Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

YourCanadianDaddy you keep trying to put the baby in with the bathwater. Not one Democrat took money from Jack Abramoff. Not one. You conveniently keep glossing over that fact, by referring to "Abrahmoff and affiliates" when it was only by affiliates ie clients. Never by Jack. Political contributions are legal. Political Payola is not. Abramoff and his lieutenants have been indicted, plead guilty and been sentenced. His affiliates, and clients have not.

If you want to talk about affiliations, Jack was very closely affiliated with Tom Delay, and with Bush and with the national Republican party. I'd put up a list of Republicans who took money from those "affiliates" but it would be easier to say who didn't

No one.

As far as Frist goes, his "blind trust" had remarkable foresight to sell off the holdings he had never been conflcited about before the stock was set to take a bath. You may think he is squeaky clean on that, but the SEC doesn't.

Deflections? You are the one who trying to deflect attention away from the rotten core of the Republcan leadership apple, through one minor Democrat's legal problems. Delay, Ney, Frist, Libby Rove versus one Congresswoman? Its apples and oranges, there is no comparison. And your list of Democrats in trouble? I saw something from 2 decades ago, fines, FEC problems and a complaint by a Republican Watchdog group. I didn't see how any were going to the big house to do serious time after they cooperated in the ongoing investigation. They are after bigger fish, not the minnows you listed.

Sorry Charlie, I appealed your grade to the principal and he gave me a B+ LOL

FK

Rookie Poster

Default now I know what to do

They got a building down New York City, it's called Whitehall Street,
    where you walk in, you get injected, inspected, detected, infected,
    neglected and selected. I went down to get my physical examination one
    day, and I walked in, I sat down, got good and drunk the night before, so
    I looked and felt my best when I went in that morning. `Cause I wanted to look like the all-American kid from New York City, man I wanted, I wanted to feel like the all-, I wanted to be the all American kid from New York, and I walked in, sat down, I was hung down, brung down, hung up, and all kinds o' mean nasty ugly things. And I waked in and sat down and they gave me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the phsychiatrist, room 604."

And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
    wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
    guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
    KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and
    he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
    yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,
    sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

You get what you go after!

Interesting article from Molly Ivins >> here. <<

The second half explains why Delay is such an evil person. I'm not saying he's not a Christian, I'm just saying that he's really bad at being one.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Somebody's Canadian Daddy (not mine) wrote:

Now for my list of demorats on the take from Abramoff and affiliates:

actually the word "and" in the above quote is logically incorrect, the list would be empty. Obviously you meant "or". Never-the-less the list does provoke a couple of questions:

why did Abramoff launder his bribes to the democrates through affiliates? Why did he bribe all of the republicans direct? He must've be part of vast liberal conspiracy out to sting the poor innocent neocon law-brakers (oops! makers). Looks like it worked.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    YourCanadianDaddy you keep trying to put the baby in with the bathwater. Not one Democrat took money from Jack Abramoff. Not one. You conveniently keep glossing over that fact, by referring to "Abrahmoff and affiliates" when it was only by affiliates ie clients. Never by Jack. Political contributions are legal. Political Payola is not. Abramoff and his lieutenants have been indicted, plead guilty and been sentenced. His affiliates, and clients have not.

If you want to talk about affiliations, Jack was very closely affiliated with Tom Delay

FK
    There`s a whiff of desperation in your words.In fact,the odor is as thick as the pancake makeup you paste on your face.

Perhaps even the Washington Post is wrong:

Who Is Team Abramoff?
    The following individuals lobbied for tribal clients of Jack Abramoff and, along with some of their spouses, contributed money to politicians.

