Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster MHarrigan82's Avatar

Default When should I tell my family my girlfriend is transsexual.

I have been dating my current girlfriend who is a transsexual for 5 months now. My girlfriend does not want to meet my family who is going to visit me for thanksgiving. I only see my folks like twice a year. I will not be going home for christmas this year due to work. I told my parents that my girlfriend is going back home for thanksgiving which is the truth. My parents are super religious and very homophobic. My Dad which I love loves to make fun of homosexual people and it does piss me off a great deal. How can you be christian and hate another group of people. Jesus loved all groups of people. I really love this girl and will have to tell them eventually. I hate that I am going to have to make a choice do person that I love or family. I feel I should not tell them unless me and Cynthia gets engaged. I would love to get you guys opinion.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

Default Re: When should I tell my family my girlfriend is transsexual.

when your girlfriend decides she is ready for you to tell them

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

DaNcE YoUr CaReS aWaY Junior Poster AcadiaVeneer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MHarrigan82 View Post
    I have been dating my current girlfriend who is a transsexual for 5 months now. My girlfriend does not want to meet my family who is going to visit me for thanksgiving. I only see my folks like twice a year. I will not be going home for christmas this year due to work. I told my parents that my girlfriend is going back home for thanksgiving which is the truth. My parents are super religious and very homophobic. My Dad which I love loves to make fun of homosexual people and it does piss me off a great deal. How can you be christian and hate another group of people. Jesus loved all groups of people. I really love this girl and will have to tell them eventually. I hate that I am going to have to make a choice do person that I love or family. I feel I should not tell them unless me and Cynthia gets engaged. I would love to get you guys opinion.

I meet people everyday and I don't tell them I am transsexual. Do you tell everyone you meet that your Biologically male? This should not be an issue. You should not have to tell your parents your gf is trans. Simply introducing them to her seems more appropriate. When I meet someone and they know prior to me meeting them that I am TS, they tend to view me differently then if they find out after they have gotten to know me. If it is a issue of being passable, then you have a choice to make but don't be blind to the pain she has gone through to be herself, the person you love... it's only fair you shoulder some of that and if your not strong enough to deal with the hate and discontent of your parents then you don't deserve her.

5 out of 6 members liked this post.
    SeXxI, FuNnI, BaCkWoOdS BuNnI!

The Voluptuous Diva 5 Star Poster TSMichelleAustin's Avatar

I never told my husbands family, and I spent holidays and events with them. Eventually it came out because of talking about my past but I never brought it out the minute I met them. They treat me no different.

Senior Member Silver Poster

when ur both ready.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

I would not tell them or make an issue of it.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

I've been with my girl three years now and while we've told people, it's always been on an if asked basis. I don't see why people feel the need to blurt it out to everyone

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

just wait till they ask but why doesn't your girlfriend want to meet your family? is it just because it is bad timing with the holiday or does she not want to meet them at anytime/

You're probably going to have to make introductions at some point or another. I agree with most everybody here, though. You shouldn't introduce her as a transsexual. That would be pretty awkward if you haven't taken past GG girlfriends to your parents and introduced them the same way; "This is my girlfriend. She's a genetic female". lol.

If you're anticipating a backlash of homophobia, what difference will it make if you introduce your girlfriend to your parents this year, next year, or in the years to come? You've already dashed their opinions by dating her in the first place, so I imagine you already know who's side you're taking, right?

The Voluptuous Diva 5 Star Poster TSMichelleAustin's Avatar

And most people dont even know what a transssexual is! So blurting it out sometimes is like an issue of hundred questions!