Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: What's Next for the Republican Party?

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    It is quite unbelievable that Patrick Buchanan has been a mainstream commentator in American politics for as long as he has. His focus on the right kind of Americans and his obvious consideration of blacks, hispanics, jews et al over the years as the wrong kind has lost all of its subtlety.

I think Buchanan does not really take into account the potential for Hispanics not to vote in their existing patterns if Republicans stopped taking such a persecutory tone with them. I recall very well Proposition 187 in California during the 1990's when Republicans were trying to turn Hispanics into suspects for deportation. If I remember this I can only imagine that Mexican-American voters in the Southwest will take a while to forgive them.

I also think Robert Reich has it right. If the Republicans play to their base any more, they will not provide enough cover for those who want to present themselves as respectable Republicans.
    I think you are right, Bronocfan, if there is a debate to be had about the Hispanic communities, Buchanan isn't contibuting anything positive to it; it seems hard to believe that you attract voters through attacks on other Americans. If there has to be a debate about immigration policy, it should be about what it means rather than who it selects to be 'afraid' of. It also reinforces a belied that 'white America' is being eclipsed by 'the others' as if the whole concept of America could only be understood in terms of colour.
    If the demographic trends are right, then the opportunity to develop a strong voter base in Hispanic communities must be tempting, and it is odd that as we are told many of them are 'natural conservatives' it is even more important for the GOP to act on it, if it gets its act together at all. What do you think are the key issues over the next 4 years-would a rapprochement with Cuba mark an important boost for the Democrats if Obama can find a way to achieve it?

Schadenfreude, anyone?

Here's Trump exploding on Twitter.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Life is like a box of really classy, super expensive gourmet chocolates__Forrest Trump.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Life is like a box of really classy, super expensive gourmet chocolates__Forrest Trump.
    Ha ha ha! And:

Donald Trump's Companies Filed for Bankruptcy 4 Times:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donal...3#.UJ3fUmdf9mA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donald_Trump_youre_fired_funny_face.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	524856  

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Ha ha ha! And:

Donald Trump's Companies Filed for Bankruptcy 4 Times:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donal...3#.UJ3fUmdf9mA
    Trump represents several of the things that make the Republicans dislikeable. He's loud, arrogant, hypocritical (rails against Chinese imports while having his own label clothes made there!), the living antithesis of trickle down economics, has an ego the size of his towers while being visibly ignorant (cf his twitter rants about the election result) and is convinced of the importance of his opinions. In short, a nasty, ignorant prick, and a salutary reminder of the nastiness that the GOP sadly now largely represents. As long as people like him retain influence, bolstered by the anti-women, anti-abortion, anti-gay, fundamentalist religious taliban that comprises the Tea Party, the hole they're digging for themselves is simply getting deeper every day.

PS. Where the fuck is OMK? We need his cool, measured and rational analysis of what went wrong.

Yes, that IS sarcasm.....

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    PS. Where the fuck is OMK? We need his cool, measured and rational analysis of what went wrong.

Yes, that IS sarcasm.....
    I'm not sure but I think he may be banned for editing the content of an article to suit his needs and posting it. Such behavior could've got him sued had he done such a thing in a venue with a less...shall we say...specialized audience. Start your investigation here ->
    http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...&postcount=567

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I'm not sure but I think he may be banned for editing the content of an article to suit his needs and posting it. Such behavior could've got him sued had he done such a thing in a venue with a less...shall we say...specialized audience. Start your investigation here ->
    http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...&postcount=567
    Ah, thanks Trish, I did wonder. I almost miss the lying bastard, well, not really....

Another batshit-crazy fundamentalist republican apologist. I don't know about you, but I find his holocaust analogy offensive in the extreme. And I'm also utterly amazed that someone like this commands a significant public platform in the USA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pat Robertson.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	524924  

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Another batshit-crazy fundamentalist republican apologist. I don't know about you, but I find his holocaust analogy offensive in the extreme. And I'm also utterly amazed that someone like this commands a significant public platform in the USA.
    Disgusting!
    If there was divine Justice, if there was a God, I’m pretty convinced he would strike him…