Name Spouse Background
    Edward P. Ayoob former aide to Sen. Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.)
    Amy F. Berger former aide to Sen. John D. Rockefeller IV (D-W.Va.)
    Diane J. Blagman former chief of staff to former Rep. Bob Carr (D-Mich.)
    Todd A. Boulanger Jessica Insib former aide to former Sen. Robert C. Smith (R-N.H.)
    Will Brooke former aide to Sen. Conrad Burns (R-Mont.)
    Linsey Crisler
    Duane R. Gibson former aide to Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska)
    Shana Tesler Hook Samuel Hook former Clinton White House official
    James Forrest Miller
    Brigham Pierce former aide to former Rep. Jim Santini (R-Nev.)
    Ronald L. Platt former aide to former Sen. Lloyd M. Bentsen (D-Tex.)
    Kevin Ring Kerrie A. Ring former aide to Rep. John T. Doolittle (R-Calif.)
    Sara Rizzo
    Tony Rudy Lisa Rudy former aide to Rep. Tom DeLay (R-Tex.)
    Stephanie Leger Short former aide to former Sen. John Breaux (D-La.)
    Alan Slomowitz former aide to former Rep. Robert A. Borski (D-Pa.)
    Michael D. Smith worked for Gore-Lieberman 2000 campaign
    Shawn M. Vasell former aide to Burns
    Neil Volz former chief of staff to Rep. Robert W. Ney (R-Ohio)
    Michael E. Williams Victoria Williams former NRA lobbyist
    Padgett R. Wilson former aide to former Sen. Paul Coverdell (R-Ga.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121200434.html

Jack Abramoff has advised friends that he has no derogatory information about former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay .
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...de_report.html

Quote Originally Posted by yourcanadiandaddy
    In fact,the odor is as thick as the pancake makeup you paste on your face
    when it devolves into personal attacks, it means you lose on the merits. Abramoff had a team, but only its captain and his lieutentants have been indicted, convicted and sentenced. Barry Bonds may be cheating with steroids, but that doesn't implicate the entire Giant's team.

Delay is resigning in disgrace and facing a criminal jury trial in Texas soon enough. But as far as the rest of the corrupt Republicans:

Abramoff has not given a clean bill of health to any other congressman -- including Rep. Robert Ney, who has stepped down as chairman of the House
    Thats from your own source, by the way. The only thing thick here is the irony.

FK

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Quote Originally Posted by yourcanadiandaddy
    In fact,the odor is as thick as the pancake makeup you paste on your face
    when it devolves into personal attacks, it means you lose on the merits. Abramoff had a team, but only its captain and his lieutentants have been indicted, convicted and sentenced. Barry Bonds may be cheating with steroids, but that doesn't implicate the entire Giant's team.

FK
    YourCanadianDaddy
    Can`t say I warned you once.

Down to business.You just don`t seem to catch the subtleness of my argument,so i`m obviously going to have to explain it to the oblivious.

"It`s not the seriousness of the crime,it`s the seriousness of the charges being leveled and made" is the mantra of the radical left. The left`s moral equivalency rule is being used here,aka the Micheal Moore rule,aka the Ward Churchill,the WTC workers were not innocent victims, rule.

So by the left`s very own standards I can brand any leftist,or anyone else, who even took a penny from Abrimoff & associates as guilty,morally corrupt, and ethically challenged.

Democrats call off rally McKinney was to attend

Days ago, Cynthia McKinney was a heroine to local Democrats because she was standing up for disenfranchised voters everywhere.

The controversial congresswoman from Georgia was even worthy of taking center stage at a rally at one of area's most identifiable events: the Sarasota Film Festival.

But that was before McKinney was accused of striking a Capitol police officer and became this week's target for late-night comedians.

Now, Democrats are doing everything they can to distance themselves from McKinney, including canceling the rally.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...NEWS/604080345

Oi Vai
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMaleInTheWhiteSheet
    Down to business.You just don`t seem to catch the subtleness of my argument,so i`m obviously going to have to explain it to the oblivious.
    No, maybe you didn't understand the subtleness of Ms. Katt's argument, WhiteMaleOblivious...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subtle_189.jpg 
Views:	1225 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	42087  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

And if it hasn't dawned on you yet, you are now-

Name:	owned_163.jpg 
Views:	1220 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	42088  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMaleInTheWhiteSheet
    No, maybe you didn't understand the subtleness of Ms. Katt's argument, WhiteMaleOblivious...
    when it devolves into personal attacks, it means you lose on the merits...yourcnanadiandaddy
    Ah,the intellectual midget chimes in. The ad hominem attack in substitute of any rational argument.Well done yet again.

Name:	cash1a0_150.jpg 
Views:	1212 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	42091