Post Anti-Gay Christian Pretends to Be Gay for a Year

Anti-Gay Christian Pretends to Be Gay for a Year

Timothy Kurek eventually wrote a pro-gay book about it

For Timothy Kurek, gays were nothing more than "fags" destined to burn in hell. But Kurek, a conservative Christian living in Nashville, was surprised when a friend revealed to him she was a lesbian. He was also moved—and decided to spend a year living under cover as a gay man. He "came out" to his mom, recruited a pretend boyfriend, joined a gay softball league, and found himself the victim of the same verbal assaults that he once unleashed on others, the Guardian reports.
    Called a "faggot" by a passerby during softball practice, Kurek was so enraged that he had to be restrained—and burst out in tears. "When I was first called that for real, I lost it," he said. "I felt so violated by that word." In the end, he "came out" as straight and wrote a book about the experience called The Cross in the Closet. He says his experience reaffirmed his faith and converted him into a gay-rights supporter; now he hopes others will follow. "The vast majority of conservative Christians are not hateful bigots at all," he says. "It is just a vocal minority that gets noticed and attracts all the attention."
    http://www.newser.com/story/155787/a...mpaign=rss_3_2

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster bimale69's Avatar

Default Re: Anti-Gay Christian Pretends to Be Gay for a Year

Nice to see some people actually finding out the truth about the glbt community, that we aren't the slobbering, satanic, child-molesting pervs they makes us out to be. I think some of those dimwits like pat robertson,rick shitorum, james dobson, and other bible-thumping assholes like them ought to be treated to the same exposure therapy.

I don't need anger management. I just need some people to manage their stupidity.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Whew...I thought you meant Christian

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    Whew...I thought you meant Christian
    On a serious note, that looks like it would be an interesting read. It's always interesting when one who discriminates against another walks in their shoes for a minute to see how that person feels when they're insulted and such.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Silver Poster

cool story natina.there was also, recently, a neurosurgeon that claimed to experience heaven. he was a former athiest. since religion isn't as cheerfully accepted by most liberals, let's see whether this story gets equally positive response as the other one

Last edited by bluesoul; 10-15-2012 at 09:09 PM.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

and as positive as this story is...the conservative machine is presently working to discredit him as a closeted homosexual that in fact wasn't pretending. unfortunate.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Living under cover as a gay man??? Really?
    Sounds more like a guy that came out of the closet and then went back in because he found it was safer that way.

Member Rookie Poster riccadevia's Avatar

Try living as a straight man for 20+ years and get back to me...amateur!

Last edited by riccadevia; 04-17-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade View Post
    On a serious note, that looks like it would be an interesting read. It's always interesting when one who discriminates against another walks in their shoes for a minute to see how that person feels when they're insulted and such.
    You're exactly right. And this is the core of the real teachings of Jesus. This is what it means, to "love thy neighbor as thyself." And it does not mean someone who is like you, or believes as you do. Because so many people live in communities where everyone is similar, they may not understand what Christ meant. If you are 'straight', then your neighbor is gay. If you are a Christian, then your neighbor is Muslim, and so on. Because of Jesus's parable the term "good Samaritan" is general understood to be a good person. But he used that example, because they were looked down upon by Hebrews. The Samaritan's even rejected Jesus's overtures, directly I am told. But his story said that a person from a group that others consider 'outcasts', is still capable of doing good deeds, and may end up performing better than the most respected of society, (a Rabbi, for example). The people who call themselves Christians, and condemn other classes of people are doing this, in spite of the teachings of Jesus, not because of the teachings.