Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Leonard Cohen is off my bucketlist!!!

I've just got back from seeing Leonard Cohen whom I never thought I'd get the chance to see. Absolutely brilliant - if he's near you sell your girlfriend to get a ticket. The guy is 78 and played for 3 hrs, stunning and sublime. I'm biased as I'm a fan already but truly one of the best shows I've seen.

So only Tom Waits and Pink Floyd left and my concert bucketlist is complete!

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: Leonard Cohen is off my bucketlist!!!

Tom Waits is, for me, the big one yet to net. Saw the Pink Floyd several times in clubs during their Syd Barrett years! (yes - I'm slightly old) I was there in the sixties AND i remember them.

Cohen has flowered into brilliance in the second half of his career. i used to find his first couple of albums a bit adolescent. But I'm unusual in that. They

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

I saw him recently - yes, three hours non-stop. Great. Brilliant tracks on his recent album - Going Home, The Darkness, Crazy to Love You.

He reaches deep into the soul

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Spot on Sean! I saw him a couple years ago when he came out to Australia. WAS astounded how much energy and charisma he still had on stage.

One of the top concerts i've ever been to. And of course what an incredible catalogue of songs he's got to draw from.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

i've seen roger waters twice. does that count since he sings the catalog?

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Roger is probably the one guy who can fly the flag for Floyd since his co-founder Syd Barrett died some years ago -and had long since left the group because of profound mental health problems.

The band post Barrett were very different. He had a sort of Acid inspired whimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I've just got back from seeing Leonard Cohen whom I never thought I'd get the chance to see. Absolutely brilliant - if he's near you sell your girlfriend to get a ticket. The guy is 78 and played for 3 hrs, stunning and sublime. I'm biased as I'm a fan already but truly one of the best shows I've seen.

My wife and I are seeing Leonard Cohen next month in Boston. I kicked myself for passing up his last tour, so beautifully captured on the Live in London CD and DVD. One of my heroes who I've never seen.

Just over two weeks before I see another of my faves from the 60s who somehow over the years I kept missing, Neil Young. In September I finally caught Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger since I'd never seen the Doors (superb show), and in February I'm finally seeing the Who (the week after the Tranny Awards).

The Who are doing a Quadrophenia tour, right?

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post

I saw LC at Princes St Gardens at the Edinburgh Festival a few years ago and would agree with everyone else. Sublime command of the stage and a very memorable evening. How he ever became dismissed as "Gloom From a Room" is beyond me - there's plenty of dark, bitter humour in his songs.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    The Who are doing a Quadrophenia tour, right?
    You mean the 50% who are still alive?

BTW, Pete Townshend has just published his autobiography in the UK to very good reviews. Apparently it's searingly honest and his views on rock excess are pretty interesting.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed