Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Guys...how did you "out" yourself?

Most of my friends and associates either know, have guessed, or don't really care. Some people at work have probably figured it out, but they're not a crowd I share a lot of info with anyway.

Not sure I'd be in a position to 'out' myself, as it were. Unless I was swept up in an election, then I'd announce it in hopes of getting time off for good behaviour.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Senior Member Junior Poster MHarrigan82's Avatar

They don't know. I have been dating a wonderful transwoman for over 4 months now and just told my parents the person that i am dating is a woman. If my girl feels like tellling them she is trans than I will cross that bridge.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Good for you both, MHarrigan! You have to stand up for her and for yourself. I admire your attitude.

My first involvement with the trans world came when I stood by a college friend who was transitioning M2F when most people dropped her. We shared a flat for a while, and although there was never anything sexual between us, I've since had relationships with both tgirls and genetic females - I see them as exactly the same, and that's also how they see themselves. My family have always been pretty liberal, so it's never been an issue.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

That was very noble of you. And I feel exactly the same, Robert Louis. We think and we ARE through our whole body; our brain is just the center of our nervous system. T-women have women’s brain (according to several concurring studies, now) and with HRT, women’s hormones: they are women. They feel, think and act exactly like any woman and a little extra in the genital region becomes a pure anatomical detail. And for them, it’s simply adjusting their metabolism and their physique to their inner feeling of self. I find we should respect that to the absolute end of its logic. They are women.
    Once Prospero brilliantly remarked that we, on HA, form a community and should defend each others. Unfortunately, we overlook or forget this sense of community and keep on arguing over the silliest stuff. But I thought his point was just remarkable.

Last edited by danthepoetman; 10-25-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    That was very noble of you. And I feel exactly the same, Robert Louis. We think and we ARE through our whole body; our brain is just the center of our nervous system. T-women have women’s brain (according to several concurring studies, now) and with HRT, women’s hormones: they are women. They feel, think and act exactly like any woman and a little extra in the genital region becomes a pure anatomical detail. And for them, it’s simply adjusting their metabolism and their physique to their inner feeling of self. I find we should respect that to the absolute end of its logic. They are women.
    Once Prospero brilliantly remarked that we, on HA, form a community and should defend each others. Unfortunately, we overlook or forget this sense of community and keep on arguing over the silliest stuff. But I thought his point was just remarkable.
    Thanks Dan, although I think I've been fortunate the way the cards were dealt. Claire was and is one of my very closest friends and she helped me to see the world in a different and very tolerant way. It wasn't a major step after that. Giving her away at her civil partnership celebration this year was one of the proudest days of my life.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

My wife saw me watching the stuff online, was a bit disturbed by it until I reassured her that we weren't going to be sharing clothes or anything like that. So long as I remain physically faithful, she's pretty much ok with things. I've told my two closest friends and my brother and they're fine with it. I don't intend to tell my Dad; he's got enough problems right now and since there's not much chance he'll ever see me with a Tgirl, there's really no need.

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/

I think it’s a good example that shows, BigDF, once again, that with people of good faith, it can be explained and understood. It’s a good thing for us, and almost a mission, as member of such a site and as fans (and friends of t-women), to open up and explain as much as we can, although I’m conscious it’s not always possible for everyone. I’m sure there’s hope. I know that when I first became aware of what transsexuality is, at the beginning of the 80s, there was far less openness for it, much less understanding and practically no information on the subject. Things have changed tremendously since then. There will be more progress, I'm convinced of that.

UNICORN HUNTER Junior Poster Baileyluv's Avatar

i met a special lil lady and let people figure whatever they want to, i have told only those that come right out and ask me. But I really dont consider PAN gay ? its its own relm, really kinda in the grey on all sides. The wife didnt like it much at first, but time has taught her much, hell she even has been out to Hamburger Mary's with me and a tgurl, hell they made out more than I did, hehehe. Dont let peoples opinions dictate how you live.

Senior Member Junior Poster SmithXXX's Avatar

I have a quite a unique family ALL WOMEN. My Father has passed away. So there is my Mother, FIVE sisters (one is transgendered (post-op), and another is lesbian). On top of that I have two nieces, a great niece, my sisters girlfriend and their daughter. and of course NONE of them are married. Leaving me as the only male in the family. So coming out to my family was not difficult at all. It was on a Friday night, and my Mom was was visiting LA and I talked my (lesbian) sister into bringing my mom to Peanuts (Club 7969). So they get there we are in the backroom by the pool table. At this time my mom has already figured it all out....lol, but it gets better. After my mom has had a drink or two, but hasn't gotten up to roam around yet. Up walks Yasmin Lee wearing a very short bright red PVC dress, thigh high red leather dominatrix boots and carrying a riding crop. She didn't see my mom, but came up behind me and whacked me in the butt with the riding crop....lol. Well needless to say she scared the crap out of me. So I then proceed to introduce Yasmin to my Mom. Yasmin staying in character to the way she was dresses smacked the riding crop on the table and said "Stand up bitch, and give me a hug!" I really didn't see any reason to further explain anything else to her. After that she has met just about all my friends; Buddy Wood, Bob, Ben, Celeste Blackula, Morgan, etc.... Since then whenever she visits LA she goes out with me one night and hangs out with me and all the local TS community. You gotta give her props for still going out and partying strong, after all she is 76.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMNs-Moms-Night-out-0361.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	520287  

3 out of 3 members liked this post.