Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: Who Else Has A Shitty Mailman?

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Move to the UK. I live in a small village where the postman is an old friend who comes in for a coffee when he's finished his round, or we go to the pub.
    Hey Robert, thanks for responding. I was wanting to know how it is in your country. The place where you live always sounds nice. You said something jokingly about the worst riot was when the Pinot Gris suddenly got marked up. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Hey Robert, thanks for responding. I was wanting to know how it is in your country. The place where you live always sounds nice. You said something jokingly about the worst riot was when the Pinot Gris suddenly got marked up. Something like that.
    That's right. They put the price up by 10p a glass in the pub and the whole bar shrugged at the same time, then slowly shook their heads before going back to discussing the weather.

People still talk about it three years on in very hushed tones.....

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

The mailman who does my neighborhood route is great. Mail comes at the same time every day like clockwork, and he's a nice guy as well. However, at the local Post Office, there is one clerk named Donna, who is the absolute worst. There are a few less than stellar clerks at this office, but she takes the cake. She is the most lackadaisical, unfriendly, mean, nasty, rotten cunt to ever hold a job anywhere. And everyone in town knows it. I've seen people who have been waiting in a long line let the person behind them go ahead of them, and wait even longer, just so they didn't have to go to this woman's window...more than once. I once saw the first three people in line decline to be waited on by her, so she just put her sign up and left the counter. There was an audible sigh of relief in the lobby. I don't know how this woman is allowed to keep her job. Now, if I have to go to the Post Office, I go to the one in the next town over. Nicer clerks and much better service.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    That's right. They put the price up by 10p a glass in the pub and the whole bar shrugged at the same time, then slowly shook their heads before going back to discussing the weather.

People still talk about it three years on in very hushed tones.....
    I probably botched it a bit but that was a good story. It gave me a real image of where you live. Sounds pleasant and, in many ways, the opposite of the chaotic lawlessness in LA. I know I belong here but I've always wanted to visit your country.

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

I sometimes get mail intended for recipients up to 5 blocks away. So, yeah, I guess my mailman is fairly shitty.

Freudian Slip Platinum Poster Wendy Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I probably botched it a bit but that was a good story. It gave me a real image of where you live. Sounds pleasant and, in many ways, the opposite of the chaotic lawlessness in LA. I know I belong here but I've always wanted to visit your country.
    You sound so sure they'd let you in.

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow View Post
    I sometimes get mail intended for recipients up to 5 blocks away. So, yeah, I guess my mailman is fairly shitty.
    You know what's weird? I deliver mail to people who have no idea who I am. I'm a large male and these crazy neighborhood housewives just open the door to me without concern. Ted Bundy would make a real killing with these Whole Foods Zombies. Brown hair parted in the middle and everything.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I never get mail on friday. NEVER. Reasons are as obvious as they’re mysterious… HuH?? well, mysterious but easy to guess. Still better than something like this…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PonyExpress-316.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	525471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afpony.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	525472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-Pony_Express_Poster.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	525473   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r_i.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	525474  

When I get something that won't fit into the mailbox, the bastard I have just fills out one of those slips to pick it up at the office instead of checking to see if I'm home first. Almost every time I know something like that is getting delivered I find a way to get out of work and am waiting for the package to arrive, only to find the slip in my mailbox later that day and not being able to pick the package up until the next day. He's pissed me off so much that I took the time to report him for the BS he pulls.

"If you don't know, I'm not gonna tell ya" - DSII & DK

Rookie Poster

My mailman is also a disaster. Literally half of the mail that I receive is not mine and he will skip our block at least one day per month. If you park a car in front of your box so that he has to get out of his truck, he is very likely to miss your house much more frequently. When I first moved to this house, I did that a few times, and surprise, no mail.

Too bad too, I'm an a really good tipper.