Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: Good Day for Queer Stoners in WA state

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    I don’t want to jump over an answer lovely Delia could give you, Nysprod. But you have to be careful not to confuse ts with tg, transsexual with transgender.
    Dan, I was trying to make the point that a man marrying a TSGirl isn't a same sex marriage...or shouldn't be considered one...

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Well, it depends. Many t-women do have their legal change of gender status from courts, and therefore can marry normally. But indeed, such laws will make it easier to marry whether they do or don’t. This being said, it’s important for most tgirls, in my opinion, to legally change their status from masculine to feminine anyways; it's a matter of identity, nothwithstanding what it means for marriage. But I’ll let them answer you on their own…

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    I don't have anything against pot per se, but when you think about the violence associated with the drug trade in places like Mexico and that terrorist organizations are huge players, it makes you think...
    Depends on where you live. Where I'm from, it's entirely avoidable as I only buy off of local growers or people supplied by them. If that Mexican weed is higher quality than local grow or if it's the only thing around, I can understand your point. Not all potheads are as discerning as I am and many of them don't care where their weed comes from so long as it's around and it gets them high.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    When's the wedding then Delia? And will there be hash brownies at the reception?

You'll have to install checkpoints around the border and have patrols with guns to keep stoners out and smugglers in. I wonder if they'll refuse to let visitors partake (in the way that Amsterdam now limits consumption of cannabis to locals. Visitors used to be able to enjoy it at the clubs like the Paradisio)
    It's going to be interesting to see how it all develops. We have already had issues with the increased boarder patrol presence and medical marijuana laws. I imagine there will be increased instances with state and federal laws clashing.

I don’t want to jump over an answer lovely Delia could give you, Nysprod. But you have to be careful not to confuse ts with tg, transsexual with transgender. As Delia was saying, transgender is a very general term which tend to put many different activities and fetishism within its meaning. Essentially, it refer to anyone who’s transiting from one sex to the other, breaking in some way the traditional limits between one and the other. Transsexual can include themselves in it; but they can also choose not too, as who they are is a result of a particular condition. You were right to point out its nature: a transsexual woman is a woman, it’s a biologically determined identity to the sex opposite to the genetic sex born with. Transgender is therefore a general, very wide and imprecise term, and transsexual on the contrary, defines something very precise.
    Well, it depends. Many t-women do have their legal change of gender status from courts, and therefore can marry normally. But indeed, such laws will make it easier to marry whether they do or don’t. This being said, it’s important for most tgirls, in my opinion, to legally change their status from masculine to feminine anyways; it's a matter of identity, nothwithstanding what it means for marriage. But I’ll let them answer you on their own…
    Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    All this terminology can be a bit confusing so let me ask you...you're TS, didn't you always think of yourself as a woman?
    Thanks Dan for the more lengthy explanation. It doesn't really matter what I think of myself as when it comes to legal matters such as marriage. For instance after going through all the documentation changes I can at this point in my transition, the state of Washington recognizes me as a female and my drivers license has an F on it. But since I was designated a male at birth the federal government requires a letter from a qualified surgeon that I have had GRS (genital reconstructive surgery) in order to change my designation on any federal documentation to female even though I have been able to legally change my name at the federal level. So if I wanted to get a passport it would have my female name with a male designation.

So basically before the same sex marriage law I could have legally married a guy in the state of Washington. But if it was ever contested at a federal level there would be an issue.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by DeliaTS; 11-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Another thing we need to do: shift to hemp...

As US states legalize marijuana, is this the end of the drug war?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...lise-marijuana

DEA Agent Says He Was Told Not To Enforce Drug Laws In White Areas:

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/...ite_areas.html

Administration Weighs Legal Action Against States That Legalized Marijuana Use:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us...ling.html?_r=0