Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: TS Adriella Vendramine attacked in Dublin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikka View Post
    it is better to be a killing machine with some self defense technic, and always sober (very important)
    Oups! I'm in trouble!
    I can handle myself in any bar brawl, but I'm no killing machine. As far as being always sober is concerned, well... er...

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by castor_troyuk View Post
    Gotta be Bill the Butcher in Gangs of New York. Great movie
    Got it!

Junior Poster

Second that about Gangs of New York.

Rookie Poster

being irish i do get sick of us being generalised whenever anything bad happens or is written about us. I am not from dublin but like most cities it can be dangerous in certain areas. i also know that there is about 40 regular tv's/ts's there at one time and this is the first time something this bad has happened from what i know. to the people who claim we're "savages" or whatever. don't waste your breath, if you hate that obviously than no one will listen to you anyway

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Im glad that this forum is taking a stand against some of the worst kinds of racism and hate.

People will make judgments on places, and people, based on limited knowledge and imperfect generalisations. i dont think dublin any worse than other parts of europe. And the lack of legal recognition and protection means we cant be sure about the relative risks faced by sexworkers and transsexuals (whether working or not). Of course, we know those risks are real, and even one attack is one too many.

shocking news today about the levels of violence transsexuals subjected to in Brazil, described as the
    “transgender murder capital of the world”

http://www.bikyamasr.com/79032/trang...ate-in-brazil/

[QUOTE]RIO DE JANEIRO: Brazil continues to witness the murder of transgender citizens in what local rights groups and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) activists have said is “alarming.”

Brazil remains the “transgender murder capital of the world,” and it does not appear to be slowing.

A young transgender woman was found in a dumpster in São Paulo on September 16.

The 20-year-old woman, who investigators have not yet identified publicly, had been “murdered and mutilated, her genitals and an ear removed.”

Police say they suspect she was a sex worker, who was taken to the location and murdered by a john.

But the month before, another murder rocked the city’s LGBT community when a 23-year-old trans woman was murdered in Clementina and four other transgender women were shot in the city of São José do Rio Preto, of which two died.

Suspects have been arrested in both cases, one of them reportedly a former police officer. According to Grupo Gay da Bahia, an LGBT organization in Brazil, there were 266 murders of LGBT people in Brazil last year, six times more than in 2010.

One recent Grupo Gay da Bahia report, according to Gay Star News, concludes that Brazil has the highest rate of LGBT murders in the world; the risk of a gay man being murdered in Brazil is 800 percent higher than in the United States; and one Brazilian LGBT person was murdered every 33 hours in 2011.

For Martina, that number is scary and she fears going to certain areas of Rio de Janeiro, where groups of men often look for those that appear different.

“If a gay or lesbian was found in these slums, they would probably be beaten or raped, but a trans woman, that would be unthinkable and I don’t think coming out alive would happen,” she told Bikyamasr.com, herself a trans woman.

She believes that the police do little to crackdown on such crimes before they happen “because they actually promote it in many ways by what they tell the community. All trans people must be sex workers, right?”

For her, this is the issue, and at the heart of the matter for the country. If Brazil is going to tackle its prejudice, “it has to understand that we have to talk about it.”
    /QUOTE]

[quote=gslang;1210148]Im glad that this forum is taking a stand against some of the worst kinds of racism and hate.

People will make judgments on places, and people, based on limited knowledge and imperfect generalisations. i dont think dublin any worse than other parts of europe. And the lack of legal recognition and protection means we cant be sure about the relative risks faced by sexworkers and transsexuals (whether working or not). Of course, we know those risks are real, and even one attack is one too many.

shocking news today about the levels of violence transsexuals subjected to in Brazil, described as the
    “transgender murder capital of the world”

http://www.bikyamasr.com/79032/trang...ate-in-brazil/

RIO DE JANEIRO: Brazil continues to witness the murder of transgender citizens in what local rights groups and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) activists have said is “alarming.”

Brazil remains the “transgender murder capital of the world,” and it does not appear to be slowing.

A young transgender woman was found in a dumpster in São Paulo on September 16.

The 20-year-old woman, who investigators have not yet identified publicly, had been “murdered and mutilated, her genitals and an ear removed.”

Police say they suspect she was a sex worker, who was taken to the location and murdered by a john.

But the month before, another murder rocked the city’s LGBT community when a 23-year-old trans woman was murdered in Clementina and four other transgender women were shot in the city of São José do Rio Preto, of which two died.

Suspects have been arrested in both cases, one of them reportedly a former police officer. According to Grupo Gay da Bahia, an LGBT organization in Brazil, there were 266 murders of LGBT people in Brazil last year, six times more than in 2010.

One recent Grupo Gay da Bahia report, according to Gay Star News, concludes that Brazil has the highest rate of LGBT murders in the world; the risk of a gay man being murdered in Brazil is 800 percent higher than in the United States; and one Brazilian LGBT person was murdered every 33 hours in 2011.

For Martina, that number is scary and she fears going to certain areas of Rio de Janeiro, where groups of men often look for those that appear different.

“If a gay or lesbian was found in these slums, they would probably be beaten or raped, but a trans woman, that would be unthinkable and I don’t think coming out alive would happen,” she told Bikyamasr.com, herself a trans woman.

She believes that the police do little to crackdown on such crimes before they happen “because they actually promote it in many ways by what they tell the community. All trans people must be sex workers, right?”

For her, this is the issue, and at the heart of the matter for the country. If Brazil is going to tackle its prejudice, “it has to understand that we have to talk about it.”
    /QUOTE]

It's all too depressingly true, and Brazil has a terrible record. The police are often involved, as here. The violence against transsexuals in Brazil has been going on for decades and is very well documented.

I still think the economic downturn will have the effect of increasing these in areas of Europe and maybe elsewhere which have been badly affected by it. I've nothing against either the Irish or Dublin, where several of my family live, but transsexuals are too obvious and at least perceived to be too easy a target.

BlackCat just posted this one on a thread. Made me think. I hope the poor girl is ok, alive and out of trouble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4f451ad9f33ce-full-9.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	513311  

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Originally Posted by suttonporksword EIGHTEEN HOURS AGO
    Adryella Vendramine is in birmingham right now....£200 for the hour

So what is the truth?

Thanks, Prospero.
    It sure takes care of this one...

Junior Poster

with these brazilian gangs its hard to tell any truth, hence the reference to 'alleged" at the beginning and the concern about the lack of any corroborating report.

in ireland the resident group were clearly using pictures and names of superstars to attract unsuspecting customers. plus the use of such scare stories and direct treats to other visiting tgirls. Camilia cut short her last visit there cos of these.

im glad the vigilant members here can help discover more information, if not the whole truth.