Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Obama Wins!

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Default Re: Obama Wins!

I'd also think college graduates would do the math and see Romney/Ryan's tax plan just doesn't add up. The poor sure did. The facts don't lie; biased "economists" do.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    Did you know that among the turn-out of voters supporting Romney in the 2012 elections, only 23% were Hispanic and 27% were Asian? Honestly, I expected those numbers to be lower, especially considering Romney's posed policies on immigration reform. Then again, I'd imagine it's pretty easy to forget about all of the illegal immigrants in this country when the voters themselves are no longer illegal immigrants. Only 7% of Romney's votes were from African Americans.

Let's backtrack a little and take race out of this debate. Romney actually did better among college graduates and the working class than Obama did. Why is that? I can understand that the working class just want somebody different in office after the last four years and that difference somehow translates to betterment. I'd think that college graduates would be MORE educated on campaign issues, though.
    Your wording is slightly off...those are not percentages of Romney's vote (which was mostly white...something like 88%)..those are vote percentages of those particular races. In that respect, the percentages were incredibly low.

even more interesting is the fact that many Asians and Hispanics are very conservative...(I believe people from India and Pakistan, who tend to also be very conservative are considered Asian)...so yes,that percentage above is really quite low.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 11-10-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Your wording is slightly off...those are not percentages of Romney's vote (which was mostly white...something like 88%)..those are vote percentages of those particular races. In that respect, the percentages were incredibly low.

even more interesting is the fact that many Asians and Hispanics are very conservative...(I believe people from India and Pakistan, who tend to also be very conservative are considered Asian)...so yes,that percentage above is really quite low.
    You're right. No wonder I was a bit alarmed at how high those percentages were. I can't find good numbers through Google though, so if you stumble upon them, I'd be a bit interested to find out what they actually are.

Hispanics tend to be socially conservative voters, but that just means they vote as a bit of a wildcard; not necessarily pro-democrat or pro-republican, rather however their personal morals and religious beliefs (if any) align them.

Neither president has tried to specifically incite Asian-American voters this election, but they tend to support an activist government and usually vote democratically.

Surprisingly, both demographics support the idea of "big government" as opposed to a small government which would offer fewer services and social programs. Both demographics voted overwhelmingly democratically on tax reform, taxing the rich, and immigration issues.

Senior Member Professional Poster luv4Tgirls's Avatar

Gee that is to bad he won, we have for four yrs. under his poor efferts to do anything. Oh wait he shove Obama care down our throats, which is full tax increases.
    Plus Democrats already want to add 2.5 trillion to the debt, so more than likey after another 4 yrs we will be over 20 trillion in debt

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

I assume that the poor spelling and grammar of the last posting was intended to signal that the comment was satire.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Yeah. Boehner and McConnell have already started.
    I was being cynical.. OK, sarcastic

No wonder Obama looked pissed off in the first debate, maybe he was thinking I don't need four more years of this shit

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    I was being cynical.. OK, sarcastic

No wonder Obama looked pissed off in the first debate, maybe he was thinking I don't need four more years of this shit

I thought maybe you were, but wasn't sure. Sarcasm doesn't always translate into text.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    Someone else's take on that link...

http://www.theroot.com/views/white-p...omney?page=0,0

Many thanks for that link Willie. I'll be following the Root from time to time - Keli Goff appeared on the BBC's election coverage and was excellent - independent and objective while the other pundits were loudly flexing their partisan muscles.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Thumbs up Re: Obama Wins!

all white people that voted for OBAMA

you are now HONORARY BLACK PEOPLE

Defeated Rep congressman Allen West refusing to accept the result of the democratic process. This is the election that just keeps on giving. Enjoy.....

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed