Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Wins!

Junior Poster

Default Re: Obama Wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Bopper007 View Post
    Unless they actually do something in the next couple of months, we'll fall off that Fiscal Cliff and the economy could plummet.
    Yes, for all the talk about medical mary jane, and other social issues the economy has some very pressing problems that need to be addressed in order for this country to move forward.

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

The best man won.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by DCGuy343 View Post
    Same sex marriage passed into law in Maryland tonight...

Marijuana laws passed in two states tonight (Colorado and one other, Oregon or Washington I think)

Also in Maine, which reversed a referendum passed in 2009 outlawing same sex marriage. That makes Maine and Maryland the first states to legalize same sex marriage by popular vote (not that civil rights should ever be subject to the tyrrany of the majority, but a major social development nonetheless) and the 7th and 8th to legalize same sex marriage by any means. This makes me proud of my home state (Maine) as well as my adopted home state (Massachusetts, the first to pass same sex marriage but by judicial fiat).

I think it was three states that legalized marijuana: Colorado, Washington, and Oregon. Massachusetts passed its medical marijuana law and years back decriminalized possession of an ounce or less (a $100 misdemeanor).

And congrats to Tammy Baldwin, the first openly gay senator, who captured Wisconsin's senate seat after a difficult fight. And also to Elizabeth Warren, who unseated Scott Brown (not bad as Republicans go, but hey, this is Massachusetts, what!).

Much to celebrate, though much work to do, especially to avoid that looming fiscal cliff.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

It was a good night.

Silver Poster

Maaaannnnnnn!

I fought the crowd but made it up to the front for the celebration here in Chicago and it was worth almost 7 hours of standing to witness what the country has accomplished.

Sequestration is a scary propostition now that the Repubs don't have the accountibility of the electorate to face for 2 years. Without bipartisan support the draconian measures are a near certainty and will undoubtedly be placed at Obama's feet by the right.

Hang on folks, the next 2 months are going to be rocky.

This is eerily reminiscient of Chicago's first black Mayor, Harold Washington who had to fight his city council tooth and nail for the most basic of things. The same miscreants who vilified him while alive now sing his praises as a great mayor in death.

Watch, when Obama's term is over many will claim him as a trailblazer and a great man while demonizing him while in office.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Just woke up in the white house y'all.Obama told me to tell y'all thanks for the support.now excuse me I have to go back to congratulating the president...*bends over* lol

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    Just woke up in the white house y'all.Obama told me to tell y'all thanks for the support.now excuse me I have to go back to congratulating the president...*bends over* lol
    The best is yet to come?

Just wondering

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Veteran Poster

How much did you charge him?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGuy View Post
    How much did you charge him?
    Lol #weak

Junior Poster

How about an "Obama Won" special for us elderly guys that want a hot session with you? Will I need to show you my AARP card to prove my age and to get the special?