Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: 2016...Christie vs Cuomo

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    So far there's no proof that he was involved...as long as that holds and he makes some changes - then it becomes a non-issue.
    You're probably right, but don't you think it's a bridge too far if he is connected? Also, his chief of staff was involved, which is already going pretty high up the ladder. Logic tells me that people don't just initiate stuff like that without some encouragement.

But then again, he threw that woman right under the bus, so either she got a sweetheart deal somehow, or she has nothing on him because he really is innocent. I'm interested to see how this all turns out. Three years is a long time and I guess I can also see this dying down if there's nothing to connect him.

I'm not just saying this because he's a Republican. I know politicians do all sorts of things; many of these things reek of minor corruption or are aimed at winning votes. But to me, this is a breach of loyalty going beyond the normal dirty tricks of politics. If he really is involved, he's a piece of shit.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    So far, if Christie doesn't get very far, it's because the Republican Party ultimately won't back him...but there is still a lot of time between now and 2016 anyway.
    This is true. But I think the party leadership is so mixed up they never back anyone unconditionally and will be already looking for someone within their own ranks to blame for any potential loss before the race starts.

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

I still say he's too fat. If you're gonna be that heavy you better be squeaky clean. Otherwise voters are gonna think, "Okay, he's kind of a douche bag and he's obese? Nahh, I'lll vote for the other guy."

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I'm gonna wait and see. The Dems will go after him and the hard right will keep the fire burning but rally around him if he gets the nomination like they did with the other RINOs McCain and Romney.

Gold Poster

What I don't seem to understand is this. When Christie heard the accusations that the lane closures were politically motivated why didn't he just ask his staff for a copy of the traffic study? He should have tried to figure out what study was done by the Port Authority and why normal procedures weren't followed.

It seems to me any reasonable executive would do that. There's just no way he didn't know about this unless he buried his head in the sand.

Well the news out now is that he called Cuomo and started complaining about the PA investigation. Joe Mantegna's con man character in House of Games would call that.. cracking out of turn. Christie isn't as smart as he thinks he is. But I do think Dino may be onto something. Republicans might rally around a guy, even a RINO, who the Democrats are tearing to pieces like jackals. The sympathy vote in the primaries could be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    What I don't seem to understand is this. When Christie heard the accusations that the lane closures were politically motivated why didn't he just ask his staff for a copy of the traffic study? He should have tried to figure out what study was done by the Port Authority and why normal procedures weren't followed.

It seems to me any reasonable executive would do that. There's just no way he didn't know about this unless he buried his head in the sand.
    You and me both.
    Christie's goose is cooked.
    I'm thinking Rand Paul now has clear path to nomination. GOP should be happy. Senator Paul is tougher match vs Hillary IMO

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    You and me both.
    Christie's goose is cooked.
    I'm thinking Rand Paul now has clear path to nomination. GOP should be happy. Senator Paul is tougher match vs Hillary IMO
    Don't think it'll be Rand Paul.
    It'll be --
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110223_rick_santorum_ap_328.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	671340  

Santorum ? the guy who thinks contraceptives and gun background checks are the work of the devil. doubt even Republicans would be stupid enough to nominate someone who would loose electoral college 50 to zip
    We have to assume GOP wiants a candidate that has some semblance of a broad ideological appeal. That's why Chritie seemed like the early favorite before the traffic scandal

If Cuomo throws Christie under the bus relating to their conversation, who receives more damage, Christie or the bus?