Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: Spent the last two weeks in a State run Regional Psychiatric Hospital

i know what you are feeling like i have been where u have been and just remember what you have in your life worth living for like family and friends and whatever else is great in your life that is the only way i didnt do it. just take things 1 day at a time and dont regret what you have done that will make it worse. it takes time and i wish you the best. you are at bottom all you can do is go up from here and 1 day you will rise about it and be 1 million times better than if this didnt happen to you!! just remember what you have to live for and it makes it easier to live!!

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Spent the last two weeks in a State run Regional Psychiatric Hospital

Hi, Ericka

Sorry to hear about your troubles and I can completely relate as I was in the same situation about two months ago and had to have a month off work, two weeks of which were spent under hospital supervision, and I was nearing the end of 18 months of therapy too...

I can't presume to know what your issues are and depression makes you immune to alot of positive comments as your emotional state makes you unreceptive. All I can say is at the time, i was told this was a transitory feeling, that it would pass and I would get through it...I thought that was absolute bullshit and had a noose ready whilst in the hospital...yet here I am. Therapy's finished (not too helpful, but still...) and I'm still here...still get pangs but still moving forward...

It's probably too raw for you at the minute, but please hang in there, get some help and try support and advice on board, and you can make it through this..

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

I know all about depression as I have been fighting with it for many years my heart truly goes out to you. I have been in that dark place and believe me when I say there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Gold Poster

I am also a long time depression sufferer and I do know from having gone through four years of major depression that you can come out of it. There was one point when I did something stupid and was sure I had suffered brain damage from it. The resulting distress from this caused me to think about suicide every day for weeks on end.

My point is that while nobody can know exactly how you're feeling no situation is hopeless. Things that are going on upstairs, while serious, can mend but only if you hang in there. Don't be afraid to ask for help, and do try your hardest to keep yourself away from those situations where you are most tempted to hurt yourself. Best wishes.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BigDF View Post
    Hello all, I spoke to Erika on the phone this morning and although she is still very down, she seems to be on the mend, depending on how things go with her therapist on Thursday. While she's worried the therapist will see she's still cutting herself and recommend that she be committed again, she is trying to find outpatient therapy. She has promised to send me an email on Thursday and let me know how things are going. Thanks to everyone for their positive responses, you are all living up to the title of this board.
    BigDF, if she doesn’t come on the site, please tell her about the support she’s getting on the forum and transmit to her all of our good thoughts. Thank you for giving us news of her well being! In time like this, friends are crucial. As friends of Erika, I think we should also thank you for the friendship you have for her too.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Any recent news from our Erika, anyone? BigDF?

Senior Member Professional Poster

Hello everyone.

I first must say thank you for all of the love and support you have all sent on this thread. It has been a rough four weeks, but this last thrusday I started to make some postive changes in my life and am starting to feel better. I don't feel the urge to self harm anymore, I feel that I am finally in control of my life, instead of life circumstances controling me.

Thank again for all for your support, I am truly thankful.

Erika xoxo

Freudian Slip Platinum Poster Wendy Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erika1487 View Post
    Hello everyone.

I first must say thank you for all of the love and support you have all sent on this thread. It has been a rough four weeks, but this last thrusday I started to make some postive changes in my life and am starting to feel better. I don't feel the urge to self harm anymore, I feel that I am finally in control of my life, instead of life circumstances controling me.

Erika xoxo
    Glad to hear things are looking better!

Senior Member Silver Poster

Hello everyone.

Erika xoxo
    Im very -pleased to hear angel xxx

Hello everyone.

Erika xoxo
    Good news Erika, keep going girl.. it will get better.