Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Re: Do you guys like Prospero as a Moderator???

But does he have the power to bring people back. That is the question..
    because Darryl Washington is banned but there are dudes on here (like the ones you pointed out in this thread) who say and antagonize more than Darryl ever did. I think with Darryl it's a personality issue..or to be frank..it could be a racial issue.
    Nevertheless, he gets clowned and banned but the extreme level of tolerance towards others is an acceptable part of the environment. They have to literally threaten bodily harm to a girl and they still might be posting here. Whereas Darryl usually only responses with banter or personal humor info stuff. SMH

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I only realized recently that he was a moderator. There’s so much freedom in here you hardly realize there is moderators around.
    As to the choice of Prospero as a mod, come on! who could imagine a better one? He’s intelligent, measured in his comments, even when it’s a subject he has at heart, he’s articulated, never has anything gratuitously malicious to say about anybody, he’s respectful of everyone, whatever they like and whoever they are. Personally, not knowing that he was, if I had to choose one, it would be Prospero.
    As to bottomXslavanbilderass, ever since he arrived here, he’s been nothing but denigrating to almost everyone and constantly antagonizing. The mere fact that he’s still around is an amazing testimony to how much freedom of speech and thoughts we have on this forum, and how good and tolerant the mods are in general, and Prospero in particular.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Prospero has shown nothing but intelligence, even handedness, forbearance and moderation. He has never ignored nor misapplied the rules of these forums; nor can I imagine him ever doing so. I hope he chooses to keep up the good work.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

"As to bottomXslavanbilderass, ever since he arrived here, he’s been nothing but denigrating to almost everyone and constantly antagonizing. The mere fact that he’s still around is an amazing testimony to how much freedom of speech and thoughts we have on this forum, and how good and tolerant the mods are in general, and Prospero in particular."

Thank You that's precisely my previous point

4 out of 6 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsdvdman View Post
    "As to bottomXslavanbilderass, ever since he arrived here, he’s been nothing but denigrating to almost everyone and constantly antagonizing. The mere fact that he’s still around is an amazing testimony to how much freedom of speech and thoughts we have on this forum, and how good and tolerant the mods are in general, and Prospero in particular."

I don't think it was your point. It sounded like you were saying that the moderators were not being consistent and that there were many people more offensive than Daryl. Then you said that the reasons were either personality or race.

I think it's difficult to be consistent because the moderators here try to be lenient. Imagine everyone who had a complaint about someone not getting banned attributing it to racial bias on the part of the moderators. The moderators banned both fastingforlife and one of his cronies for making offensive comments about African-Americans in the Trayvon Martin thread did they not? I thought it was justified. Could they have banned more individuals? Perhaps, but the moderation has been fairly lenient here.

Look around and you'll see a number of people of every background who have gotten a free pass or two. Also, did you notice that Daryl has over a thousand posts and bottomslavewhatever has only sixty something. Did it occur to you that maybe he has not been banned yet because he hasn't posted enough of his generally obnoxious posts?

I also think it's pretty audacious to quote Dan's post and say that this was "precisely (your) point" when he was saying the moderators do a good job and you were saying approximately the opposite.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

BTW, I also think Prospero will make an excellent moderator. He has shown that he is unbiased, intelligent, but also not afraid to speak his mind when the occasion calls for it.

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster bottomXOslave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsdvdman View Post

your silly. Seems like blacks always have to team up to defend their blackhood buddies. btw i love big cock like yours so i DONT discriminate.

0 out of 10 members liked this post.
    Last edited by bottomXOslave; 10-19-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bottomXOslave View Post
    your silly. Seems like blacks always have to team up to defend their blackhood buddies. btw i love big cock like yours so i DONT discriminate.
    At least you've now made it easier for the moderators to ban you.

3 out of 6 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster bottomXOslave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    At least you've now made it easier for the moderators to ban you.
    For saying that i LOVE and open to any race. WOW i thought we were allowed to say what we like sexually in this forum ?

0 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I don't think it was your point. It sounded like you were saying that the moderators were not being consistent and that there were many people more offensive than Daryl. Then you said that the reasons were either personality or race.

I think it's difficult to be consistent because the moderators here try to be lenient. Imagine everyone who had a complaint about someone not getting banned attributing it to racial bias on the part of the moderators. The moderators banned both fastingforlife and one of his cronies for making offensive comments about African-Americans in the Trayvon Martin thread did they not? I thought it was justified. Could they have banned more individuals? Perhaps, but the moderation has been fairly lenient here.

Look around and you'll see a number of people of every background who have gotten a free pass or two. Also, did you notice that Daryl has over a thousand posts and bottomslavewhatever has only sixty something. Did it occur to you that maybe he has not been banned yet because he hasn't posted enough of his generally obnoxious posts?

I also think it's pretty audacious to quote Dan's post and say that this was "precisely (your) point" when he was saying the moderators do a good job and you were saying approximately the opposite.
    Actually..I stand by my point.
    Overall..I think there is a large degree of tolerance for freedom of expression and leniency in letting people express their opinions, and differences of opinions on this forum. However, I do think Darryl has become the "HA poster child" of being banned mainly because he is black and because of his personality. This is nothing new..it's merely a microcosm of what happens quite often in larger societies and institutions.
    Darryl said nothing more or less obnoxious than anyone else..in fact..most of his post were humored in nature and/or of a "gotcha" nature.
    A ts member here berated him with racist rants, threats of violence.etc, and this person now works for "the company". I understand the politics, I'm just saying if you want to be fair..this brother has been blatantly treated unfairly.
    BTW..I don't know Darryl never met him.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.