Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Spent the last two weeks in a State run Regional Psychiatric Hospital

Thank you, BigDF!

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

Default Re: Spent the last two weeks in a State run Regional Psychiatric Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Thanks for the update, BigDF. Erika is a nice gal and we all like her. Until then, I hope she has a Happy Halloween and Thanksgiving and we'll wait for the best Christmas wishes.
    Wish you well and see you soon!

I'm the most amazing person you'll never know,because society has convinced you I should be ignored or avoided. Want to know something? Ask... Just ask.

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Thanks for the update, BigDF. Erika is a nice gal and we all like her. Until then, I hope she has a Happy Halloween and Thanksgiving and we'll wait for the best Christmas wishes.

Even though my dad played for Michigan.

I'm a Dodger fan too.

Thanks, Dino. I'll pass along yours and everyones best wishes to her the next time we talk.

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

You are a good guy BigDF... send her my best too

I’m thinking about lady Erika, this morning. I hope she takes a good breather, takes good care of herself to come back to us in good shape.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigDF View Post
    Thanks, Dino. I'll pass along yours and everyones best wishes to her the next time we talk.
    Hope she gets a kick outta the Marge Schott/Pete Rose pic. I grew up booing Charlie Hustle until I had no voice left. But secretly I woulda traded Ron Cey for Pete in a second.

Too many posts to go through ... I read your first post and say this:

I completely understand that this life is hard as hell. I understand that you may feel alone and unappreciated. I understand that others around you do not take the time to understand you. I understand that for the moment - NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT OR YOUR WAY. But I also understand that every time I've felt that way - I've held on and things have gotten better than they were at that time.

My opinion on this may be meaningless ... but there is something to be said for continuing to fight, to battle, to simple see what comes next.

Good luck ... but more importantly Good Heart. Show everyone that you're not going to simply lay down be run over, but that you'er going to stand up for yourself.

Bald Headed Old Fart Professional Poster BigDF's Avatar

I spoke to Erika on the telephone last week and she sounded good. She's got a new counselor and psychiatrist helping her with her depression and other issues. She is staying off the internet and asked me to pass on her mailing address in case anyone wants to contact her that way.

Erika Spangler
    12852 Scatter Ridge Rd.
    Athens, OH 45701

She also told me she really enjoys reading letters.

I want to make you gasp and sigh!

Live to Love, Love to Live

http://brittanystjordan.com/

Red face Re: Spent the last two weeks in a State run Regional Psychiatric Hospital

Thanks a lot, BigDF. I will definitely write to her if she's ok with it. I'm glad to hear she's doing better.
    Staying off the net for a while is not a bad idea. I've entertain that one for a while myself.
    BigDF, you're a real friend to her. You're a very honorable person.

I haven't visited HA a lot since my PC died, so I was shocked to read this today for the first time. Erika, take care... hang in there! As someone who's hit rock bottom a few times I can tell you that things will get better eventually. You've got lots of friends here, I'm pleasantly surprised by the closeness of the HA community.

Insert funny quote here