Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster MHarrigan82's Avatar

Default Re: When should I tell my family my girlfriend is transsexual.

Quote Originally Posted by princesa View Post
    there are ways to help her voice. I changed mine a LOT!

are you in Houston?
    No I live in the Dallas area. What technique did you use to change your voice?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

Do you look like the straight Christian boy, or more trendy? Is your relationship now with him still father - son or between adults. If she doesn't meet them this time, it might be good to just loosen up your dad a bit. An alternate is talking to your mom if she is more accepting. I mean in the general as "some of my friends are GLBT and they are actually quite good persons. I don't understand why you condemn them so."

Are your parents out just for Thanksgiving or for several days, if so a short meeting for lunch over the following weekend might be good. There is zero reason to bring up orientation, just let them see for themselves why she makes you so happy.

mixing my head voice into my regular voice to make it lighter.

she basically needs to just practice not talking so loudly and taking time to speak clearly and more softly. That alone makes a big difference. If she focuses on keeping her voice softer and thinks lighter, it helps too.

A good example of head voice is when you ask "hmmm?" in a question. That higher feeling, and where you place it in your voice is your head voice.

Rookie Poster

i think it depends on a lot of things, if this is the lifestyle for you for sure, if it is, i would just come on out. if something ever happened down the road between you and the girl, she could really get revenge on you! something to think about,. if you also are into regular woman, then it might be worth the gamble not to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlplace View Post
    i think it depends on a lot of things, if this is the lifestyle for you for sure, if it is, i would just come on out. if something ever happened down the road between you and the girl, she could really get revenge on you! something to think about,. if you also are into regular woman, then it might be worth the gamble not to tell them.
    I like all girls genetic and transgender. She is my first transgirlfriend. I will date a gg again if we break up.

Quote Originally Posted by AcadiaVeneer View Post
    I meet people everyday and I don't tell them I am transsexual. Do you tell everyone you meet that your Biologically male? This should not be an issue. You should not have to tell your parents your gf is trans. Simply introducing them to her seems more appropriate. When I meet someone and they know prior to me meeting them that I am TS, they tend to view me differently then if they find out after they have gotten to know me. If it is a issue of being passable, then you have a choice to make but don't be blind to the pain she has gone through to be herself, the person you love... it's only fair you shoulder some of that and if your not strong enough to deal with the hate and discontent of your parents then you don't deserve her.
    I think this is the best answer and closest to what I would have given. Let them meet her. Then take it from there. There is no rush... but it does seem as if (from your op) that you're identifying as homosexual ... which you need address yourself. Good Luck

Member Rookie Poster

I'm in the fourth year of a relationship with a transgendered girl. It was my first with a TG too. You have many obstacles to overcome in the months and years ahead. Take each one as it comes. I agree with those that say you don't have to make an issue of it. You introduce her as Cynthia. That's it. No more explanations are required. If you started dating, for example, a black girl (I'm assuming you are white), would you say "This is my girlfriend, and oh, by the way, she's black". I think not. People will either accept or not, and you don't have to lose sleep worrying about what they will say and think. You do what is right for you and your girl, and if the love is strong, the relationship will endure

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Genetic's Avatar

MHarrigan, isn't this a reworded version of the exact same question you asked 3 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    how can you really say you love a person if you are embarrassed or so worry about how everyone else will treat you for loving them?
    It's called common sense. They've only been together for 5 months so it makes sense to not alienate himself from his family for what is, right now, a new relationship. I think MHarrigan is taking a sensible approach to this in that he knows that he loves this girl and is prepared to take the shitstorm from his family but he doesn't want it to be over nothing.

Fact is though relationships can eventually fail no matter how long, so my advice to OP is to stop worrying about it and deal with it when it happens. They won't presume that she is a man necessarily when they do meet her, so stop worrying.

Junior Poster

You should keep it in secret till your death. This is your own personal business and not the business of the whole family or of the whole district.

Quote Originally Posted by Avers View Post
    You should keep it in secret till your death. This is your own personal business and not the business of the whole family or of the whole district.
    I like your advise Avers.