Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default McKinney's Softened Image Takes a Blow(DemsGoneWild)

04-05) 14:37 PDT ATLANTA, (AP) --

When Rep. Cynthia McKinney returned to Congress in 2004, friends and foes saw a quieter, more amiable version of the lawmaker who once suggested the Bush White House had prior knowledge of the Sept. 11 attacks.

But now, as she aggressively defends herself for scuffling with a Capitol police officer, it is clear the makeover didn't last long.

"She's brought back the old Cynthia," said Merle Black, a political scientist at Emory University. "There won't be any more news stories about `the new Cynthia McKinney.'"

In 1992, McKinney became the first black woman elected to Congress from Georgia. Known early on mostly for her flashy fashions, including braids and gold tennis shoes, McKinney had a brash style that made her a target for conservatives and an embarrassment to some of her more moderate Democratic colleagues.

She once said that former Vice President Al Gore had a low "Negro tolerance level" and that officials in the Bush administration had advance knowledge of the Sept. 11 attacks but kept quiet to allow friends to profit from the bloodshed.

She denounced New York Mayor Rudolph Guiliani for refusing a $10 million donation from a Saudi prince for the families of Sept. 11 victims. She has been criticized for her outspoken support of the Palestinian cause in Israel. In 1996, her father, longtime state lawmaker Billy McKinney, called her Republican opponent a "racist Jew."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...a143711D90.DTL

D.C. GRAND JURY CONVENED in Cynthia McKinney Matter
    Fox News Alert | 4-5-06 | John Gibson/ FNC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mckinney_491.gif 
Views:	5320 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	41719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mckinney_racecard_181.gif 
Views:	5320 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	41720  

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Welcome back YourDaddy.
    We've missed you.

seanchai

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Welcome back YourDaddy.
    We've missed you.

seanchai
    you took the words right out of my mouth... ...when one door closes, another one opens...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Welcome back YourDaddy.
    We've missed you.

seanchai
    Would the San Francisco Gate lie !? Besides,we all know its " da Jooz" who`s to blame for everything. If only there were a final solution of some sort.

Who needs political hack Ronnie Earl and 6 grand juries before finally, FINALLY indicting someone on charges which were,at the time,perfectly legal:

Grand Jury to Hear McKinney Case

MSNBC reported late Wednesday afternoon that a grand jury would hear evidence against Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-4th Ga.) on Thursday.

No word is available on how soon a warrant may be issued against McKinney.

The Washington Post reports Capitol police want McKinney prosecuted on a misdemeanor charge of assaulting a police officer. The fourth district congresswoman has said she's a victim of racial profiling and insists she struck the officer after he touched her inappropriately.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=78266

I found her pin. I put it up for bids on Ebay since Cindy obviously thinks she`s above the law and Dems want to run on the national security issue
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Junior Poster

I would be all for Mckinney being arrested and put in jail, but lest we forget that VP Cheney literally shot a man and law enforcement did nothing in there power to pursue any charges against him.

Rookie Poster

Default mistake

Come on!, Cheney Realy thought his attorney friend was a deer at least his excuse was belivable (toungue in cheak) No way you can expect the capitol police to belive she was a congresswomen.

Quote Originally Posted by willib
    I would be all for Mckinney being arrested and put in jail, but lest we forget that VP Cheney literally shot a man and law enforcement did nothing in there power to pursue any charges against him.
    Much like Cheney, Mckinney is a complete idiot and always has been. How about throwing them both in jail and calling it a day? I know I would feel a hell of a lot better.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Default question

what would happen if you or I hit a capitol police officer with our cell phone while we were cutting the line into the capitol, how would the excuse of "they should have known who I was" have flown (although many of the girls on this site could have pulled it off! )

Rookie Poster

Default bad idea

You suggest that they should both go to jail, you know they will be made cell mates and it will become the next realaity tv show that we will all be forced to watch for the next 18 weeks. (how do we vote?)

Junior Poster

Yea Cheney and Mckinney should both share a cell with Bubba, LOL