Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Default Re: New stuff from Tara Emory

Hey Tara, the shoot you did for SMS with lisa. Who's idea was it to hook u two up.

Um...That was a shoot 10 years ago for somene else's website (and one that I don't even think came out that good), and that's what you ask me?

You might as well ask me what I had for dinner on that day too. I assume it was the guy who runs Strokers who came up with that idea, though Lisa was someone I knew locally.

Rookie Poster

Tara is hot, so she's hot as a blonde. However, I like the red. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Emory View Post
    Um...That was a shoot 10 years ago for somene else's website (and one that I don't even think came out that good), and that's what you ask me?

You might as well ask me what I had for dinner on that day too. I assume it was the guy who runs Strokers who came up with that idea, though Lisa was someone I knew locally.
    Always thought the scene was hot,sorry if I offended.

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood61 View Post
    Always thought the scene was hot,sorry if I offended.
    ....I gotta second that emotion. Tara, you're too hard on yourself....I Loved that scene...still do, in fact

the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

Well im just saying I put a lot more effort into my site but it seems that people are paying more attention to shoot I did ages ago that's far from my best work.

Quote Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
    That's a valid point, but that leaves the only option to self-publish, which means she has to do much of the work herself or hire people to do it for her, and have the cash flow to pay them. Print-on-demand makes it feasible to produce a book but not have to pay for printing a stock of books. There are still the various production costs for editing, design & layout, proofreading, etc. and time spent managing the process. Even on a shoestring budget, you may be considering $10,000 or more in production costs for a full color photograph-heavy book. The more you scrimp on production, the greater the risk of producing a low-quality book that people won't want to buy. A publisher would absorb all these costs and the risks.

Print publishing in general has been a flat industry for almost 20 years now, with some exceptions in genres such as comics thriving and growing. I don't know how well sexually-oriented books are doing.
    One could try using a cloud funded approach, as with Kickstarter, to raise the money for a self-published book.The first step is for Tara to decide how badly she wants to do a book. It will take a lot of commitment and initiative to get it completed. Frankly, the risks are high.
    Well, i have design and some publishing experience, and seeing as this would be a photo book, the amount of production work is more pictures than text (though I imagine there would be a bit of text about me in the beginning , probably in like 4 languages knowing Taschen), so production costs would really be like next to nothing. I now enough about how to output things for layout.

I did get a reply to their email and they gave me some submission hints, though they are like wanting only 5 photos. Oh, how in the world to sum up my career in just 5 photos!!!?!?!

As fo going the print-on-demand route, that could be nice. Though it might make the books themselves quite expensive. I'd rather a publisher hangle those costs. I guess it's up to me to figure out how to sell myself to them, and up to them to figure out if they deem me culturally significant enough to warrant a book about me...

Tara

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Tara Emory; 06-24-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: just wanted to add more words

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

people are paying more attention to shoot I did ages ago that's far from my best work.

It's because they have wanking time invested in the older stuff!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

If I knew you felt that way I never would have brought it up Tara. Thought it was a great scene and just wanted to know how you felt about it, now I know.

Junior Poster Sulka_bewitched_me's Avatar

Tara, regardless of your hair color choices, you have truly blossomed into an absolutely stunning beauty!