story has boomeranged on you

http://www.snopes.com/weddings/embarrass/bothered.asp

Its an urban myth, and has been around for many years

FK

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    sorry girl, but the story has boomeranged on you

FK
    Yeah I hear you. I just thought it was one funny story (a friend forwarded to my inbox). LOL.

~Kisses.

HTG

Rookie Poster

that is what google is for
    all you have to do is type in
    "hoax" and something close to
    what you are looking for.
    google will find it.

You get what you go after!

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFriend
    that is what google is for
    all you have to do is type in
    "hoax" and something close to
    what you are looking for.
    google will find it.
    Unfortunately, when I get forwarded emails from friends and they're jokes or whatnot..If I find them funny Id try to share a laugh with people (The intent was well meaning).

I just dont have a habit of google-ing them like *some do Friendlyfriend. And hows a girl to know its a hoax in the first place? Reading the whole story to me was believable (Not knowing of the earlier versions ofcourse).

~Kisses.

HTG

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

wasn't there an episode of Miss Match that followed this almost to the letter ?

Here Ive googled the source since you asked Friendlyfriend. I guess it happened then or why would it even be mentioned at the Jay Leno Show? This was posted on a Greek forum sometime October of lastyear:

Cached URL link:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=6

Besides its a good laugh wether its an Urban Myth or not.

~Kisses.

HTG

Professional Poster

Now that was funny - I love it!!!!!