Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Sorry Stanton Island, Lower Manhattan, Other Parts Of NY & The Greater Area .....

Southerners tried to help and are still trying but they are running into Horse Shit all over the place . Here are a few examples:

100 Trucks and their Crews ( between 300 t0 500 personel ) from Alabama Power told to take a hike because they were not UNION . This has happened to other crews from other States, especially Southern aswell .

Emergency Management Teams not taken up on their offers of assistance . Again most offers came from Southern States .

2 Georgia Army National Guard Chinook Helicopters and their Crews sitting around wasting valuable time, money, energy and resources at the Raliegh Airport Staging Area waiting .... WAITING !!!!!!!!! .... to be sent to where they are needed .

The Rock N Roll Marathon being held in Savannah said they would allow anyone with a NYC Marathon Entry to participate in their Marathon at 1/2 price ( the registration deadline has already passed for the event ). This Event is not a small thing . It is a Big Event . Bloomburg misled ..... ok he LIED that the NYC Marathon was still going to happen .

No one whether Government or Public Utilities even considered cutting off electric, gas & water just before the Sandy got close . This resulted in multiple fires, outages & DEATHS .

There are alot more things going on that are prolonging the problems in the Area and as a result it is costing alot more than it should and the people affected are are going to suffer even more .

Just think, who know more about Hurricanes and their aftermath than Southerners ? Not only have their Agencies practiced responses thru repeated drills and staged exercises, they have been thru the actual thing numerous times .

I made a joke early last week about NY/NJ not going to it that bad due to all of the support crews that were heading their way unless NY pulled that UNION shit . It was done as a joke but it looks like it wasn't . I also said the Marathon was not going to happen under any circumstances . That also happened . Just think of the Police & Emergency Services needed for such an event ? Then ad in Public Works & Utilities etc. Now ad in other Support Services . We are still not done . There is Food, Lodging, Transportation and a lot of other things . There was no way that could happen with the problems the storm had caused .

This is begining to look more like Katrina every day .

Well Southerners are still up to their old ways . Today there is a drop off collection point where i live for donations . As usual, there will be to much stuff to fit on the trucks .

So in closing, i just want to let those in dire straights due to the storm that The South is still here and trying to help you .

Just to let you know, the 1st Cadaver Dogs on Scene at the WTC were from the South . 1 belonged to a Fire Dept & the other to a Suburban Police Dept. nearby . Their handlers drove with lights and sirens the whole 1,000 miles non=stop except for fuel and arrived just after midnight . Both animals suffered injuries at the scene . The fire dept dog had to retire as a result and the police dog died as a result of breathing the toxic dust . She died 3 years later but had problems during those years . Their names are Captain Morgan & Molly .

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: Sorry Stanton Island, Lower Manhattan, Other Parts Of NY & The Greater Area .....

It is Staten island, Cecil

Default Re: Sorry Stanton Island, Lower Manhattan, Other Parts Of NY & The Greater Area .....

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    It is Staten island, Cecil
    No kidding . At least i remember to ad extra R's to words that don't have them to make up for those that Northerners don't use . Then again, it's all Greek to me . I am a native Xhosa speaker .

PS ... yes i know Staten is Dutch .

Sammi Valentine's Personal Fat Bastard & Self Appointed Teddy Bear Of Tatiana Summer & Evon Rose's Date To The 4th Annual Tranny Awards .... I Hope .

Rude Gurl Professional Poster Yvonne183's Avatar

What the fuck is the matter with you Prospero, why don't you crawl your limey ass back under the rock you came from. Cecil has given a well thought out post on the problems that NY politicians do and all you could do is find fault in his spelling. You are some piece of shit you are. read some of your own posts and you'll see your spelling isn't always up to the queens standards either. Why don't you just cut your crap of insulting everyone that doesn't have the same opinion as you. Dickhead.

What Cecil says is typical of New Yorkers, they are a stuck up bunch of fools. Even as they swim in their own shit they still refuse help form others who are different from themselves,, yea what about all that diversity talk that NY libs talk about. lol I am without power but would gladly accept help from a southerner, I wish I could tell them to come my way and restore power, I would give them a big thank you and not a brush off like the city trash dwellers gave them. New Yorkers will one day wake up from their insanity and join the rest of the country and not act like superior asses they are, if they don't maybe these rescue workers will say no when NY'ers need help again. I say let the freakin Ny'ers drown in their fiilth.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide.
    Then suddenly everyone knew me.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Thanks Yvonne.Welcome back.

I agree with you regarding the seriousness of Cecil's post (though your bile is not necessary) and i apologise to Cecil.
    I do NOT agree with you that New Yorkers are a stuck up pile of fools and the other rudeness you apply to them. But that's your privilege.
    Okay.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Prospero; 11-03-2012 at 01:15 PM.

I hope everything works out for you Yvonne .

Btw, i noticed i made alot of typoes/missed words on this thread's starting post

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Good Post Cecil. You are correct about help being turned away, but I have to believe that's an organized effort by those not directly suffering in the carnage. All you can do is make the humanitarian effort....if your kindness is rebuffed......fuck 'em. The average person in the street would gladly accept your help regardless if that blanket was made by union hands or not. I believe if some of that assistance actually got to those decimated neighborhoods, and the locals witnessed some of the thuggish behavior against those who were there to help, there would have been hell to pay. I'm a NY'er but I've lived down south and will live there again. I could tell you tales of union bullshit on construction jobs for hours, yet I was in the union before I was financially able to walk away, so I understand this issue inside and out. Don't confuse the union/political hierarchy for the average person in the street in need. There's no question the Katrina recovery effort was a disaster after the disaster so this situation is not unique. I don't think we need to re-live some of those horrors inflicted on those citizens by the Police. The underlying reasons and causes for the failures may be different, but the end result is shaping up to be the same.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Mayor Bloomberg tured away offers of assistance. From FEMA and the National Guard.

There is no footage of him flying over, or driving to the disaster scenes to see them with his own eyes.

Residents of NYC are suffering and some may die because of his arrogance.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.