Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Divas San Francisco

Seriously? SRO is facing the end too? There will not be any of these old school bars left before too long. You, like me, probably remember all these places in their glory days. So many great times at all of the aforementioned places. I wish I could write up reviews of all of them but to say that anything went at them would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Even THAT is on the clock. I’m heading there on Saturday so I can get the complete scoop.

Member Rookie Poster

The T-girl only bars are dead. With rising rents, they just can't attract a big enough clientele to keep the doors open 7 days a week. There is a promoter down in LA who has a weekly t-girl night at Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach:

http://tgirlnights.com/mobile/

I can't think of any t-girl night in SF. Plenty of drag shows, even a drag bar called Oasis, but that caters to a mostly gay crowd. AsiaSF has been taken over by bachelorette parties. Definitely not the place to go for cruising.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos_Rancheros View Post
    AsiaSF has been taken over by bachelorette parties. Definitely not the place to go for cruising.
    Upstairs, yes, but there is a bar downstairs and its leads into the dressing rooms for the staff, and who knows what might happen after the show? A long shot, yes, but someone, sometime must get lucky!

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Upstairs, yes, but there is a bar downstairs and its leads into the dressing rooms for the staff, and who knows what might happen after the show? A long shot, yes, but someone, sometime must get lucky!
    A few years ago I went there a few times to check out the bar scene. They get lots of people, but no trans girls. The only time you can talk to any of the trans girls is when you catch them outside having a smoke between shows. Maybe the trans scene will get better at the power exchange but I doubt it. Ever since they moved from Otis to Jones st it hasn't been that good. It's been about 3 years since I've been there. But who knows. Maybe it's better now.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Now the lead location for meeting professional girls in the West is the Las Vegas Lounge. Things have really changed in the last 40 years.

Junior Poster

Is this the last weekend at Divas??

Junior Poster

Sorry to hear that. When I lived in SF and I got horny, I would go to Divas. I really like talking to a lady and getting to know her a bit
    before getting it on. Divas was a good place for that, at least back then.

Just a normal guy looking for a normal girl.

Junior Poster

when is the last day - I would reall like to visit one more time before they close??

Junior Poster

I agree with you, the beauty of places like Divas was that you could hang out, have a few drinks and get to know the girls a bit. That is nearly impossible in some loud nightclub with music blaring. I hate that these places are all closing, or have already closed, around the country. I hope SRO in SD does not close too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey_stl View Post
    Sorry to hear that. When I lived in SF and I got horny, I would go to Divas. I really like talking to a lady and getting to know her a bit
    before getting it on. Divas was a good place for that, at least back then.

Junior Poster

What are the girls of Diva's going to do now to make a living - and where can we find them for some fun!!