Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Sex Drug of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Dispensaries here are a great thing. Rather have it be totally legal like beer but the bud quality is good so I have zero complaints. I don't know if I'm an addict but drugs are definitely a part of me. Even if I am hooked it's pleasurable and manageable.
    Indubitably. I'd say that smoking marijuana daily has had a positive impact on my personality. I've always tended to over-think, be highly analytic, and a bit of a cynic. Weed mellows me out, though. Since I've been smoking, I'm far more altruistic, optimistic, empathetic, and sociable than I used to be. Marijuana sure as hell ain't for everybody, though. Some just get nervous and paranoid.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    That would be dependence, though. Emotional dependence; or perhaps more like an emotional escape. Any way you slice it, it's still an overcompensation for a disorder whether triggered by past trauma or the very same drugs they depend on to be sexually inhibited in the first place; or any other drugs they do for that matter.

It's a moot point, though. People who self-medicate are usually self-assured that their method is either more effective or more convenient than treatment and sobriety. Saying what they "should do" is far too idealistic.
    absolutely right, i guess im a little off in the head right now... i was trying to explain against chemical dependency but i brought up emotional factors...thanks for correction

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Vodka and Kamagra.
    That'll do for me!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIris View Post
    absolutely right, i guess im a little off in the head right now... i was trying to explain against chemical dependency but i brought up emotional factors...thanks for correction
    The two go hand-in-hand anyway. Most drugs essentially increase or decrease the amount of produced peptides in the brain. Marijuana does it, as do cocaine, heroin, and a great deal of other hard drugs and prescription medications. After the over-stimulation of peptide receivers, there's a period of natural peptide underproduction. That's a vast oversimplification because I could go into talking about blockers and drugs that completely disable peptide production or disable receivers. That's too much detail to fuss with, though.

Depressents like weed and heroin cause depression to varying extents. I don't know what stimulants cause because I'm not a fan of 'em. While some drugs may entail very physical withdrawal effects, most drugs can cause an emotional or psychological dependence. It was a good idea to talk about both aspects as they're usually one-in-the-same.

Now that you're thoroughly bored, here's a little relief:

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Couldn't resist this....

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Coke and E never made me horny and while I do smoke a ton of weed I rather be stone sober when having sex

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    Indubitably. I'd say that smoking marijuana daily has had a positive impact on my personality. I've always tended to over-think, be highly analytic, and a bit of a cynic. Weed mellows me out, though. Since I've been smoking, I'm far more altruistic, optimistic, empathetic, and sociable than I used to be. Marijuana sure as hell ain't for everybody, though. Some just get nervous and paranoid.

Earlier this year I heard someone say that the paranoid feeling people get while high was because MJ brings all the stuff going on in your head to the forefront. Basically leaving it no where to hide. Now that is something I can relate to since I used to think of all the stuff I should be doing when I was high.

Buy, yeah! Definitely not for all and sex with MJ is great!

Life is short. Just enjoy it.

Meth....and for those very rare occasions LSD! Is kRaZzEeee!

in the valley of the blind the one eyed are kings

TV Hippychick Rookie Poster

Mary Jane. I love E as well every so often, but it makes me soppy and kittenish rather than fucky.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Speed , weed , X.

Old fashioned lust.