Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: Marijuana has changed my life.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Fuck. Wait until you try crack!
    Only if it belongs to Lucia Matthews : Although I have heard through the grapevine a certian muchkin named Candi is very protective of her mommy and would infact beat me unconcious with her binki, if I ever tried said move.

Member Rookie Poster

its 420 somewhere...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

Marijuana should definitely be legalised, no questions asked. prohibition doesnt work and the current laws on marijuana are proof of that.

Careful though. You might wind up like some of those people who can't go a day without smoking a bowl. I know people like this.

What's that do?

The Judge, last words.(Right before being blasted by a bazooka.)
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser1one View Post
    Careful though. You might wind up like some of those people who can't go a day without smoking a bowl. I know people like this.
    That wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have a negative perception of people who smoke pot on a daily basis. I know people like that too. Me.

Some of us are complete burn-outs, but that doesn't mean all of us are. I'm certainly not. I can site other examples of people who smoke on a daily basis that I wouldn't call intellectually challenged or lazy either.

Last edited by GrimFusion; 10-09-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markpratley View Post
    Marijuana should definitely be legalised, no questions asked. prohibition doesnt work and the current laws on marijuana are proof of that.
    I agree to some degree. I've never been a big fan of legalization. Allowing the US government to grow, tax, and sell marijuana would take much needed income out of the hands of home growers. Some would find gainful employment, but others would simply sell harder drugs like meth, prescriptions, and heroin to make ends meet.

I support decriminalization. Keep it illegal, but disallow local, state, and federal police from fining or arresting people found in possession of any amount of marijuana. Street prices would stay the same, growers wouldn't need to find a new source of income, and most importantly; the government doesn't take over a market that has belonged almost exclusively to "we, the people" for the last 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    I can site other examples of people who smoke on a daily basis that I wouldn't call intellectually challenged or lazy either.
    I don't know a single person who smokes on a daily basis who isn't a bit lazy... Agreed on the 'intellectually challenged' front though.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    Good for you, Erika. Friends of mine, some in their sixties, take it regularly for pain relief, mostly arthritis. Works better than prescribed drugs.
    I haven't smoked it for decades, but probably would now and then if a friend I know who uses ever bothered to offer it! He uses it for medicinal purposes having a muscular disease which, I think is one good reason for either legalising it or making it available as a prescription medicine. There is an issue with skunk, which I am assuming is not the kind of dope posters are talking about. But as a treatment for depression, it cannot work -it can help someone relax, but does not solve the source of the depression. I agree with Grimfusion, taken to excess it can actually make it worse for users when they have to go without for a while and have panic attacks or just can't cope with not being stoned all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I haven't smoked it for decades, but probably would now and then if a friend I know who uses ever bothered to offer it! He uses it for medicinal purposes having a muscular disease which, I think is one good reason for either legalising it or making it available as a prescription medicine. There is an issue with skunk, which I am assuming is not the kind of dope posters are talking about. But as a treatment for depression, it cannot work -it can help someone relax, but does not solve the source of the depression. I agree with Grimfusion, taken to excess it can actually make it worse for users when they have to go without for a while and have panic attacks or just can't cope with not being stoned all the time.
    I used to smoke quite a lot when I was younger, but now just every now and then with some friends (rarely). I think if it was available as a prescription medicine then most of the solid arguments for legalisation fall away!

Skunk is just not good for you. It's too strong imo...

And there are definitely links between depression and long term users!

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

It can't be used to treat ALL depression...
    It does work for mine though.
    I have severe depression so when it hits me, I turn into a lump.....I lay in bed and don't talk or move...and it can last days.
    But give me a joint and I'm up laughing and talking again.
    My anxiety after not smoking for a while is controllable and not really even an issue. On those high energy days it can be a bit of a pain....but then when you have excess energy it's easy to be agitated....