onmyknees Platinum Poster onmyknees's Avatar

Default Some Post Debate Clean Up

“Okay, all I heard before the debate was, ‘This has got to be about zingers. We’ve got to get zingers, we’re a country that loves zingers.’ This guy gives a zinger, they hated it. This was his worst score. I think it’s different when a zinger comes from a white guy. I do. I think white zingers are good, black zingers are bad. They hated that zinger. I do,” HBO’s Bill Maher said on the broadcast of his show “Real Time” last night.

Huh ?

No matter what the question or circumstance, the answer is always about race with you lefties.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: Some Post Debate Clean Up

No it's more often about lies, and the insane reversals of logic on the economy by the tea party and their puppet masters.

And it is also about a poisoned polity that prompts buffoons like you to label normal Americans (including many Repubicans) who are not right-wing extremists as Lefties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68435_424189110974282_590675626_n.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	513450  

Last edited by Prospero; 10-07-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Gold Poster

I remember Romney mentioning all of those things, but did not know that all were lies at the time. That is the good thing about post-debate fact-checking. The funny thing is that Obama pointed out the Medicare lie during the debate; he only did so once and it was not enough for Romney to desist from bringing it up again.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I remember Romney mentioning all of those things, but did not know that all were lies at the time. That is the good thing about post-debate fact-checking. The funny thing is that Obama pointed out the Medicare lie during the debate; he only did so once and it was not enough for Romney to desist from bringing it up again.

It's also the bad thing about post-debate fact-checking, it's after the fact and all the lies have been allowed to stand. A lot of people watched the debate but very few checked Politifact the next day.

I'd like to think that at some point we'll have real time fact-checkers like Pop-Up Video where when Romney tells one of his whoppers a red box flashes on the screen correcting him.

Btw great Romney-Pinocchio photo, Prospero

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

There was one moment when Romney didn't lie. It was when he said, "...your heart is where you money is." Romney's heart is in the Cayman Islands.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.