Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: Good Day for Queer Stoners in WA state

I don't have anything against pot per se, but when you think about the violence associated with the drug trade in places like Mexico and that terrorist organizations are huge players, it makes you think...

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    I always thought it'd be a cold day in hell if Washington ever passed marijuana decriminalization or same-sex marriage before Oregon. I always figured that California would lead the way, Oregon would follow suit, and Washington would be third-in-line, but I stand corrected.
    Well, you did lead on assisted suicide. I guess Washington got tired of following.

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    I don't have anything against pot per se, but when you think about the violence associated with the drug trade in places like Mexico and that terrorist organizations are huge players, it makes you think...
    The drug cartels and gangs are fighting a turf war. Much like Al Capone did during prohibition.
    Legalize it, treat it as a medical problem... and the violence would disappear.
    It's a sensible approach to take. And, too, as Gary Johnson pointed out: the most cost-effective.
    The late journalist Alexander Cockburn pointed out that the so-called drug war is about social control and why would any government want to give that up.
    Ron Paul is very good on this issue. I disagree with a lot of Paul's positions. But he's right about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    The drug cartels and gangs are fighting a turf war. Much like Al Capone did during prohibition.
    Legalize it, treat it as a medical problem... and the violence would disappear.
    It's a sensible approach to take. And, too, as Gary Johnson pointed out: the most cost-effective.
    The late journalist Alexander Cockburn pointed out that the so-called drug war is about social control and why would any government want to give that up.
    Ron Paul is very good on this issue. I disagree with a lot of Paul's positions. But he's right about this one.

Makes sense to me...in the meantime, buy from local growers!

If a guy marries a TG, is that a same sex marriage? I wouldn't think so...
    Depends on if it is a MTF or FTM and where they are in there transition (pre-op/post-op).

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessAthena85 View Post
    It's exciting. Washington is one of my favorite states, and has some truely stunning places and now it just got better.

Come on up and see me

Quote Originally Posted by DeliaTS View Post
    Depends on if it is a MTF or FTM and where they are in there transition (pre-op/post-op).
    Don't TG's consider themselves to be women whether they've fully transitioned or not?

Don't TG's consider themselves to be women whether they've fully transitioned or not?
    I think of TG as an umbrella term that includes crossdressers, drag queens/kings and transmen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliaTS View Post
    I think of TG as an umbrella term that includes crossdressers, drag queens/kings and transmen.
    All this terminology can be a bit confusing so let me ask you...you're TS, didn't you always think of yourself as a woman?

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

When's the wedding then Delia? And will there be hash brownies at the reception?

You'll have to install checkpoints around the border and have patrols with guns to keep stoners out and smugglers in. I wonder if they'll refuse to let visitors partake (in the way that Amsterdam now limits consumption of cannabis to locals. Visitors used to be able to enjoy it at the clubs like the Paradisio)

Senior Member Platinum Poster

All this terminology can be a bit confusing so let me ask you...you're TS, didn't you always think of yourself as a woman?
    I don’t want to jump over an answer lovely Delia could give you, Nysprod. But you have to be careful not to confuse ts with tg, transsexual with transgender. As Delia was saying, transgender is a very general term which tend to put many different activities and fetishism within its meaning. Essentially, it refer to anyone who’s transiting from one sex to the other, breaking in some way the traditional limits between one and the other. Transsexual can include themselves in it; but they can also choose not too, as who they are is a result of a particular condition. You were right to point out its nature: a transsexual woman is a woman, it’s a biologically determined identity to the sex opposite to the genetic sex born with. Transgender is therefore a general, very wide and imprecise term, and transsexual on the contrary, defines something very precise.