Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Mitt Romney blames the "victims"

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a Church of Atheism. It would be good for the tax breaks. I'd even open schools which would only teach religion as history and the Darwin's Fact of Evolution (stop calling it a theory!).
    We'd meet every Friday around tea time for Happy Hour and discuss how to make the world a better place - and then go on a pub crawl.
    You mean this ? - http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a Church of Atheism. It would be good for the tax breaks. I'd even open schools which would only teach religion as history and the Darwin's Fact of Evolution (stop calling it a theory!).
    We'd meet every Friday around tea time for Happy Hour and discuss how to make the world a better place - and then go on a pub crawl.
    It's okay to call it a theory; that does not imply that there is any question about its basis in fact. Evolution is a fact; Darwin's theory explains it, is testable and predictable and fits all the known data. The problem is those who don't understand, or pretend not to understand, the difference between a theory and a hypothesis. I know what you mean though, it is bloody annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Latest polls suggest that not only is Obama likely to win the presidency but that the democrats might also win control of both houses. They maybe the deadlock that has blocked things since the mid term elections will be removed and he can get on with what needs doing without Republican obstructionism (which then translates into blaming Obama for "his" failures.)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    ^^ Check the quoted post. ^^
    Don't get me wrong, it has been a challenge for Obama to pass any democratic policy though the trammeled Republican majority congress, but he's done plenty of continued wrongdoings by supporting many of Bush's previously enacted policies when he had the option to modify or simply not sign them back into effect. His promises to end "the war(s)" have been an outright lie. Defense budget spending and national security have increased further eroding our constitutional rights as American citizens.

I'm not saying Obama hasn't done America any good. Only that his motives are just as murky as any modern president; Bush included.

I assumed Romney was a moderate. I mean, he could be placating his donors and, too, his base.
    I mean, does he himself have moderate positions or extremist positions or is he merely an opportunist?
    I mean, politics is acting. So maybe he's one hell of an actor.
    And, too, I'm not entirely sure why he's running for President. Frankly, I don't get it. I mean, he's turning 66 next year. He's in his twilight years. He's got all the money in the world.
    Does he merely like the conniving aspect of politics? Or maybe he likes raising money? Or the power? Or he likes the aspect of serving the corporate super-rich?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I think he's running because he's needy. He requires more than the approval of his family, friends and church. He wants your approval. He wants the approval of the tea-party. He wants the approval of the republican party. He wants the approval of Boston's progressives. He wants God's approval. He wants to be president for the same reason he wanted to be the class president. He needs universal approval. He'll say what he needs to, to get approval. He is the most needy man in the world. Of course, I may be wrong...he may be the most greedy man in the world
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	most needy man.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	507743  

Last edited by trish; 09-23-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I assumed Romney was a moderate. I mean, he could be placating his donors and, too, his base.
    I mean, does he himself have moderate positions or extremist positions or is he merely an opportunist?
    I mean, politics is acting. So maybe he's one hell of an actor.
    And, too, I'm not entirely sure why he's running for President. Frankly, I don't get it. I mean, he's turning 66 next year. He's in his twilight years. He's got all the money in the world.
    Does he merely like the conniving aspect of politics? Or maybe he likes raising money? Or the power? Or he likes the aspect of serving the corporate super-rich?
    Are you kidding? He's absolutely an opportunist.
    Bane Capital essentially bought business', optimized them for profit efficiency, and sold them some number of years later. Profit efficiency includes lay-off's, job duty consolidation, lower hiring wages, lower working wages, higher turn-over, fewer benefits to employees, morale decline, and lower product or service quality. American jobs about suck these days because of the actions of Bane Capital among a myriad of other investment companies. He spent most of a decade professionally exploiting the American working-class. I'd say that makes him an opportunist.

Politics is acting as most involved have to focus on filtering what they say. Not just for purposes of implication, but to avoid upsetting public opinion as well. Romney's ability to save-face blows goats for quarters; but before it was Romney, it was Santorum and a long list of other politicians with foot-in-mouth disorder. That's half of the job, though. It's a little insane to think that any president would need to have a honed ability to lie to the public, but it's absolutely essential because nobody would vote for a president who is honest and transparent, no matter whether conservative or liberal.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Nice - I'm doing it.
    I'll be available for weddings soon!

Senior Member Veteran Poster SFTB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion View Post
    He spent most of a decade professionally exploiting the American working-class. I'd say that makes him an opportunist.
    Okay, enough. I'll try to make it simple. Really simple.
    Obama has run the deficit to the 16-17 trillion mark in less than 4 yrs.
    The inflation alone is killing the American working class.
    If you think 4 more years of him is good for the working class, please by all means vote for him.
    Those people you cry for on fixed incomes, and assistance, they might think their voting someone who will champion them, but what do you thinks going to happen when those SNAP cards cant buy enough to fill the fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    Okay, enough. I'll try to make it simple. Really simple.
    Obama has run the deficit to the 16-17 trillion mark in less than 4 yrs.
    If you think 4 more years of him is good for the working class, please by all means vote for him.
    Those people you cry for on fixed incomes, and assistance, they might think their voting someone who will champion them, but what do you thinks going to happen when those SNAP cards cant buy enough to fill the fridge?

Only one President, Bill Clinton, tackled the deficit in the last 35 years. But he did it on the backs of working people. Plus he made capital more mobile. With NAFTA and free trade "agreements" with China. Hence hurting working people.
    The financialization of the economy means vast sums of cash go to a tiny few. It's designed that way. Which makes sense. From Mitt's own perspective. I mean, all this financialization of the economy has been normalized. Free trade has been normalized etc., etc.
    I mean, NAFTA harmed and harms the population. It's fantastic for Mitt and his buddies. But harmful for working people.
    But corporate and state structures don't take into account the harm they'll cause. Nor should they. It's purely selfish. It's rational.
    I mean, capital investment is about making capital, more capital and more and more. Not to say: make the lives of working Americans happier and healthier and a little less stressful -- ha ha ha!
    The reason we have a deficit is because of our bloated military budget and our inefficient health care system. Fix that. And you'll have a budgetary surplus.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SFTB View Post
    LOL. Might as well say Bengal Tigers alone are killing the American working class.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inflation.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	507764