Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: Inspiration - name and explain yours

Black Sabbath and Count Dracula as they were the genesis of my seeking out entertainment of that sort. Until I was 9 I thought Dracula was the hero of the films. Next door neighbor explained.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I could say I have been 'inspired' by Tristan und Isolde, a work I have been seeing on stage, and have listened to for 40 years or more and which is still strange and challenging, yet the man who wrote it was in every human way repulsive; it is hard to believe such a person could have produced something so unique and indeed, so beautiful.
    Damn you Stavros, piquing my curiosity and making me go look things up!

And, is it just me, or does he look a bit like John Wayne?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RichardWagner.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	511265  

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Black Sabbath and Count Dracula as they were the genesis of my seeking out entertainment of that sort. Until I was 9 I thought Dracula was the hero of the films. Next door neighbor explained.
    Yes, ditto!

To this day, I always favour the evil spirit or the zombies or the vampire or any type of bad guy in every movie. Something must be wrong with me… Do you remember that “Croc guy”? The guy who was playing with dangerous animals everywhere? I don’t know how many times I said I would want the serpent or the crocodile to just take a good bite out of him… I must admit I felt quite a bit of guilt when he finally got killed by a skate fish.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    Yes, ditto!

To this day, I always favour the evil spirit or the zombies or the vampire or any type of bad guy in every movie. Something must be wrong with me… Do you remember that “Croc guy”? The guy who was playing with dangerous animals everywhere? I don’t know how many times I said I would want the serpent or the crocodile to just take a good bite out of him… I must admit I felt quite a bit of guilt when he finally got killed by a skate fish.
    That stingray was lying in wait the whole time using the crocs as a distraction.

I found myself backing the most rotten piece of shit in a Criminal Minds episode recently. I was yelling at the TV trying to coach him out of the multi-level parking lot avoiding Prentiss and Hotchner. He was so vile I'm embarrassed to say what they were after him for. I was so happy he got away.

Ms Anthrope Junior Poster GoddessAthena85's Avatar

well as many of you know most of girls who have ever worked in the business or done a shoot have more then one name. If you are one of those guys that dont want to break the fantasy and hear the truth I suggest you advert your eyes. As I am nothing more then me and truthful...
    Athena... I have always been strongly connected with this Goddess, the Goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. perfect way to remember daily that in this world we must be strong and beautiful at the same time.
    onto my name I live under

Tess short for Tessa which is still short for Tesseract :
    A 4 dimensional hyper cube used in sacred geometry.

For those of you open minded the full spiritual sense of both names are on my blog. just posted.
    http://youlikeit85.tumblr.com

R.I.P Mitch Lucker-- whatever its not like Henry Rollins died

lmao y'all where talking about inspiration in general (fail)

Senior Member Platinum Poster

No no, lovely Athena! You’re invited to talk about what you want! I also love the owl goddess. She was also revered for her beauty sometimes. The city which was the cradle of democracy and western culture use her as her patron and was a source of incredible inspiration for it! Athens, of course.
    I love Athena myself!

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessAthena85 View Post
    well as many of you know most of girls who have ever worked in the business or done a shoot have more then one name. If you are one of those guys that dont want to break the fantasy and hear the truth I suggest you advert your eyes. As I am nothing more then me and truthful...
    Athena... I have always been strongly connected with this Goddess, the Goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. perfect way to remember daily that in this world we must be strong and beautiful at the same time.
    onto my name I live under

Tess short for Tessa which is still short for Tesseract :
    A 4 dimensional hyper cube used in sacred geometry.

For those of you open minded the full spiritual sense of both names are on my blog. just posted.
    http://youlikeit85.tumblr.com
    It's all good Goddess!

Quote Originally Posted by danthepoetman View Post
    No no, lovely Athena! You’re invited to talk about what you want! I also love the owl goddess. She was also revered for her beauty sometimes. The city which was the cradle of democracy and western culture use her as her patron and was a source of incredible inspiration for it! Athens, of course.
    I love Athena myself!
    Very nice new photo Dan

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Stavros - who has elevated the art of pomposity to new heights with his arrogant elevation of his own opinions to established fact. C'mon old fellow. You are all entitled to your opinion, but next you'll be telling us Proust is a tawdry tittle tattler and Shakespeare a second rate poet and third rate playwright.Have you actually read any Nabokov. The man's writing was superb. In my opinion. " I don't see how anyone can be inspired by a liar and a fraud like Nabokov, nor is it just because of his lamentably poor writing, almost as bad as Kafka, but even more pointless. "